▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ Guest Mix series

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲

▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ Guest Mix series

Post by ▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ »

We recently started releasing guest mixes for our channel, on a semi-regular basis. Contributions mostly come from producers/artists associated with ▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲, but in general the slots are open to anyone who is interested. So far, we have released four mixes, the most recent (#4 by Golden Calf) released just this evening. Here is a playlist with all the mixes so far:

We will try to keep this list up to date as much as possible.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: ▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ Guest Mix series

Post by zin »

Can you tell more info about the label? Who's running it? Based on Bandcamp I can see CROSS ☨ COFFIN and OKKVLT KΛTT are part of it...
https://s34nc3.bandcamp.com/
▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲

Post by ▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ »

▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ is, at the basis, just a loose association of music producers and Witch House enthusiasts which started off in late 2023. It grew out of the idea of having a common art space, and to create an artistic climate which is favourable to the development of also the (currently) lesser known/neglected/forgotten styles of Witch House music.
It is actually not easy to give you a straight answer who runs the show since the artists involved with the project change over time. The best way to get an idea is to look at the latest releases on the Soundcloud page - since it's our aim to run ▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ as a collective effort, the line-up of artists at a given time will reflect who is participating in the project at that moment.
Indeed, CROSS ☨ COFFIN and OKKVLT KΛTT have been active contributors, in the case of CROSS ☨ COFFIN I must let you know they are now associated with a new project.
CROSS ☨ COFFIN

Post by CROSS ☨ COFFIN »

zin wrote: March 28th, 2024, 11:14 am Can you tell more info about the label? Who's running it? Based on Bandcamp I can see CROSS ☨ COFFIN and OKKVLT KΛTT are part of it...
https://s34nc3.bandcamp.com/
I have moved to SubGoth recently, but I will continue to make mixes for SEANCE whenever I can.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

Thanks for clarifying! I will make this thread a "label" thread and add it to the WH labels list here: viewtopic.php?t=1023
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

I'm a label discography nerd - have you considered using catalog numbers for your releases? Maybe not mixes, but the EPs and albums?
▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲

Post by ▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ »

Yeah a number of labels use catalog numbers, like Owlcave Records or Teapression Waves.
One problem, or hindrance, in our case is that there is a lot of fluidity in the titles we put up on bandcamp. Titles we upload might be removed in the future at the request of the artist, as has already happened in the past.
Another point is the relative inconsistency between our platforms (Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Youtube). Only a part of what we upload to Soundcloud will actually end up on Bandcamp; here it should be mentioned that ▲ ₴é₳₦₵Ɇ ▲ also serves, to a considerable extent, as a Soundcloud archive for Witch House music.
Then there is also the fact that we don't really demand exclusivity from the contributing artists. In a number of cases, an album or EP that has been uploaded to our Bandcamp will also be offered on the Bandcamp page of the artist.
We would need to come up with an intelligent cataloguing system first before we can actually apply one, because I doubt that the traditional way of counting upwards (SR#01, SR#02, ...) makes sense in our case...
yaka-anima

Post by yaka-anima »

thanks for upload the compilation of my netlabel (witch house is alive) skull triangle skull // is creative commons it's ok can be shared without commercial purposes. :) regards from Chile.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost: