anyone into metal?

morbz

anyone into metal?

Post Posted

ok so how many of you guys are into death/thrash/black/grind? just wondering if i have any metal tru kvlt brethren. I've been listening to the new Nile album, and its pretty fucking awesome i must say
ϟAltbergϟ

Re: anyone into metal?

Post Posted

I am :)
DIRGEFUNK

Post Posted

I am.
mostly: Cynic, Death, The Monolith Deathcult, Atheist, Earth, The Sword, Electric Wizard, Bongzilla, Keep Of Kalessin, Gojira, The Ocean, Destiny's End, Gorgoroth, Arsis (first album), etc.........
If you're Into It, I'm Out Of It
Neurotic

Post Posted

I'm not a big metalhead but I do totally idolise Justin Broadrick and got infatuated with Xasthur (his music) a while back. If anyone can point me toward stuff that sounds like the early Jesu releases (slow, crushing but beautiful, no ego nonsense), please do so as I've fallen in love with the self-titled Jesu record and Heartache so much that in the absence of stuff with that indescribable feeling I've started making it myself. Probably post it up at some point.

Something about Brummies making the best metal - Broadrick, his ND compadre Mick Harris inventing the blastbeat, the mighty Sabbath.

Ooh, I like Prowler In The Yard by Pig Destroyer a lot as well - parts of it just sound inhuman, and not just the robot voice bits.
http://soundcloud.com/dan-wreck
neuroticwreck.bandcamp.com
Mood music for moodswings.
fractalign

Post Posted

Funny you should mention that !
I wouldn't call my self a metalhead but i do have a soft spot for gothic/doom stuff, especially the beauty and the beast stuff such as Theatre of Tragedy, Draconian, Lycanthia, Avrigus, Myriads and early Tristania, also a bit of black metal, Ammortal and Dimmu Borgir. Also folk and viking metal, Fintrollz, Tyr, Battlore, Arkona, Turysis and Korpaklanni.
Also like a bit of Metalcore such as Straightline Stitch, Iwrestledabearonce and The Agonist. Also, Fear Factory, Napalm Death, Godflesh, Mastadon, Moonspell, Alice in Chains, Opeth, The Melvins and Boris, and last but not least the godfathers of metal, Black Sabbath.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

I wanted to listen to that new Nile album, but I collect vinyl, and the vinyl edition is still a bit too expensive for me at the moment.
skvllparty

Post Posted

HUUUUGGGEEE fan of metal and hardcore. more so the later. i love entombed, repulsion, dismember, old deicide, obituary, all that stuff. some good new bands are skin father, xibalba (sounds like disembodied and cause of death era obituary with alittle bit of 90's hardcore ala buried alive thrown in) harm's way(only their newest record isolation and the seven inch before that "no gods no managers" the shit before that is good but it's not as hard more power violence sounding...)withdrawl, minderaser, my good friends and local hero's revenge(http://www.facebook.com/revengehc?v=wall).
URINATION

Post Posted

yea dude
VVOODS

Post Posted

I'm into Sludge alot. EyeHateGod, Black Sheep Wall and EUGLENA to name a few.

also Fall of Efrafa, Momentum and Light Bearer hold a special place for me.
DoomNoize42

Post Posted

Fuck yeah dude nile rules. Im into Impaled Nazarene, MELVINS!!,Goatwhore, Decapitated, Jesu, Burzum, Sleep, Om, Skeleton Witch, Burning Witch, Sunn O))) pretty much all metal really.
Cursewords

Post Posted

I love metal. I fucking love all black metal. Thrash is rad. Love death and doom. Grind is cool but I'm not all crazy on it. I really like this doom hardcore sound I have been hearing lately with bands like Celeste and All Pigs Must Die.
tetra

Post Posted

BLACK METALLLLLLLL
mayhem burzum darkthrone cradle emporor
Neurotic

Post Posted

Been listening to Godflesh quite often again. Basically Justin Broadrick has done anything any of us would want to do before we did it.
http://soundcloud.com/dan-wreck
neuroticwreck.bandcamp.com
Mood music for moodswings.
narjisse

Post Posted

yeeesss ; gojira, shining, nile, necrophagist, burzum, mayhem, the bridal procession, peste noire, and so on i could go like this for 100 lines so i might as well just stop now
phoenix in flight, phoenix in flames