Wiicca - Sunshine (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
WIICCA

Wiicca - Sunshine (2021)

Post by WIICCA »

1. Hag
2. Doll
3. Maid
4. Rosebush
5. Angel behind you
6. *Intermezzo
7. Absolute
8. Magnolia
9. Burlesque
10. Passacaglia
11. Marche Finale

New album is out now:
https://wiicca.bandcamp.com/album/sunshine

zin
ɅDM†N

Re: Wiicca - Sunshine (2021)

Post by zin »

@WIICCA hope you don't mind I've spilt your main topic and created this new album thread? I think it'll worth it.

RE: Sunshine ---> OMG, digging in, amazing surprise, will write some more after a couple of listens
churchterror

Post by churchterror »

true gem💒
soundcloud.com/frgvm
WIICCA

Post by WIICCA »

Thanks Image
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

Jfc this is such a challenging album, sometimes even overwhelming. It may be due to its war-time theme / concept, something I usually find hard to get into, whether in cinema or music.
On Sunshine (what a title btw!) we are bombarded with rolls of military and marching drums, pianos that sound like they were recorded in ruined and forgotten operas, and tape recordings of classical choirs, all filtered through Wiicca's trademark noise and lo-fi beats. Sometimes I feel like I'm hidden behind some altar in hell listening to The Reich's Berlin Philharmonic orchestra ("Absolute" and "Burlesque" can serve as perfect examples of this). Macabre music for post-internet days. That being said, one of my fav cuts from the LP is old-school leaning "Magnolia", wonderful classic witchhouse track, which feels like it crawled out from Disaro myspace through web-archive. It sounds so familiar, but at the same time only Wiicca could make it.
"Sunshine" is only 28 minutes long, but in that short span of time I felt like I'm listening to a 1917 and Cutting Gems crossover, tense hell of a trip.
WIICCA

Post by WIICCA »

bump to say.. the next project will be a 4 track EP
churchterror

Post by churchterror »

WIICCA wrote: October 18th, 2021, 12:39 am bump to say.. the next project will be a 4 track EP

I am waiting :loveit:
soundcloud.com/frgvm