†‡† - Untitled CDr (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

†‡† - Untitled CDr (2010)

Post Posted

1 MYSERY WALK
2 gOth bb
3 PSYCHIC TEENS
4 KVLTSTEP
5 SAN MARINO (feat. UNISON)
6 RUSSIA UKRAINE
7 gOth bb RITUAL VERSION

To read my 2021 review scroll down or click here

anyone got their copy yet ? mine's in the mail, can't wait to get it
symbols n shit

Re: †‡† - Untitled CDr (2010) Disaro

Post Posted

Totally looking forward to this uguise
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Minimme

Post Posted

zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Love this CDr, "Psychic Teens" is my new fav right now, but all tracks are top quality stuff. This release proves that Ritualz mastered his own sound, and that's the most important thing in the sea of all those pseudo WH "artists" who sound like a copy of the copy of Salem or MSV.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

Yeah Psychic Teens is mindblowing ! Love this release.
symbols n shit

Post Posted

Misery Walk is my favorite new song, it just fucking rules so hard.

Psychic Teens is good too, but it takes a little time to really get going (about the 1:03 minute mark) whereas Misery Walk just fucking skullcrushes you right at the start. Also, I love the movie Jesus Camp, and anything that samples it is all kinds of awesome.
coolisness

Post Posted

Does anyone know if this ever pops up on Discogs or ebay? I'd pay a lot of money for one of these.
cmos00

Post Posted

yeah i rmemeber seeing this on his big cartel or whatever and am totally kicking myself for not getting it. up until recently, i guess, i was afraid of international post.

...oh wait the DISARO cdr, i read this all wrong, nevermind.
mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

cmos00 wrote:yeah i rmemeber seeing this on his big cartel or whatever and am totally kicking myself for not getting it. up until recently, i guess, i was afraid of international post.

...oh wait the DISARO cdr, i read this all wrong, nevermind.
I really, really, REALLY regret not buying this when I had the chance; this possibly my favorite release of the last few years. Though, even if I did buy it from Disaro I doubt I would have gotten it. And the one available on Ritualz' bigcartel was a $45 bundle with stuff I already had... But dammit, I still wish I would have snatched that.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
chemicalxkid

Post Posted

i have this(: i recommend just constantly checking discogs as you never know when someone will decide to sell their copy. patience & determination are key!
My name is Anthony Ponticello. Every living creature on this earth dies alone. ▲▽▲▲.
coolisness

Post Posted

mis†er_elec†ric wrote:And the one available on Ritualz' bigcartel was a $45 bundle with stuff I already had... But dammit, I still wish I would have snatched that.
I bought everything that was in that $45 bundle over the last month, but cant find this :/
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Untitled CDR on vinyl!

https://remissionentertainment.bandcamp.com/album/-
Ritualz’s debut EP, one of the defining releases in the Witch House genre, is getting reissued on vinyl for its 10th anniversary. Originally released as CDR on the legendary Disaro Records in 2010, a breakthrough year for Witch House and underground internet music, the EP was part of the wave of releases that opened the gates to a new era of dark music that challenged the very idea of what goth could be.

Equally inspired by Hip-Hop, Black Metal and Post-Industrial music, Ritualz’s debut EP triumphs in creating gloomy atmospheres with its slow, noisy beats, dark synths, and heavy use of samples. It’s night music for the end of the world.

The original eight tracks, including classics gOth bb and PSYCHIC TEENS, have all been remastered for vinyl and will be released as †‡† on 180g/45RPM vinyl via Remission Entertainment on June, 25th 2021.

Limited edition vinyl and bundles are available here:

https://remissionentertainment.bandcamp.com/album/-
I've ordered my copy months ago, there's a delay with the pressing plant so the vinyl got pushed to late July.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: †‡† - Untitled CDr (2010)

Post Posted

Because of this reissue, I decided to revisit the EP and jog down the memory lane.

September 2010 still oddly feels like it was yesterday. Witch house summer was in full bloom, dragged remixes and edits were flooding every corner of Soundcloud, cryptic new faces were popping up on lastfm and witch-house.com forum, Mater Suspiria Vision was breaking download speed records with their limited Zombie Rave mixtapes, and Disaro finally announced pre-orders for the debut EP from Ritualz.

Back then, almost exclusively referred to as †‡†, Ritualz had already made a name for himself a few months earlier, taking the scene by storm with his singles "gOth bb" and a remix of HEALTH's USA Boys, charmingly entitled ">>>>▲<<<<". So when the EP was finally announced, I immediately went to my local bank to exchange UK pounds for US dollars, and mailed an envelope stuffed with cash to an address in Houston, TX. Not many people may know this now, but this old school mailorder method was the only way one could buy anything from Robert Disaro's cult label. One month later, my most anticipated witch house debut CDR, hand-numbered 23/100, finally arrived.

Consisting of 7 tracks (the vinyl remaster also includes "Initiation", which was a digital-only bonus cut), this possessed mash-up of goth and industrial beats, trance infused synths and meticulously selected eerie vocal samples had everything I was (and was not) expecting. Ritualz' style was unique, fresh and one-of-a-kind at the time, almost instantly earning him dozens of copycats.

Opening the EP with "Misery Walk", a heavy, slow-rolling and otherworldly dirge, Ritualz doesn't mess around from the start, mixing unintelligible, chopped-up vocals with pulsating drums and distorted bass, all intertwined with bold samples from the documentary Jesus Camp. The track ends as suddenly as it starts, cutting to his breakthrough single "gOth bb" - a menacing, throbbing anthem that amps up the listening experience and takes it to another level. Sinister synths paired with pounding beats and claps lead the unaware listener to a musical satanic orgy, that fully reveals itself when a possessed vocal sample drops at 1:20 mark, unfolding the true darkness and boldness of this song. "Psychic Teens" kicks off with a melodic synth line that gradually builds up to a fully blown up composition with rhythmic drums that serve as a backdrop for recordings of teenagers’ confessions from the paranormal TV show Psychic Kids. The following track "Kvltstep" has been my personal favourite since the EP release date, and can be defined as doomsday music for the end of times. Its spellbinding melody gradually morphs into possibly the most uplifting composition on the release, before the intense, saw synth-heavy collaboration with Unison kicks in. French witch-gazers grace "San Marino" with ethereal vocals and add a dose of gloomy atmosphere to Ritualz’ noisy hip-hop beats. "Russia Ukraine" is a short, 30 second interlude that I assume was a work in progress at some point, but never evolved into a proper song. It still gives us a glimpse into Ritualz’ mindset and inspirations at the time, and serves as an almost cinematic break before the final remix arrives. The closing track "gOth bb (Ritual Version)" is a drum-based edit of the main single, with densely planted beats turning it into a ghoulish and claustrophobic sonic elegy. I wouldn’t be surprised if this version was inspired by the work of Mater Suspiria Vision, with whom Ritualz collaborated a lot in those early years. As mentioned before, the vinyl remaster also includes a bonus track "Initiation", which has been a fan-favourite ever since Ritualz first posted it on his Soundcloud. If anyone wants to rescore the blood rave scene from Blade, look no further, true witch house classic.

The untitled EP, or CDR as it is also called, rightfully sits at the top of countless lists of best witch house releases ever made. It is a landmark in the history of the scene, and is still as relevant today as it was over 10 years ago.

Do yourself a favour and get the vinyl before it sells out. :coffin: