S P H 3 R 3 S - Atlantis (2018)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

S P H 3 R 3 S - Atlantis (2018)

Post Posted

1. Atlantis
2. Atlantis ([lyn] Remix)
3. Atlantis (Morgve Remix)
4. Atlantis (Triple Blvk Darkness Remix)
5. Atlantis (Phantom Signal Remix)

https://sph3r3s.bandcamp.com/album/atlantis

Maxi single from SPH3R3S (Emily Acid and Amethyst Sol aka Mike from OKKVLT KATT). Stumbled across their bandcamp today, and decided to start a thread, why not. Short lived project, it ended when their relationship went south as far as I know. Anyway, onto the single - the original mix is great, Mike's production was morphing at the time, and started being more fleshed out, the inspirations here come from trip hop, art-pop a'la Bjork and witch house, "Atlantis" comes across as quite minimal, but there's quite a lot going on in the background. I'm not a fan of Emily's vocals, I feel like she occasionally sounds off. That being said, thanks to the production her weaker points are well camouflaged and overall the track is pleasant to listen to. [lyn]'s remix strips the original from heavier drums and adds church bells that give the track a grandeur, I really like it. Morgve's edits are quite amazing, I love how they transformed the vocals to sound more futuristic in a way, their track feels very cyber-witch. TBD comes through with a slow and brooding witchhouse remix, while Phantom Signal delivers a surprisingly amazing dubby flip - that takes me back to minimal dubstep days, really amazing stuff.