Juke / Footwork

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 pm

I came to it by total accident by some disco people and so far I'm pretty impressed, it's mindbending stuff, the groove isn't so apparent and I really have to work to find it (which is something I'm always interested in) doing another mixtape today I was mixing it with some Ritualz stuff and it seemed to work pretty well.

Just listening to DJ Rashad's album now

any one interested in this genre?

viv
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: --:U:K:--
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by viv » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 pm

I quite like this:
http://soundcloud.com/lil-jabba/demon-money

LiL ♎ JaBBA - only heard it today, going to be dloading it and listening all of tomorrow.
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 pm

viv wrote:I quite like this:
http://soundcloud.com/lil-jabba/demon-money

LiL ♎ JaBBA - only heard it today, going to be dloading it and listening all of tomorrow.
cheers for the link. this is great.

I enjoyed this mix recently: http://www.mixcloud.com/kaptaincadillac ... -massacre/

viv
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: --:U:K:--
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by viv » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Anton Maiof wrote:
viv wrote:I quite like this:
http://soundcloud.com/lil-jabba/demon-money

LiL ♎ JaBBA - only heard it today, going to be dloading it and listening all of tomorrow.
cheers for the link. this is great.

I enjoyed this mix recently: http://www.mixcloud.com/kaptaincadillac ... -massacre/
listening to it now, love this dark stuff - really cool, anyway to acquire a HQ Dload?
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:08 pm

there's a link to a blog on the mixcloud site I think. but yeah, these french guys are doing well

viv
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: --:U:K:--
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by viv » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:25 pm

He's got a new track out, so good, im going to follow this dude
http://soundcloud.com/lil-jabba/bruiser
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞

DCΞL
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 am

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by DCΞL » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:21 pm

These were some of the first mixes to bring widespread attention to the sound outside of Chicago:

http://soundcloud.com/headhunter/headhu ... ember-2009

http://www.mixcloud.com/mikep/mike-para ... kjuke-mix/

http://yearofmixtapes.blogspot.com/2010 ... -juke.html HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :!:

Also recommended is the older Detroit-centric Ghettotech sound (see: DJ Assault "Belle Isle Tech" vol. 1 & 2)... the modern Detroit variant of Juke/Footwork is called Jit, FYI. There are other regional variants for Baltimore and other cities too.

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Tue May 17, 2011 4:14 pm

I've been enjoying DJ Roc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R97qx9Sh0Y

I went to uni with Tony Headhunter / Addison Groove turns out we work with the same publishing company now. Small world... small fucking world.

0hPeee
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:51 am

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by 0hPeee » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:17 am

i've just been getting into this stuff... hadn't liked it at first, but it's grown on me a lot. been listening to DJ Nates album a lot...

i made this track, inspired by the footwork sound.. kind of fusing it with my style.

http://soundcloud.com/ourobonicplague/d ... own-rough/

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:00 pm

0hPeee wrote:i've just been getting into this stuff... hadn't liked it at first, but it's grown on me a lot. been listening to DJ Nates album a lot...

i made this track, inspired by the footwork sound.. kind of fusing it with my style.

http://soundcloud.com/ourobonicplague/d ... own-rough/
this is great. its like mutant hardstyle juke

0hPeee
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:51 am

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by 0hPeee » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:31 am

Anton Maiof wrote:
0hPeee wrote:i've just been getting into this stuff... hadn't liked it at first, but it's grown on me a lot. been listening to DJ Nates album a lot...

i made this track, inspired by the footwork sound.. kind of fusing it with my style.

http://soundcloud.com/ourobonicplague/d ... own-rough/
this is great. its like mutant hardstyle juke
haha. thanks... think i'll be playing in these higher bpm's a bit more often..

m◊◊nlit
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:27 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by m◊◊nlit » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:22 am

Chrissy Murderbot and Jamie Grind have been my only excursions into Juke so far, I meant to pick up something by DJ Nate but it hasn't happened. Yet.

HDTEKLIFE
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by HDTEKLIFE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:32 pm

imf a juke footwork producer! a member of dj spinn and rashad's label teklife litcity records.. check out my sounds tell me what you think... we love the support all over the world http://soundcloud.com/hdteklife

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by Anton Maiof » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Spinn and Rashad keep getting better and better.

jazsimkibler
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:53 am

Re: Juke / Footwork

Post by jazsimkibler » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:03 am

Hey i am also interested in mixing some of the songs,I am totally rookie in this mixing genre i just wanted some suggestions and advice so that i can also found my own way in to this.I just wanted to know on which software you started mixing first time i want practice on that first..???

Post Reply