Korg Monotron

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
BeachGoth

Korg Monotron

Post Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_HknFpOnLE

What do you think about this toy? I'm really curious about that, i think it could be a great add-on to any bedroom studio. Anyone have one of this synths?
FURTHER

Re: Korg Monotron

Post Posted

Yeah, I've had a Monotron for around six months.

I use it a fair bit among other stuff, can get some good pulsing motorik sounds from it, and great for spacey swooshes and stuff.Find it pretty hopeless as a keyboard, but I don't think thats the point.
All my music equipment is small, as I started on Gameboys and have grown from there, so this sits nicely in my set up.

Check out the mono tribe out soon,looks hot
Anton Maiof

Post Posted

I love my monotron, the secret weapon is the aux input, for extra analog dirt on softsynths its swellsville.
Babaluma23

Post Posted

I bought one for my daughter for her third birthday last year. It's a real analogue synth and sounds it, does the wibbly noises like a champ. Great for the price, but doesn't really replace my modular synth! :mrgreen:

Anton Maiof

Post Posted

Babaluma23 wrote:I bought one for my daughter for her third birthday last year. It's a real analogue synth and sounds it, does the wibbly noises like a champ. Great for the price, but doesn't really replace my modular synth! :mrgreen:

sweet fucking sex!

I worked for a company building modular systems, but I never had one myself, totally jealous of those set ups
BeachGoth

Post Posted

I wish i had enough money for that stuff :lol:
Babaluma23

Post Posted

Well, it's not like I bought it over night... Took me around eight years to get it to where it is now, I started with just one module. That's the beauty with modulars really, smallish initial outlay (a rack, power supply and maybe one or two modules), and then you can just keep adding to it as funds allow.
∞))Cr●\▲/Le3Y((∞

Post Posted

FURTHER wrote:Yeah, I've had a Monotron for around six months.

I use it a fair bit among other stuff, can get some good pulsing motorik sounds from it, and great for spacey swooshes and stuff.Find it pretty hopeless as a keyboard, but I don't think thats the point.
All my music equipment is small, as I started on Gameboys and have grown from there, so this sits nicely in my set up.

Check out the mono tribe out soon,looks hot
word? same here about the gameboys. what did u use? lsdj, nanoloop?
FURTHER

Post Posted

∞))Cr●\▲/Le3Y((∞ wrote:what did u use? lsdj, nanoloop?
LSDJ on the DMG. Anything I could get my hands on for the DS, Korg DS10 and Cells were particular favourites. Haven't really used them that much recently though, keep meaning to do some better mixes of the tracks I've done through my Kaoss pad and record them.

What do you use? I was pleased the other day to find Nanoloop is now available on Android.

Too many things to learn to use, nowhere near enough time...
∞))Cr●\▲/Le3Y((∞

Post Posted

Personally i use lsdj, i hear nanoloop is a lot more... intuitive, but i like to program in shit as opposed to playing it live and recording. The DS10 sounds fucking phat, never got around to trying it though, have ableton for that. How is the nanoloop android app? that must be fun as hell, i'm curious if it works with the touch screen.
but yeah, it feels like there is new music tech coming out every day. That + the amount of new music i find every day = endless supply of new toys to break, def wish there was more time in the day for all this shit lol.
TakeshiAndTheKid

Post Posted

∞))Cr●\▲/Le3Y((∞ wrote:Personally i use lsdj, i hear nanoloop is a lot more... intuitive, but i like to program in shit as opposed to playing it live and recording. The DS10 sounds fucking phat, never got around to trying it though, have ableton for that. How is the nanoloop android app? that must be fun as hell, i'm curious if it works with the touch screen.
but yeah, it feels like there is new music tech coming out every day. That + the amount of new music i find every day = endless supply of new toys to break, def wish there was more time in the day for all this shit lol.
Vaguely Dubsteppy DS10 track I wrote:

http://soundcloud.com/takeshiandthekid/ ... ecue-base/
∞))Cr●\▲/Le3Y((∞

Post Posted

nice! i liked the squelchy acid bassline towards the end
Zyprexa Effect

Post Posted

monotrons are beast. analogue will always come out on the top. just my opinion of course.
T U N D R A

Post Posted

Check out the Monotribe, too.

If you're interested in the Monotron but haven't heard it in the context of a song, this track I recorded for Os Ovni has the Monotron all over it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoJIuRvMhwI