Juke / Footwork

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 pm

I came to it by total accident by some disco people and so far I'm pretty impressed, it's mindbending stuff, the groove isn't so apparent and I really have to work to find it (which is something I'm always interested in) doing another mixtape today I was mixing it with some Ritualz stuff and it seemed to work pretty well.

Just listening to DJ Rashad's album now

any one interested in this genre?

User avatar
viv
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: --:U:K:--
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by viv » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 pm

I quite like this:
http://soundcloud.com/lil-jabba/demon-money

LiL ♎ JaBBA - only heard it today, going to be dloading it and listening all of tomorrow.
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 pm

viv wrote:I quite like this:
http://soundcloud.com/lil-jabba/demon-money

LiL ♎ JaBBA - only heard it today, going to be dloading it and listening all of tomorrow.
cheers for the link. this is great.

I enjoyed this mix recently: http://www.mixcloud.com/kaptaincadillac ... -massacre/

User avatar
viv
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: --:U:K:--
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by viv » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Anton Maiof wrote:
viv wrote:I quite like this:
http://soundcloud.com/lil-jabba/demon-money

LiL ♎ JaBBA - only heard it today, going to be dloading it and listening all of tomorrow.
cheers for the link. this is great.

I enjoyed this mix recently: http://www.mixcloud.com/kaptaincadillac ... -massacre/
listening to it now, love this dark stuff - really cool, anyway to acquire a HQ Dload?
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:08 pm

there's a link to a blog on the mixcloud site I think. but yeah, these french guys are doing well

User avatar
viv
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: --:U:K:--
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by viv » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:25 pm

He's got a new track out, so good, im going to follow this dude
http://soundcloud.com/lil-jabba/bruiser
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞

User avatar
DCΞL
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 am

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by DCΞL » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:21 pm

These were some of the first mixes to bring widespread attention to the sound outside of Chicago:

http://soundcloud.com/headhunter/headhu ... ember-2009

http://www.mixcloud.com/mikep/mike-para ... kjuke-mix/

http://yearofmixtapes.blogspot.com/2010 ... -juke.html HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :!:

Also recommended is the older Detroit-centric Ghettotech sound (see: DJ Assault "Belle Isle Tech" vol. 1 & 2)... the modern Detroit variant of Juke/Footwork is called Jit, FYI. There are other regional variants for Baltimore and other cities too.

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Tue May 17, 2011 4:14 pm

I've been enjoying DJ Roc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R97qx9Sh0Y

I went to uni with Tony Headhunter / Addison Groove turns out we work with the same publishing company now. Small world... small fucking world.

User avatar
0hPeee
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:51 am

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by 0hPeee » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:17 am

i've just been getting into this stuff... hadn't liked it at first, but it's grown on me a lot. been listening to DJ Nates album a lot...

i made this track, inspired by the footwork sound.. kind of fusing it with my style.

http://soundcloud.com/ourobonicplague/d ... own-rough/

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:00 pm

0hPeee wrote:i've just been getting into this stuff... hadn't liked it at first, but it's grown on me a lot. been listening to DJ Nates album a lot...

i made this track, inspired by the footwork sound.. kind of fusing it with my style.

http://soundcloud.com/ourobonicplague/d ... own-rough/
this is great. its like mutant hardstyle juke

User avatar
0hPeee
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:51 am

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by 0hPeee » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:31 am

Anton Maiof wrote:
0hPeee wrote:i've just been getting into this stuff... hadn't liked it at first, but it's grown on me a lot. been listening to DJ Nates album a lot...

i made this track, inspired by the footwork sound.. kind of fusing it with my style.

http://soundcloud.com/ourobonicplague/d ... own-rough/
this is great. its like mutant hardstyle juke
haha. thanks... think i'll be playing in these higher bpm's a bit more often..

User avatar
m◊◊nlit
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:27 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by m◊◊nlit » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:22 am

Chrissy Murderbot and Jamie Grind have been my only excursions into Juke so far, I meant to pick up something by DJ Nate but it hasn't happened. Yet.

HDTEKLIFE
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by HDTEKLIFE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:32 pm

imf a juke footwork producer! a member of dj spinn and rashad's label teklife litcity records.. check out my sounds tell me what you think... we love the support all over the world http://soundcloud.com/hdteklife

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Spinn and Rashad keep getting better and better.

jazsimkibler
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:53 am

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by jazsimkibler » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:03 am

Hey i am also interested in mixing some of the songs,I am totally rookie in this mixing genre i just wanted some suggestions and advice so that i can also found my own way in to this.I just wanted to know on which software you started mixing first time i want practice on that first..???

Post Reply