WITCH HOUSE ALBUM OF THE YEAR - OFFICIAL VOTING

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

WITCH HOUSE ALBUM OF THE YEAR - OFFICIAL VOTING

Post Posted

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE YET

Rules (please leave a comment if you think those should get changed):

Everyone has to vote for 6 releases. Top two releases get 5 points, next two 3 points, and the last two 1 point. Sometime in the January I'll sum up all the points, and we will find out who will get the witch-house.com album of the year title.

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE YET

If you have any suggestions regarding the voting process, feel free to comment.

Do you want to vote for albums AND eps ? Or only albums ?

I decided to go for only 6 positions for us to vote for, because we haven't had so far THAT many WH releases... Normally I'd go for out top 15 (so first 5 get 5pts, next 5 3pts and last five 1pt)...

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE YET
kukhuvud

Re: WITCH HOUSE ALBUM OF THE YEAR - OFFICIAL VOTING

Post Posted

zin wrote:Do you want to vote for albums AND eps ? Or only albums ?

My vote: anything goes! From an album available on cd to a single-track "mixtape" .... as long as it's good it should be up here!
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Post Posted

What about voting for artists as opposed to albums? Mainly due to the fact that a lot of artists in this genre may not have necessarily released official albums as of yet. Just a thought.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

I'd vote for best release rather than just full albums. a bunch of Eps were released that were really good. Maybe we can remove singles from the vote. I wouldn't vote for best artist because it would probably end up that the best artists would be artists with some released material anyway. I mean, can the best artists of the year really be the artists with a bunch of mp3s and remixes ?
Ray

Post Posted

I think there should be separate categories for Album of the Year, EP of the Year, Single of the year, etc.
Music that's good (to an extent) goes here.
http://soundcloud.com/ray136
w4rl0ck

Post Posted

Since you are giving every voter 6 picks i think a top 20 EP's/LP's would be better. I don't think we should do a top artist of the year as that will become too opinionated. Top songs, not necessary.