collaboration idea

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
uglymiguel

collaboration idea

Post Posted

i have kind of cool idea for a collaboration, kind of. i was looking for people to trade some in-progress tracks with. no rules or specific direction, i was just thinking i could upload a garageband file or even just an mp3 and anyone can add or subtract from it and re-upload it and just kind of trade it back and forth. if a couple people did this it would be cool to see the different interpretations and ideas. my sound isn't quite witch house or drag but i think if i tried to emulate that sound it would just come out shitty... i'll put some links up either tonight or the next day or two. feedback would be cool :)
0hPeee

Re: collaboration idea

Post Posted

cool idea. if i what you ending up posting sparks anything in my brain, i'll play along.
teacake

Post Posted

Definitely a cool idea.
iamthesunset

Post Posted

So many seeds being planted around this board. There's going to be some fucking awesome music knocking around shortly.
teacake

Post Posted

I've got the basic bones of a track I've been milling about for a few days that I just can't figure out where to take. Currently i have the drums, bass, and two atmospheric pads. It really needs something to drive it, be that a lead in the traditional sense or something else.

If you're interested, I'll PM you the recording thus far and some stems.
uglymiguel

Post Posted

yeah that'd be cool.

sorry i haven't had a chance to upload anything for anyone to work with, i deleted the tracks i had in mind for this thread. i suck
teacake

Post Posted

Sent.