Disaro Records vs Robert Disaro

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
disarorecords

Disaro Records vs Robert Disaro

Post Posted

Greetings,

My name is German R. (aka Verdilak) and I'm in charge of the label Disaro Records. I have had some communication with members of this forum during the past month in regards to the re-launch of the label and Robert's involvement with it, but I figured that it would be in the label's best interest to set a few things straight:

1. Robert Disaro and Disaro Records are two different entities. Robert started the label, but had no business sense or know-how to keep the label organized, so he basically surrendered the label to me. My main goal when taking over the label was to make sure that the artists that were still part of it would have proper releases.

2. Purchases made through the new site go directly to my business account, which is then put towards label expenses. Robert does not touch any of of your money or has anything to do with your orders.

3. The White Ring EP is completely out of print now. For those of you that have contacted me about it, you should already have your copy, or will have it soon. There is still a small batch that is ready to be shipped out this week. The very last batch.

4. All current artists on the label are dealing with me directly. We have a lot of great releases planned for the next couple of months, and hope that some of you will be willing to check them out. (Yes, I'm even talking to Shan about the Zombelle release, and hope we can reach an agreement.)

Finally, I hope that you guys will be willing to talk with me. You can email me directly to contact@disarorecords.com or through facebook ( facebook.com/verdilak.squalor ). I will be more than happy to answer any of your questions or concerns.

Thanks.
kukhuvud

Re: Disaro Records vs Robert Disaro

Post Posted

Nice to see you here at last! :)

The "In May of 2011" sentence on the about page gave me a good chuckle!
disarorecords

Post Posted

Thanks Kukhuvud! Glad to see some familiar faces around here.
Zyprexa Effect

Post Posted

This is a huge relief.
SKELETONKIDS

Post Posted

Hey German, I would like to give you a sincere apology on my part. I was unaware until about 11am this morning that you were now the owner of Disaro Records. When I wrote my write up it was directed in Robert's direction only and everything else was on part of the past facts of his error. I will be copying and pasting this in a new post and bring some reassurance towards purchasing from you now (seeing as the money wouldn't be going to a crook). Once again, my deepest apologies.
disarorecords

Post Posted

SKELETONKIDS wrote:Hey German, I would like to give you a sincere apology on my part. I was unaware until about 11am this morning that you were now the owner of Disaro Records. When I wrote my write up it was directed in Robert's direction only and everything else was on part of the past facts of his error. I will be copying and pasting this in a new post and bring some reassurance towards purchasing from you now (seeing as the money wouldn't be going to a crook). Once again, my deepest apologies.
No worries. I totally understand the confusion. When I took over the label I figured there would be hurdles, abut I feel the music on the label is totally worth the hassle.
powwowW

Post Posted

Thank you for clearing some things up. I respect your passion to push the label forward even with all of the bad things that have happened. I guess we'll just see what happens from here on out.
███powwowW music███
http://soundcloud.com/powwoww
nonotnyet

Post Posted

good to see you posting about this here and clearing things up, german...

i certainly don't envy the position that you're in, dealing with cleaning up robert's mess, but you are definitely a stand-up guy and a man of your word and i'm glad to see you personally address this issue on this forum.
disarorecords

Post Posted

nonotnyet wrote:good to see you posting about this here and clearing things up, german...

i certainly don't envy the position that you're in, dealing with cleaning up robert's mess, but you are definitely a stand-up guy and a man of your word and i'm glad to see you personally address this issue on this forum.
Thanks for the support. All I can promise is to keep doing what I'm doing. :)
Blaholtzen

Post Posted

disarorecords wrote:Thanks Kukhuvud! Glad to see some familiar faces around here.
Not really on topic but I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this...
Me being Swedish and "kukhuvud" meaning "cockhead" (not as in rooster)

on topic: This sure is reassuring
kukhuvud

Post Posted

Blaholtzen wrote:
disarorecords wrote:Thanks Kukhuvud! Glad to see some familiar faces around here.
Not really on topic but I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this...
Me being Swedish and "kukhuvud" meaning "cockhead" (not as in rooster)
I always have to laugh when I log into a website and it says something like "Hi, Kukhuvud!" or "We're redirecting you now, Kukhuvud" :D

German, if you're taking any requests: how about a re-release of the oOoOO ep, but this time from lossless sources? And maybe with an extra track? :)
disarorecords

Post Posted

kukhuvud wrote:I always have to laugh when I log into a website and it says something like "Hi, Kukhuvud!" or "We're redirecting you now, Kukhuvud" :D
All this years and I had no idea. Not that I really talk to you online much. :P
kukhuvud wrote:German, if you're taking any requests: how about a re-release of the oOoOO ep, but this time from lossless sources? And maybe with an extra track? :)
I've been thinking of doing some re-releases of the original stuff, but I want to make sure it's ok with the artists. I don't just want to release stuff without their permission. I'll keep you guys updated.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

Hope to be able to do business with you in the future German. As I've told you, when I receive my orders this whole mess will be buried in the past for me.
disarorecords

Post Posted

BackAlleyLurker wrote:Hope to be able to do business with you in the future German. As I've told you, when I receive my orders this whole mess will be buried in the past for me.
Your order is set to be shipped early next week. We were waiting on more digipacks to arrive, and they came in this week. :D
UnISoN

Post Posted

Hi German

I'm Julien of UNISON (good friends of Bryan & Kendra AKA White Ring).
We have been almost in the first wave of buyers (Paypal) and we never received the LP...

Can you finally send it to us ? Please.

I sent you an email at contact@disarorecords.com yesterday with our postal address into it.
Thank you.

Julien