BATHAUS - |Bastien (2012)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

BATHAUS - |Bastien (2012)

Post Posted

1. Blood Be Blood. (Nicky Romance Remix)
2. Haus De Khrome
3. He With Claws
4. IInfernoVoxx Giallo
5. Me The Zeph Widow
6. Moonless Eyes
7. Zo Risen (Nika)
8. & Deadart Star - The Dreaming
9. Inferno

This it the most anticipated witch house release for me in months.

"Inferno" leaves you speechless, one of the best tracks I've heard in 2011:

Can't wait for it to drop (5th of Feb).
Mcll

Re: BATHAUS - CDR on Phantasma Disques

Post Posted

I am really looking forward to this as well. I did a mix for Inferno, but I don't know if it made the release or not.

This is going to be a very exciting year for music.
Mcll

Post Posted

Nice cover art :D

Phantasma Disques

Post Posted

on pre-order now (still colour-surfaced w/ Japan OBI left) http://www.phantasmadisques.bigcartel.com
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: BATHAUS - |Bastien (2012)

Post Posted

I got my copy yesterday, been on a constant replay, sooo freaking good <3

Cosmas - do you know more about "Blood Be Blood. (Nicky Romance Remix)" ? Is this a remix by Nicky Romance of BATHAUS track, or the other way round ?
Mcll

Post Posted

oooh! They did a brilliant video for my remix. Really impressed :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRPoPXGPlKk
BATHAUS

Post Posted

:) Zin - Blood BE Blood is a Nicky Track I remixed. Happy you like the sounds!
iamthesunset

Post Posted

This is blowing my fucking mind right now. I absolutely LOVE gregorian chants/choral singing in dark music (witch stuff, black metal, etc) so this won me over before i'd even heard it. It just happens that the music is fantastic too. Seriously good shit. My only regret is taking so long to hear it.
Phantasma Disques

Re: BATHAUS - ARCANE|||CUT cassette - 10 copies left

Post Posted

last copies of the debut BATHAUS |Bastien CDR (14 left) + 3 tracks are featured on the LIMITED BIZARRE CLUB HITS 4-WAY VINYL SPLIT LP BIZARRE CLUB HITS (Bathaus/Mater Suspiria Vision/Cyndies/Drug Machine) http://phantasmadisques.bigcartel.com/artist/bathaus
HauteMagie

BATHAUS - |Bastien cassette reissue on Haute Magie (2012)

Post Posted

Hello all,

Just wanted to update everyone here that the amazing BATHAUS album |Bastien, previously released through Phantasma Disques on CD-R, is now available as a cassette, limited to 77 pieces, through Haute Magie

Order here: http://shop.hautemagie.com/products/bat ... -cassette/

HauteMagie

Re: BATHAUS - |Bastien cassette reissue on Haute Magie

Post Posted

Like the tale of Alighieri’s descent to the deepest recesses of Hell, Bathaus’ “|Bastien” begins and ends in fire. Quite literally, opener “Inferno” bakes and breathes life into lungs born of ash. Twisting beams of netherworld light know and find their footing very well in these barreling passages. Disarranged voices cut through pounding beats set to a blazing rhythm and ascend to the mouth of an unseen cavern… the air is heavy and choked.

Reborn in a format suited for this album’s underlying warmth, |Bastien delivers its own nine circles (plus one), and BATHAUS is our Virgil. Throughout the ten tracks sewn into this tape’s creaking folds, a chill begins to slowly set in. Distant beats chop away at a sea of icy synthesisers and slowburn samples, leaving waves of acidic feedback in their wake. With remixes, a collaboration, and obvious standalone singles, |Bastien is clearly a whirlwind of sounds from various planes of the musical spectrum, and yet BATHAUS manages to precisely craft them so as to allow each one its own rightful passage, and still blend every track into a cohesive ebb and flow of barren, nostalgic sequences.

To the very last step of this cathartic journey, the ever-present hand of the Guide follows and flows ahead. |Bastien is a song and a dance, a light in the darkness, and a shelf for tender thoughts. Cloaked in tape fuzz, synthesised notes sparkle with hesitant, dark desire, shimmering over beats that pound, envelope, and crawl underneath… this cycle of newborn repeats will have no trouble finding a permanent home in one’s own layers, whether they be 9 strong or infinite.