black metal

Re: black metal

Post Posted

Yes, definitely tons of black metal. Blasphemy, Conqueror, Horn, Kataxu, everything under the astral black void.
yeah_dad

Post Posted

I love that goat/war metal stuff ala blasphemy and conqueror, and Kataxu is one of my favorite black metal projects that actually doesnt sound lame with keyboards.
cutups

Post Posted

caught krallice and withered on tour last week. highly recommended if they come through your town.
yeah_dad

Post Posted

Anybody a fan of NSBM? Sometimes people think weird shit about you for liking it but thats part of the fun. I have alot of NSBM shirts too (nothing with anything blatant like swasticas or anything) but sometimes runes and totenkopfs and stuff get you weird looks. I also used to be bald so it made me much more suspect. But i really think those kind of bands have great musical style and artwork/aesthetics, whos dumb enough to be an actual racist anyways. Favorites : Absurd, Arghoslent, Grand Belial's Key, Goatmoon, Hate Forest, Nordreich, Swastyca, some noiser stuff like Blackmoon Warrior 88 and Totenkopf Commando.. so much gems that don't get the listen they deserve because of their agenda.
yeah_dad

Post Posted

Also been interested in Unblack metal. Black metal made to present christian/religious themes. So many people feel too kvlt to listen to it but whos dumb enough to be an actual satanist? broaden your horizions when it comes to bm, so many styles and opinions, all dumb but all worth hearing about. fuck im high
viv

Post Posted

Listened to loads of inquisition since it was posted up thread - well cool.

I've listened to a bit of Black Metal, Burzum etc..... and the battle metal stuff like Lair of the minotaur, rye wolves etc...... but to be honest I think I like more punky stuff like converge, trap them, dillinger escape plan....... also really like the drone stuff..... southern lord records any thing from them.... Om are quite good, good for stoner music.

Oh - and who doesn't like tool.
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

yeah_dad wrote:[...] whos dumb enough to be an actual racist anyways. [...]
I don't doubt one second that a lot of NSBM fans and bands are truly racist and dumb to an alarming state. Had a chat with some unknown couple back in the day. a really weird situation where I was invited in a msn metal chatroom by someone I don't even like. anyway, talked 10 minutes with this couple of low life racists with no jobs and no future, really easy to judge their characters, walking stereotypes. As soon as I typed 'Yo' to that person I barely know they were all after me being condescending because I was obviously a loser rapper (which I'm not. I'm really not big on hip hop/etc.). If you've ever tried to discuss with a NSBM purist you'll know you won't change their ideas and that they'll answer your criticism with non-logical and hateful replies.

But I've heard a few things that I couldn't help but enjoy musically. If one gets detached enough from the messages of hate propaganda inserted in the lyrics there's a few things to be enjoyed. Isn't Akitsa NSBM ? Opening track to "Soleil Noir" is quite amazing. Got a picture disk of that from my bro.
yeah_dad

Post Posted

nsbm is for skinny suburban kids like me who liked to play wolfenstein when they where younger. maybe its different for people in europe but i think generally speaking in america its the same as liking death in june or any right wing themed industrial act. most people take it with a grain of salt.
GOSTS

Post Posted

http://immaculatecollective.tumblr.com/
想你░░░░░░░想你░░░░想你░░░░░░░想你░想你 想你想见你
想你░░░░░想你░░想你░░想你░░░░░想你░░想你
想你░░░░想你░░░░想你░░想你░░░想你░░░想你 想你想见你
想你░░░░想你░░░░想你░░░想你 想你░░░░想你
想你░░░░░想你░░想你░░░░░想你想░░░░░想你
想你想见你░想你想你░░░░░░░░想你░░░░░░想你 想你想见你
yeah_dad

Post Posted

good post man, lifelover is a huge favorite, i get into little phases of listening to only lifelover for a couple weeks and then not listening to it at all for months. I have a black witchery poster in my room too. my old roomate probabbly thought i was the worst.
דיבוק

Post Posted

there is a pretty impressive little crop of nihilistic, droney black metal in cali right now like fell voices, ash borer and vessel i.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

TakeshiAndTheKid

Post Posted

I want to get into Black Metal, but it's tough and it can be a landmine with a lot of acts turning out to be white supremacists and what not. A lot of shaky production values too, though that's not always a bad thing, some I've listened to have been hard to enjoy because of it.

So far I like Summoning and Immortal. What else is there? I like what I've heard about modern Black Metal being a bit more electronic. I wouldn't mind making some choons along that vibe.
viv

Post Posted

Takeshi and the kid - I've been listening to 'Wolves in the throne Room' a lot recently - seems they will chuck and old sound into their mix to make it darker or more powerful, clean female vocals, electronic aspects - all there to enhance the black metal texture rather than mess it up - you may like them.
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞
Nova Sol

Post Posted

i'm never entirely sure if something qualifies as 'black' metal vs. other kinds, but i have much love for sigh, morbid angel, and naglfar.