music studio art furniture and surroundings

Present your latest designs.
//maogra\\

Re: music studio art furniture and surroundings

Post Posted

i actually do somehting very similar. i have a main altar, and about three little shrines around my studio, and i usually light the room with these really pretty four antique lamps, or i just use a bunch of candles. i also keep the lighting to a minimal, sensory deprivation usually inspires me in weird ways. Also, i cover up my windows with huge heavy curtains
Arcanum

Post Posted

My studio is my room, so I have random stuff about: bed, my shotgun, knives, candles, baker's rack with my fiance's herb garden, my altar, hundreds of books, lots of plants. I live in a quiet second floor apartment with a clear view of the ocean and lots of trees. There are always birds and squirrels outside and the occasional car passes by. As for art, I have random photographs on the walls, a couple different types of calendars and various oil paintings I picked up for a few bucks at thrift stores. For lighting I light the candles, have a small Himalayan salt lamp (really awesome) and utilize natural light from a large window. I usually have an old horror film or psychological thriller/drama playing low in the background if it's a rainy day, or a calming nature doc on mute with the windows open for a fresh, cleansing breeze if the sun's out. I also have pets: rabbits and a guinea pig that I try to keep in view; nature is one of my main inspirations so I try to stay grounded to the earth in some way or another. I often go for walks in a local forest and bring home a bit of wood or earth and keep it around while I'm creating music or writing. Another thing to note is I am almost ALWAYS burning incense, it helps to put me in a certain mood depending on the fragrance, and I use it in rituals, so it helps to elevate me to a peaceful state.

Hah, sorry, I went a little beyond just decor but... Yeah... Now you've got a little glimpse into my world.
//maogra\\

Post Posted

Arcanum wrote:My studio is my room, so I have random stuff about: bed, my shotgun, knives, candles, baker's rack with my fiance's herb garden, my altar, hundreds of books, lots of plants. I live in a quiet second floor apartment with a clear view of the ocean and lots of trees. There are always birds and squirrels outside and the occasional car passes by. As for art, I have random photographs on the walls, a couple different types of calendars and various oil paintings I picked up for a few bucks at thrift stores. For lighting I light the candles, have a small Himalayan salt lamp (really awesome) and utilize natural light from a large window. I usually have an old horror film or psychological thriller/drama playing low in the background if it's a rainy day, or a calming nature doc on mute with the windows open for a fresh, cleansing breeze if the sun's out. I also have pets: rabbits and a guinea pig that I try to keep in view; nature is one of my main inspirations so I try to stay grounded to the earth in some way or another. I often go for walks in a local forest and bring home a bit of wood or earth and keep it around while I'm creating music or writing. Another thing to note is I am almost ALWAYS burning incense, it helps to put me in a certain mood depending on the fragrance, and I use it in rituals, so it helps to elevate me to a peaceful state.

Hah, sorry, I went a little beyond just decor but... Yeah... Now you've got a little glimpse into my world.
wow, that sounds awesome!! i should think about combining my room with my studio, that would be pretty sweet.
beau_cauchemar

Post Posted

DWNS†▲†Ξ

Post Posted

as long as my weed drawer is full of green and papers and i got tea bags i dont need anything else to be honest.

seriously though, i live in just one big room, so all my music gear is everything in here, except my bed. im pretty influenced, or put in a creative mood by where i live in shanghai. On one of the biggest metropolis streets here with 80 story neon buildings everywhere, yet there are many alleys leading to old french style 4 story brick houses. I live on 2nd floor, its buried in amongst the skyscrapers but it feels like a village cos i walk 5 minutes into this little complex to get to my house. very old houses, not well looked after. most of the local shanghainese residents here ar not well off so places are a bit fucked, but still beautiful and cosy. my house is all wooden inside, musty, the ground floor smells like a damp basement, the spiral staircase is warped and wonky, and my room has very old furmiture that is kind of junk but i like the vibe it gives the place. i have a balcony, below me are gas streetlamps and old rows of house with plants on every window sill. looking at me is shanghai tv tower, 2 huge shiny buildings behind linked by a bridge at 50 stories. Its an odd place to sit on the balcony, listen to what im making and then go back inside and continue working on music. yeah, i like china. i keep some pictures of my old deceased cat, my family around, my favourite records are hung on the walls, some posters from my shows to keep me motivated haha and generally some sort of musical thing against every wall. a glockenspiel. kids musical bells. a 4 track. some casio. speak and spells. half built pedals. and then the ain area with computer, mpc, blah blah. and my weed. always gotta have that handy beside the kettle yo !
"Nothing shocks me, I am a scientist"