DIЯTY|PΔWS - Blood Trails (2024)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

DIЯTY|PΔWS - Blood Trails (2024)

Post by zin »

1. Into Darkness
2. Witch's Chamber
3. Broken Wings
4. Crypt Seeker
5. Monsters Inside
6. Bloody Claws
7. Mad Imp
8. Not You
9. Suicide Pact
Blood Trails is the new album from Dirty Paws, the sequel to the Blood Omen album. This album is aggressive in its sound and some tracks sound like overloaded 8-bit music, as if it were the soundtrack to the Castlevania series of games. Blood Trails features aggressive beats from Trap music and melancholic melodies with overloaded synths from Witch House music in a classic Dirty Paws performance.
https://untitledburial.bandcamp.com/album/blood-trails

I stay away from Untitled Burial albums on principle, but I felt generous today and decided to see what's up with them lately. The press info above already made me gag a bit, but one has to be open minded ;) I bet there's an audience for this type of music out there, probably on UB discord, but jesus this is so formulaic and repetitive. The execution is solid, rhythm, melodies etc yeah it's all there but it's all so freaking boring, and feels like it was done by so many others a ton of times. "Broken Wings" is quite cool with its dark and brooding synthwave mood, but the rest goes in with one ear and falls out with the other.

TLDR: EDM witch house for white bros in black longsleeves splattered with o'cool't logos OST
randomexit

Re: DIЯTY|PΔWS - Blood Trails (2024)

Post by randomexit »

@zin could not agree with you more. can not stand untitled burial and the sound that label pushes. And spot on with the tldr description of the fanbase.
STRFLL

Post by STRFLL »

Preach this. So tired of the whole EDM-bro witch-wave-trap-definitely-not-witch-house stuff that's being pushed online. I've given up trying to find anything interesting from UB because every artist on that lahel sounds alike.
ACITYASLEEP

Post by ACITYASLEEP »

I'm happy to see I'm not just a turd about the newer "witch-house" stuff. I was afraid I was just becoming left behind in the evolving sound. Respect to the skill and production quality of a lot of those releases, but I prefer my WH to hurt.