OKKVLT KATT - Mo Áthas (2024)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
OKKVLT KɅTT

OKKVLT KATT - Mo Áthas (2024)

Post by OKKVLT KɅTT »

Mo Áthas is my first full length release in 8 years. Hope you like it :heart:

1. Tús/Aon Ní
2. Pulse
3. Ionnir
4. Cau fy llygaid
5. Amhrán Na Leabhar
6. Mo Áthas
7. Lag
8. Amergin
9. Kneel Before The Storm

https://youtu.be/gKFGociojmw?si=PCrNmdWjw8vdJwWw

https://soundcloud.com/okkvltkatt
Πεισίστρατος

Re: OKKVLT KATT - Mo Áthas New Album

Post by Πεισίστρατος »

I'm really enjoying the inventiveness and creativity in this album, as well as the entrancing character of some of the tracks on this release. It's a breath of fresh air for me to see some new impulses finding their way into the music, and it's a relief to see that the more subtle, less ear-raping variations of Witch House are still alive.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: OKKVLT KATT - Mo Áthas (2024)

Post by zin »

The single was freaking amazing, so I'm super stoked to press play on this one! Will try to review it in the coming days, good to have you back Mike!
ACITYASLEEP

Post by ACITYASLEEP »

Banger after banger after banger. Peak WH classic sound without being redundant. Congrats, and thank you for creating this!
SENJI

Post by SENJI »

Thank you for releasing such a beautiful album. Agree with all the statements above, such a fresh breath of air after so many copycat earraping releases. So many subtle ethereal elements in the album. Enchanting banger 🔨
As always, your music is on the next level. Thank you for bringing up back all the past releases as well.
- Undesired
OKKVLT KɅTT

Post by OKKVLT KɅTT »

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. You have no idea how much I appreciate them <3
yaka-anima

Post by yaka-anima »

good work! favorite tracks: Tús/Aon Ní & Mo Áthas
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost:
▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲

OKKVLT KɅTT - Kneel Before The Storm (video)

Post by ▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ »

We just published the official music video to OKKVLT KɅTT's track 'Kneel Before The Storm' from the album 'Mo Áthas':

zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

Atmospheric video. I like the purple shot with a dude and a lightening.

I've been meaning to post my review of this album on Mutant Zones but run out of time today, will try tomorrow to finish it.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

https://mutantzones.blogspot.com/2024/0 ... athas.html

Epic. That's the word that comes to my mind after spending over three weeks with this album (to my delight) on my playlist. After a four year long hiatus, "Mo Áthas" marks the return of Mike Starita and his Okkvlt Katt project. He delivers his magnum opus for the newly minted label Séance. The record is a living proof of Mike's artistic growth, showcasing his honed craftsmanship and allowing a glimpse into some of the eclectic influences that impacted his sessions. Kicking off to the sound of cleansing rain, like washing off old sins and troubles, "Mo Áthas" heralds not only a new approach for the artist himself, but also delivers a breath of fresh air to the genre. It is a sonic statement that's both futuristic and deeply rooted in the folklore. Wonderful album from start to finish. Do no miss it.
Vertigo Cult

Post by Vertigo Cult »

Great album! It feels like a soundtrack to the next mythological movie by Ari Aster.