SALEM

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
kev7n.g

Re: salem tracks

Post Posted

It's a new era; music is for everyone. Gone are the days of finding that rare piece of wax that only a special few were able to share and enjoy.

Respect though to the labels and artists who still produce on vinyl; I'll continue to support you!
nonotnyet

Post Posted

lucyfur wrote:outsyd tha nite is a remix of von haze song. you can get it here http://www.thefader.com/2010/11/05/prem ... remix-mp3/
just realized i got that remix as soon as it hit the blogs... ^_^
nonotnyet

Post Posted

kev7n.g wrote:It's a new era; music is for everyone. Gone are the days of finding that rare piece of wax that only a special few were able to share and enjoy.

Respect though to the labels and artists who still produce on vinyl; I'll continue to support you!
ditto on that! the people who hoarded these tracks really pissed me off. i had one person who has all this stuff contact me to trade. i sent him the exclusive live footage and i took from the third ever S4LEM show at the Knitting Factory (the BUTT mag show), and he totally weened out and sent me nothing in return... i call bullshit on the mp3 hoarders. mp3s are inherently worth zilch... theoretically they don't exist (on a pure physical level that is), so holding onto them is just petty and stupid.

btw, anyone want that footage/pics from that show? i'll post after i get off work... no use holding onto it if others would like to see the stuff. i never posted it to youtube 'cos i never got around to editing it.

i saw S4LEM twice when i lived in nyc... their second and third shows (China Chalet and Knitting Factory the same week... forgot my camera for the China Chalet show :/ )
acolyteboyscout

Post Posted

I understand a lot of bands use willful obscurity as an aesthetic device. I get it. When fans have the same attitude towards other people's music it's annoying. I think information should be accessible. If you impede the access of it you're ass. You're on the same level as a ticket scalper or record flipper. I doubt more people will post what rarities they have because they'd rather play cool on the internet than make anyone happy.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

acolyteboyscout wrote:I think information should be accessible. If you impede the access of it you're ass. You're on the same level as a ticket scalper or record flipper. I doubt more people will post what rarities they have because they'd rather play cool on the internet than make anyone happy.
ditto on that... like i said before, i've already dealt w/ one of those track hoarders and got nada in return, but they got something that was even "rarer" from me (in the theoretical sense). it's rather stupid... it's not like yr sitting on a cache of rare records that were only pressed in an edition of 200... it's an mp3 and everyone should get to hear it.

sadly, you may be right... since these formerly "scarce" tracks finally are out here, i have a feeling the few folk out there w/ the now even more "exclusive" tracks will let them sit on their drives just to make themselves feel "special". meh.

take a lesson from me folks... don't deal w/ S4LEM mp3 traders who claim they have all this stuff... they'll fuck you.
tbsjordan

Post Posted

nonotnyet wrote: call bullshit on the mp3 hoarders. mp3s are inherently worth zilch... theoretically they don't exist (on a pure physical level that is), so holding onto them is just petty and stupid.
Not exactly, they are "worth" other mp3s. It's like this, "Hey I have trade X and you have track Y. Let's trade."

If everything was just given away there wouldn't be anything to trade.

I don't feel like I'm explaining it well, but thats the best I can do.
T U N D R A

Post Posted

MP3s are fucking mp3s and that's all there is to it.

The only time you should ever pay for MP3s is when you're buying said releases from a band's label via a download site, etc.

Anyone who "sells" mp3s that's not associated with the band are fucking idiots.
roman

Post Posted

nonotnyet wrote:
acolyteboyscout wrote:I think information should be accessible. If you impede the access of it you're ass. You're on the same level as a ticket scalper or record flipper. I doubt more people will post what rarities they have because they'd rather play cool on the internet than make anyone happy.
ditto on that... like i said before, i've already dealt w/ one of those track hoarders and got nada in return, but they got something that was even "rarer" from me (in the theoretical sense). it's rather stupid... it's not like yr sitting on a cache of rare records that were only pressed in an edition of 200... it's an mp3 and everyone should get to hear it.

sadly, you may be right... since these formerly "scarce" tracks finally are out here, i have a feeling the few folk out there w/ the now even more "exclusive" tracks will let them sit on their drives just to make themselves feel "special". meh.

take a lesson from me folks... don't deal w/ S4LEM mp3 traders who claim they have all this stuff... they'll fuck you.
was it that "mookie" doucehbag on last.fm? i gave him some white ring tracks and he gave me nothing in return even thought he kept delaying and saying next week, but they never came.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

tbsjordan wrote:
nonotnyet wrote: call bullshit on the mp3 hoarders. mp3s are inherently worth zilch... theoretically they don't exist (on a pure physical level that is), so holding onto them is just petty and stupid.
Not exactly, they are "worth" other mp3s. It's like this, "Hey I have trade X and you have track Y. Let's trade."

If everything was just given away there wouldn't be anything to trade.

I don't feel like I'm explaining it well, but thats the best I can do.
oh i understand, but a trade is still a trade and that particular person got something whilst i got nothing.

i often get requests from people wanting things and i have no problem sharing/trading, but an mp3 is still an mp3. in the most basic sense, it's non-existant, therefore it's worth is nil... hence, hoarding mp3s to bolster yr self-worth is petty and childish.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

roman wrote:
nonotnyet wrote:

was it that "mookie" doucehbag on last.fm? i gave him some white ring tracks and he gave me nothing in return even thought he kept delaying and saying next week, but they never came.
i dunno... i don't mess w/ last.fm much though i do have an account. this guy contacted me via my blog...
YOURS0093

Post Posted

nonotnyet; the person you are bitching about is me, first of all i wanted trax not fucking live footage. the only reason you think it's rarer than an mp3 is cuz you ain't got shit. i didn't get ur fucking videos either so..you fucked me over too...and not in a good way.. holla.
<<_[]_>_>>

Post Posted

hook it up. links to trismus@hotmail.com
||ø||
nonotnyet

Post Posted

YOURS0093 wrote:nonotnyet; the person you are bitching about is me, first of all i wanted trax not fucking live footage. the only reason you think it's rarer than an mp3 is cuz you ain't got shit. i didn't get ur fucking videos either so..you fucked me over too...and not in a good way.. holla.
so i fucked you, huh? i sent you the megaupload link because you expressed an interest and don't tell me you didn't dl it because the dl count is one and yr the *only* person i sent those photos and live footage to, so don't go around claiming that i fucked you. you got something, i got nothing.

yr *thee* perfect example of the shitty, grubby, mentality i was referring to earlier. petty douchebags hoarding mp3s like they're precious diamonds... when people ask me if i have something, i just send it to them, no probs, no bartering bullshit. they're fucking mp3s, it's not like i'm mailing them a record that's worth $200. i've been collecting and selling records for over 25 years and it's sad that mp3 traders are worse than a lot of the record collectors i've dealt with.

anyhow, nice to see yr still being a putz. have fun jacking off over yr "pretties", i mean rare mp3s... i hope you have a waterproof hard drive.

see ya 'round.
Last edited by nonotnyet on December 5th, 2010, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

here ya go folks...

front stage right footage from S4LEM'S 3rd show (BUTT Mag show at the Knitting Factory, NYC). there are some pics i took included in the file. i've only seen one bit of footage from this show on youtube, and it looks and sounds awful. mine isn't perfect, but it's considerably better than that.

ciao.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22WYJV92
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

thanks man!