///▲▲▲\\\ / Horse Macgyver

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
symbols n shit

///▲▲▲\\\ / Horse Macgyver

Post Posted

Just wanted to say this band/project/whatever is sweet as fuck, and Beta Tape Warp is one of the best fucking songs ever. Seriously, that shit fucking rules. The other songs on that EP are pretty sweet too. I guess he's calling himself ///HORSE MACGUYVER\\\ now. Well, I don't understand what he's going through with this "name made (mostly) of actual letters" thing, but I just want to let him know that me and his mother support him no matter what.

I really don't know what the fuck I'm going on about, but nothings happening on this forum, and I wanted to change that, and I love this band.

I dunno.

http://www.myspace.com/_v_o_i_d_
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: ///▲▲▲\\\

Post Posted

Due to the name it's hard as fck to find some downloads on the net, could you upload some stuff from him (?)

I remember "///▲▲▲\\\" used to be called 'Void'...
symbols n shit

Post Posted

Comadozer

Post Posted

Horse MacGuyver out of Canberra.

Review I did for Inpress Melbourne.

Horse MacGyver Void (Dream Damage)

Having changed his title from the witch house apparent ///▲▲▲\\\ to the less triangle encumbered Horse MacGuyver, Void is released on the Dream Damage label out of Canberra. Although a town known for sheltering many a governmental grotesque, it seems a fiend of another kind has been unearthed, and one that is actually worth paying attention to.
Void is a rot and chop down sludge where the bpm of dance music strokes out and becomes death dance. Using wounded samples and dehumanised vocals, (which are generally drowned in the mix), tracks slowly surface from the thick slimy mud of a haunted wasteland to float dead man style with barely a trace of meat left on the bones. Second track Rub begins like Prince in a mid-eighties conniption before zoning out in not-so-merry-go-round fashion. Nod tumbles through an anxious drainpipe of synth. Things get a little funky on Spit Shine whilst still suggesting birds falling dead from faulty power lines.
Viscous paced and certainly on the sombre edge of house music, Horse MacGuyver has got the druggier infections of a lone dancer in a teacup. If you have ever found yourself coming home at dawn nodding your head uncontrollably to the beat of blinkers in a turning taxi- the mangled mix your mind makes of such a moment are where Void resides. But where Horse MacGuyver differs from other, often difficult, experimentalists out there is that it is not all friction for a rise, the sinister elements are tempered cautiously.
For those who prefer their mood chilling rather than chilled, Horse MacGuyver comes as cold as the capital he calls home. To purchase Void, please go to www.dreamdamage.com and click ‘releases’. Horse MacGuyver is playing the new Ghosthouse Thursday at Mercat Basement on August 26th.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Comadozer wrote:To purchase Void, please go to http://www.dreamdamage.com and click ‘releases’.
I can't see anything there ?
Comadozer

Post Posted

? I can. Search 'Dream Damage', u shld get a link.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

well, I can see the releases page, but I can't see Void release there...
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

You can see the post in "categories" but the buy buttong brings you to the Big Cartel page and there's not Void releases in that page. It must be sold out.
Comadozer

Post Posted

Doing an interview with him soon so will post it.
symbols n shit

Post Posted

Aww hell yeah, I love ///▲▲▲\\\, Beta Tape Warp is one of the best Witch House songs ever. Totally psyched for reading that interview.
Minimme

Post Posted

Comadozer wrote:Doing an interview with him soon so will post it.

cheers, looking forward to reading it :)
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Clint Catalyst

Post Posted

Hey Comadozer,

I'm working on a lengthy blog post that feels like language is my stone—& I, Sisyphus.

At any rate, I love your phrase

"For those who prefer their mood chilling rather than chilled"

& want to provide attribution. Of course I could say "Comadozer on the Witch House forums," but thought you might prefer the name credited via article by-line.

I'll check back here in a bit, or—as this is somewhat time-sensitive—you could email by way of http://www.clintcatalyst.com (upper right hand corner, click "Contact...")

Whatever the case, hope this message finds you well. Ah, & excellent article, incidentally!
zin
ɅDM†N

/// ▲▲▲ \\\ aka Horse MacGyver

Post Posted

Does anyone has any mean to directly contact him ? Myspace is dead. For email please send me a priv msg.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Last year's HM trip mix for Australia's Crazy in Love mag:
http://soundcloud.com/horsemacgyver/mix ... c_old-g0ld