WITCH HOUSE RAVES IN NORTH AMERICA??

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
marymassacre

Alert WITCH HOUSE RAVES IN NORTH AMERICA??

Post by marymassacre »

Hi,

You're looking at the answer right here. My name is Jaiden, I go by Mary Massacre and just started hosting witch house raves. I had one in Dallas and in NYC. Going to be having more in Toronto (where im originally from). I DJ mainly goth and witch house and turns out I'm one of the only people hosting witch house specific events in North America.

If you're interested in going to one, keep up with me on my Soundcloud or follow my Instagram @jaiden.dalbello. There will be more in the summer for sure.

Here was my live mix in Dallas. It starts off goth and then about 12 minutes in its all witch house/ witch house subgenres.

Looking forward to have more!! This genre will never die!
randomexit

Re: WITCH HOUSE RAVES IN NORTH AMERICA??

Post by randomexit »

No offense but judging by your mix its not really witch house. Kind of the same problem with the multiple witch house events that take place in Los Angeles. It basically ends up being a goth night. And from what i have seen they make the nights pretty inhospitable to people not there for goth or darkwave or whatever. I understand why so many people from that world dip there toe in the genre and i am not trying to put anyone down but its sad when you try to go to witch house events hoping to hear things like whitering salem crim3s glass teeth so on so on....or newer artists like stay healthy elusin or edeath and it just ends up being the same boy harsher lebanon hanover stuff thats at every dark themed dance night for over the past decade.
marymassacre

Post by marymassacre »

dude. i literally play insane witch house after 12 minutes in. clearly you didn't listen to the whole thing or even read my original posts that explains this. sad you had to comment something like this and be pretentious instead of retaining what was explained.
randomexit

Post by randomexit »

I just meant original version of what witch house means. not the post Russian influence dance music that most people think of as witch house. no offense meant. there is just 2 very different generes under the same name imo. not trying to be pretentious just wish there were places that played music from the og version of witch house but to be fair i dont think many people would go to a dance night with someone spinning GR†LLGR†LL so I get it.
marymassacre

Post by marymassacre »

i mean i would. i play some Crim3s and Salem myself and people dig it.