Issues with Google

!!!
Sasha

Issues with Google

Post Posted

So, I recently discovered this wonderful, yet obscure, genre of witch house. I have noticed that a lot of bands/artists use names that are quite literally impossible to google. How do I find more bands/artists and gather info about them?
In addition to this, how do I describe this genre to my friends, and how do I tell them of the aforementioned "impossible to google" artists without sounding like a retard? "Dagger, double dagger, dagger" as a band name may look nice, but trying to talk about it? Impossible.
Thanks in advance for the help.
iamthesunset

Re: Issues with Google

Post Posted

I've found that hitting the "witch house" tag on artist's bandcamp pages has provided me with plenty of bands to sink my teeth into so far. People link to releases on here quite a lot (i'm a n00b myself, tbh) and that's how i've found, and bought, some of the best shit i've heard in a long time.

Alot of them even post on here, so check out signatures for people's bandcamps/soundclouds.

Happy hunting. :)
Nova Sol

Post Posted

also, there are usually pronouncable and searchable versions ov band's names; †‡† = ritualz, I†† = eyedoublecross, \\\^◊^/// = black lodge cave, etc.
Sasha

Post Posted

Thank you for your help.
Pe† Ceme†ery

Post Posted

I read a quote somewhere that basically said you know you're a scenester when you know all the google-searchable names for WH artists... It's pretty true.

Also: Ʌ = Arc and ▼□■□■□■ = Mourning Star.
Crayon_Eyes

Post Posted

I just used to google every possibility that the name could be. Symbols, alternative spellings, the actual names, adding the phrase 'witch house music' to said name etc. It took up alot of time, but then these days I don't find it as hard to find any of it as I used to, so it's not so much a bother anymore.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

^agree, google stepped their game up with searches
√ƸΩﬣ

Post Posted

zin wrote:^agree, google stepped their game up with searches
that or the house is getting bigger, salem ticked 3mil posts on .fm, balam acab and arrabmusik,

out from the undergrnd//