Mater Suspiria Vision - HOÜSE ÖV DRÜG: The Drüghoüse Tapes (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Mater Suspiria Vision - HOÜSE ÖV DRÜG: The Drüghoüse Tapes (2011)

Post Posted

First TRI-PHONIC RECORDING™ (you need a Stereo system + a cassette player for it) via Phantasma Disques coming in November 2011 ::: Mater Suspiria Vision - HOÜSE ÖV DRÜG - The Drüghoüse Tapes - LIMITED TO 50
fresh info from CDX facebook

hype is in the building

Phantasma Disques

Re: Mater Suspiria Vision - HOÜSE ÖV DRÜG: The Drüghoüse Tapes

Post Posted

This will be an interesting new project combining digital sources (CDR/MP3) /w analog sources (cassette) to a whole. So you build your own music installation by putting the parts together, can play them under instruction or with shifted time.

"TRI-PHONIC SOUND RECORDING™ an audio adaptive 3D concept installation invented by Cosmotropia de Xam. The user needs a stereo system for playing one source of the full track then adding the other sounds of the track (fx etc...) via a cassette player located at the end of a triangle. More soon."

PD-TRI-P-001 Mater Suspiria Vision - HOÜSE ÖV DRÜG - The Drüghoüse Tapes (BOXSET) LIMITED TO 50 coming in November 2011
Pe† Ceme†ery

Post Posted

This is veeeeeeeery interesting. I've been wondering about such experiments recently too - ways to make the listening experience more interactive. One like this never even crossed my mind. I can't wait to see it!
Whyt Noiz

Post Posted

This sounds fucking amazing!
WIK/\N

Post Posted

The Flaming Lips did this with 4 Cds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaireeka
▲▲▲ http://soundcloud.com/wik-n ▲▲▲

▲▲▲ http://wikan.bandcamp.com ▲▲▲

▲▲▲ http://www.facebook.com/THEWIKAN ▲▲▲
Phantasma Disques

Post Posted

seems to be a happening to handle 4 CD players ;)

so they did an adaption of quadrophonic sounds - I experienced listening inside a triangle of sound is more weirder as the sounds crosses each other...
Anton Maiof

Post Posted

wouldn't it be octophonic then for the flaming lips? 4 CDs / Eight Speakers?

Mudboy would do the three speaker thing live with a guitar amp at the back of the performance space which would only carry FX sends. Sounded like a dirge anyway, but the performance was nice

Dirge may have been my fault as I ended up having to do the sound last minute.

So the cassette track in this set up is mono? and why cassette?
Phantasma Disques

Post Posted

cassette cause it has a warm analog sound and has some charme of tape manipulations - you can experiment more with a cassette recorder - would even prefer old big magnetic tapes but that's a production problem

a cassette recorder maybe has 2 speakers but a smaller range than a stereo sound system so it's some kind of mono for the total sound as it is in the center opposite of the big stereo speakers
mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

Very, very intrigued. Definitely want to check this out.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
iamthesunset

Post Posted

Trippy as balls! Proper intrigued by this now.
Phantasma Disques

Post Posted

The Pre-order started! And it's already selling quick...

https://phantasmadisques.bigcartel.com

mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

Jesus on swag̵, ̑ that is dope. If I can muster up the balls to drop $65 on this, I totally will... all depends on how much my next check is.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
chemicalxkid

Post Posted

mis†er_elec†ric wrote:Jesus on swag̵, ̑ that is dope. If I can muster up the balls to drop $65 on this, I totally will... all depends on how much my next check is.
I totally understand/relate man... It's like really hard for an unemployed college kid to just dish out $65 ):
When someone receives their copy, maybe you could tell me with it's worth purchasing?
My name is Anthony Ponticello. Every living creature on this earth dies alone. ▲▽▲▲.
Phantasma Disques

Post Posted

chemicalxkid wrote:
mis†er_elec†ric wrote:Jesus on swag̵, ̑ that is dope. If I can muster up the balls to drop $65 on this, I totally will... all depends on how much my next check is.
I totally understand/relate man... It's like really hard for an unemployed college kid to just dish out $65 ):
When someone receives their copy, maybe you could tell me with it's worth purchasing?
It is already more than half gone after 1 day (around 25 copies left) - around 10 pounds (16$) are spent for registred worldwide shipping on this heavy giant thing. Included shipping is only included in the first week - if it's still available in the second week it will cost 39.99 pounds + 10 pounds shipping - I'm sure this will cost twice that soon on discogs, ebay etc...