Ritualz - Ghetto Ass Witch (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: Ritualz - Ghetto Ass Witch (2011)

Post Posted

nothing's confirmed yet, but he'll def be in Ldn
viv

Post Posted

sweet, just bought the LP and the remix LP.... Bodie is such a great track
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞
kukhuvud

Post Posted

Zin, you gotta convince him to make a special witch-house.com edition :)
C_B

Post Posted

This album was a bit weaker than CDR. The latter's cataclysmic drag vibe, its soul-crunching intensity, is pretty much what made Ritualz great. The former, while it contained some signature of Ritualz' style, didn't contain enough - the tracks (with some exceptions) on this album were a lot weaker, and didn't do much to pull the listener in. Overall, I was fairly disappointed with the release. This represents for Ritualz a move sideways, not upwards.
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Post Posted

Agreed. Very uniform tracks. The saw synth + hip hop beat sound for me is becoming such a generic part of "witch house". So many artists are doing it (i.e. Blissed Out) and I'm afraid this genre will hit a brick wall. That said, people like Fostercare, I††, ^, ∆AIMON, oOoOO, Modern Witch, etc. keep pushing it with a unique sound that defies the category. Maybe though I'm saying this because Ritualz in some ways was one of the originators of this type of music? So maybe normal he continues in that vein. And personally I come from an industrial/experimental/techno/goth background so my view is probably distorted.
boyl

Post Posted

Ritualz is playing Brussels (Belgium) on June 23rd as support to HOW TO DRESS WELL & on June 24th as support to PANTHA DU PRINCE. info: www.boyl.tumblr.com
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

RITUALZ just released the GAW on tape, get one before they're gone! incl bonus trax
https://ritualz.bandcamp.com/album/ghet ... te-edition
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

"Ghetto Ass Witch" on vinyl:
https://remissionentertainment.bandcamp ... -ass-witch

Just got email from the label that there's a big delay with the pressing:
First of all, we would like to thank you for the support of the Ritualz - Ghetto Ass Witch 10th Anniversary reissue. It has been a huge honor for us to do this reissue of such a classic Witch House album. Unfortunately the release has been delayed due to extended manufacturing time at the pressing plant. We had the release scheduled to ship out this Friday, September 24th but the pressing plant is now currently estimating mid to late November at the earliest. However, this date is not guaranteed. The vinyl industry has been suffering since the Apollo Masters fire of 2020 and many companies have been unable to acquire supplies in a timely manner since the beginning of the pandemic. We are hoping these things turn around soon but that's the current state of the industry.

We appreciate your patience. We will email you again once we have another update.

Feel free to contact remissionentertainment@gmail.com with any concerns or questions. Please let us know if you need to update your shipping address or phone number on the order.

The Ritualz - †‡† vinyl is currently available for immediate shipping and we have a few copies left in stock. We have more news coming from Ritualz soon. Please follow our Bandcamp page for more updates. https://remissionentertainment.bandcamp.com/

Sorry for the copied and pasted mass email.

Thanks again,
Re:Mission Entertainment
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

I found this 2011 "review" of GAW from MTV's blog:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110302123 ... o-a-witch/
Mexico’s Ritualz Unleashes Ghetto A$$ Witch
BY: Beverly

Of all the deliciously guilty manifestations of goth’s second coming, the much maligned genre some call witch house might be the most delectable.

Its origins are as shadowy and esoteric as its aesthetics, but legend has it that it has something to do with a syrupy, chopped-and-screwed style of hip hop, Houston, Texas, and the mid-90s.

Many figures in the scene remain just as mysterious. An up-and-comer who releases music and performs under the moniker Ritualz (or sometimes Ritualzzz or simply †‡†) doesn’t usually like to reveal his location, but we can tell you he hails from Mexico City and that his second batch of deep, dark dance music just dropped today. We are also happy to report that his stuff is harder, grimmer, and more okkvlt than ever.

The release, which follows 2010′s CDR, is called Ghetto A$$ Witch and consists of eight tracks of bone-scraping beats and distorted vocals conjured from the ninth circle — and some lovely, ethereal synth for good measure. It’s tighter and more fully realized than his first release. At this rate he’s getting ready to give Salem a run for their money.

Okay, but is that Lindsay Lohan with the electric green aura on the album art? Could she have been Ritualz’s dark muse? Hey, why not?

Stream or download Ghetto A$$ Witch at his Bandcamp page and party ’til the walls cry blood.