If Witch House, which Witch House...?

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Comadozer

If Witch House, which Witch House...?

Post Posted

The poison pigeon hole hasn't quite snapped shut, but it would seem that the mood of the Witch House strain has found both an audience and in turn an opening. Even in an early sense its a hard one to call. The rapidity of opinion bursts quickly- but what about the artists who define it? Are we defining them too quickly? Are they defining themselves too quickly also? Lots of shit-fuck two-bit cunts with a keyboard or a turntable or an old horror movie just fucking it up more...Before it even begins?

Witch House has stuck as name personally- I like the idea of rot and change particularly in terms of perverting the already perverted mainstream which is haunted itself. There is a sense of nostalgia, also another name for haunting. I cut my teeth on metal years ago and Witch House reminds me as an older man of that evil feeling. Its strength when executed best is not falling into any cliche scary trap, but sucking the poison out of what the radio shits on us and using anything else that is hard to harness it.

seaww - oOoOO
sOmethiNgiNtheway (cobain) feat DirtyPrid3 - GR†LLGR†LL, (2200 LuLLaby blowout track also)
>>>>▲<<<< - †‡† (who the fuck are these cunts/cunt if anyone can help?)
Creatures Of The Night - Mater Suspiria Vision (Love what he has done with Moonlight Shadow and Picnic At Hanging Rock also)
Suffocation - White Ring
spit shine - Horse MacGuyver
YR LOVE - Holy Other
love the way u drag - High Park (funniest fuck-you for a while)
And Balam Acab, if not ahead of the pack, is not even part of it.

These are the tracks for me so far that seem to be formulating Witch House. Was tempted to put Pictureplane's Goth Star in there also.

I hope this lasts...
symbols n shit

Re: If Witch House, which Witch House...?

Post Posted

So far most of the talentless fucks have been thoroughly ignored, so I think for now witch-house is safe from sucking for at least a few years.
iAMKEKO

Post Posted

†‡† is called rrritualzzz
you should listen to INITIATION by them, its pretty decent.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

If I had to choose 3 genre-defining artists, I'd go for:

SALEM, Mater Suspiria Vision and †‡†
I††

Post Posted

I would replace †‡† with oOoOO, but only because the new record is so kickass and acclaimed... fuck acclaimed, though. The real reason is I could not get nosummer4u out of my head for months.
But then there is Modern Witch, SLEEP ∞ OVER, White Ring...
There is some amazing shit out there right now.
iAMKEKO

Post Posted

I totally agree.
divisibilities

Post Posted

genre definers for pure witch house would be salem, mater suspiria vision and white ring or oOoOO simply because they show the three different facets of the movement to me. salem is pure grime and chop-n-screw, mater suspiria vision is more draggy, slower, and oOoOO show the more pop-inspired side of witch house. white rign i think best defines this ghostly feelign that we all use to define witch house.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

Mater Suspiria Vision is a huge band in the Witch house genre for me because it's my bridge between droning acts (like Sunn O))) and Yoga) and Witch House.

I liked Modern Witch's CDr on Disaro, 'specially the tracks "Not the only one" and "In Your Eyes".
Drumatix Six

Post Posted

It is my experience that "defining" a music, is basically the end of it! Once a style has a definition there is no room left to experiment. Just let witch house breath and grow on its own, thats my opinion.

Once people start saying, "that's not witch house because they used this sound or that sound", it will just all start to sound the same. And the whole reason this genre is interesting is because people are trying new things.
Ratpick

Post Posted

Comadozer wrote:Witch House has stuck as name personally- I like the idea of rot and change particularly in terms of perverting the already perverted mainstream which is haunted itself.
Wychhaus is kvlt and grym.

That said, I understood absolutely fuck all about what you wrote.
Comadozer

Post Posted

iAMKEKO wrote:†‡† is called rrritualzzz
you should listen to INITIATION by them, its pretty decent.
Will do, cheerz