These are the albums that I think I can listen to forever but helped my soul a lot in the past year because there was not much but music. From romantic, dreamy and exotic sounds over a perfect rock album to my love for abstract, weird but groovy noise.
- Brian Eno & Jon Hassell - Fourth World, Volume 1: Possible Musics
- Philip Glass - Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (OST)
- Blue Öyster Cult - Fire Of Unknown Origin
- Psychic TV - Mouth of the Night
- Voice of Authority - Very Big In America Right Now
Follow Abstract Nympho on bandcamp.
- Coil - Love's Secret Domain (30th Anniversary re-issue)
- Mogwai - As The Love Continues
- Robin Guthrie - Mockingbird Love
- .foundation - mountain ambient III
- Converge - Bloodmoon: I
- Grouper - Shade
- Sidekick Wave - Withered
- Abul Mogard - In Immobile Air
- Blanck Mass - Ferneaux
Follow ▲NDRΛS on bandcamp.
- Danny Elfman - Big Mess
- Coil - Love’s Secret Domain (30th Anniversary Re-Issue)
- Zombi - Liquid Crystal
- Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness (2021 Re-Issue)
- Mark Korven - Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City OST
- The Appleseed Cast - Low Level Owl Volumes I + II (2021 Re-Issue)
- Emilie Levienaise-Farrouch - Censor OST
- Floating Points and Pharoah Sanders - Promises
- Big Brave - Vital
- Gazelle Twin & NYX - Deep England
Follow Antoni Maiovvi on bandcamp.
a place both wonderful and strange fave albums of 2021:Russ:
- Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean
- Winkie - Here Comes Success
- The Killers - Pressure Machine
- Baby Keem - Melodic Blue
- The Armed - Ultrapop
- AFI - Bodies
- Joe Taylor Sutkowski And Dirtbuyer - Of Wisdom And Folly
- Winkie - Here Comes Success
- Nick Cave + Warren Ellis - Carnage
- Toad The Wet Sprocket - Starting Now
- Guided By Voices - It’s Not Them,it Couldn’t Be Them, It Is Them!
Follow A Place Both Wonderful And Strange on bandcamp.
Most fav albums:
- Sky H1 - Azure
- Arca - Kick ii
- Every Time I Die - Radical
- Croatian Amor - Spring Snow
- Slaughter To Prevail - Kostolom
- Blood Red Throne - Conquered Malevolence
- Damscray - Make Dem Rhytm
- The Armed - Ultrapop
- Humanity’s Last Breath - Valde
- cadeu - ciao
- Oligarkh, GENA - Рано ли, поздно ли
- Pixelord - Kamon
- silent phil - Breakdown
- Koreless - Joy Squad
- Andy Stott, Alison Skidmore - Never the right time
Follow Bogue on bandcamp.
- 1. King Woman - Celestial Blues (stream)
- 2. Glycerin - Bittersweet (stream)
- 3. White Ring - Show Me Heaven (stream)
- 4. Voodoo Crystals - mybrainhurtsmyfeelings (stream)
- 5. Bones - InLovingMemory (stream)
- 1. Bladee & Mechatok - Grace(SALEM Remix)
- 2. Snuffer - Then We Go Down (feat. Cocaine Krueger)
- 3. 127 - harboring
- 4. Glycerin - Forever
Follow Churchterror on bandcamp.
As always its hard to keep to track ov what actually came out in 2021, some ov my fave listens have been older stuff bought this year anyway here's some heavy shit for the home and dancefloor:
- Archgoat - Worship The Eternal Drakness (Debemur Morti)
Blackened death metal O.G.'s from Finland return
- Sanguisugabogg - Tortured Whole (Century Media)
Caveman death metal urghhh
- Schandermodd - Die Reise Nach Saarhexerich (The First rape Attack!!!) (Dominance Of Darkness)
Crazy Dungeon Synth
- Vothana - Hanh Dong Bay Gio, Tu'o'ng Lai Dam Bao / Action Now, Assured Future (Darker Than Black)
Vietnamese raw BM
- Kekht Arakh - Pale Swordsman (Livor Mortis)
- Hulder - Godslastering: Hymns Of A Forlorn Peasantry (Iron Bonehead)
One woman medival BM
- Friedhof - Beteigeuze / Beelzebub (Dominanace Of Darkness)
8 bit dungeon synth titally mental
- Wolves In The Throne Room - Primordial Arcana (Century Media)
This surprised me and is still on the turntable alot, atmospheric but ripping BM
- Spectral Wound - A Diabolical Thirst (Profound Lore)
- Pan Amerikan Native Front - Little Turtle's War (Nuclear War Now!)
Native American punky BM
- Hail Conjurer - Hail & Fire (Bestial Burst)
Cavernous doomy BM from Finland
- Noctule - Wretched Abyss (Church Road)
One woman black metal based on skyrim, ok
- Darkthrone - Eternal Hails.... (Peaceville)
Master return, what the fuck up with that drum mix tho
- Eva Noxiuos - Anti Todo (Bunker)
Latin Devil Shyt Gangsta rap, she's a killa mane
- Mortiss - Transmissions From The Westewrn Walls Of Time (Funeral Industries)
DS from the O.G.
12"s for thee floor:
- Bailey Ibbs - Helter Skelter (Voitax)
- Stefan Dubs - Continuum (Folklore Series)
Breakbeats und dubstep
- Bielefeld Murder Boys - Englishe Harte (Childsplay)
- Amy Dabbs - Allure (Lobster Theremin)
Hardcore und uk Garage
- Farsight - Renegades Scuffed)
- Alex Lay Far - Soulfull Hardcore: Love edition (Axe Traxx)
Hardcore inspired electro and breaks
- Interplanetary Criminal - In My Arms (Time Is Now)
Breaks, garage und jungle
- Denham Aufio & Friends (Cheeky Sneakers White Label)
Breaks, hardcore and jungle
- Yosh - The Hype (Holding Hands Submerged)
Breaks and garage
- Tower Block Dreams - Time Is Now White Vol I (Time Is Now White Label)
Follow Clan Destine Records on bandcamp.
Top 9, no particular order:
- VALOR - La Lune Noire 1997 (stream)
- CHU ISHIKAWA - Tetsuo 2: Body Hammer OST 1998 (stream)
- THOMAS KONER - Banlieue du Vide 2004 (stream)
- INTERNAZIONALE - Sex and Generosity 2014 (stream)
- DYSASSOCIATION - Rock Bottom 2020 (stream)
- MOONSTALKER - Nightstalking 2021 (stream)
- COLD GATE - Cold Gate 2021 (stream)
- KILLA THUGS - Murder in Mississippi 1995 (stream)
- THROBBING GRISTLE - The First Annual Report 1975 (stream)
Follow CRAVE on bandcamp.
Here's my top 10 favorite albums from 2021:
- John Carpenter - Lost Themes III: Alive After Death
- Der Weg einer Freiheit - Noktvrn
- Concrete Winds - Nerve Butcher
- V0NT - Rovnost
- AMULETS - Blooming
- Cannibal Corpse - Violence Unimagined
- Funeral Chant - Dawn of Annihilation
- Dark Sky Burial - Vincit Qui Se Vincit
- Emma Ruth Rundle - Engine of Hell
- Tobacco - Fucked Up Friends 3
Follow Antoni Maiovvi on bandcamp.
in no particular order these albums were my top picks. it’s a mixed bag of current and past releases:
- Vareons - Ui (stream)
a neon demon acid trip laced into a post myspace mixtape that feels equal parts horrifying as it does like a friday night adventure to the mall with ur BFFs.
- Ethel Cain - Inbred (stream)
70s hitchhiker running away to los angeles with a closet of incestuous skeletons that r rotting in a southern baptist church down in the florida panhandle. shoegaze guitars, first love and haunting vocals. an EP that delivered way more this year than most full length albums.
- King Woman - Celestial Blues (stream)
a seance packaged into a heavy doom/sludge metal masterpiece. imagine waking up tied to the floorboards of an attic, surrounded by figures in cloaks who recite biblical gibberish at u while ur soul is handed over to lucifer.
- pinkpantheress - to hell with it (stream)
heartbreaks, breakbeats and sonic earthquakes. a perfect blend of sinister dark pop elements, bubbly lyrics and early rave influences.
- VOODOO CRYSTALS - MYBRAINHURTSMYFEELINGS (stream)
a hazy spiral through city tunnels and dance floors. where other artists would allow you a break from the sinister soundscapes you’re fighting to survive, VC laces u with more nightmare fuel.
- William Basinski - Watermusic II (stream)
an ambient oceanic spiral that swallows u into the void only to softly let go after an hour of what feels like the most beautiful k-hole of ur life.
- Friendzone - Collection I (stream)
cloudy internet luv songs that serenade u w/o saying a word. a collection of euphoric beats that become timeless as u continue to drill them into ur brain. an album that’s still truly ahead of its time. should b mandatory listening for all producers.
- Black Kray - Crack Cloud$ Over Arts Kitchen (stream)
a duster addicts heaven. mumbled lyrics over distorted and blown out witch house beats that sound recorded straight from the kitchen of a crack house. there’s something so inspiring abt black kray’s raw approach to his art. every feeling is felt. distorted, agonizing pain with a slight sense of euphoria
Follow Edith Underground on bandcamp.
- Peter Talisman - Lord Of The Harvest (stream)
- Arca - Kick ii-iiiii
- Perfume Genius - Immediately Remixes (stream)
- Deaths Dyneamic Shroud - Faith In Persona (stream)
- Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Carnage (stream)
Follow Gravegonzo on bandcamp.
- 1. Black Marble - Fast Idol
- 2. King Krule - You Heat Me Up, You Cool Me Down
- 3. Slimesito - Rich Slime (Deluxe)
- 4. SSG Splurge - Goop Daniel
- 5. Marino Infantry - Enter The Infantry Vol. 2
I didn’t really listen to much… a lot of good rap stuff in 2021 though
Follow G.R. Zombie on bandcamp.
This is my top 10 of the best of 2021, not in order of relevance:
- Brainquake - Excess Denied (stream)
- Wiicca - Sunshine (stream)
- v/a - Crypt Hop Compilation III (stream)
- ALAVERA CALAVERA - Jag hör hemma i skogen och har alltid gjort det (stream)
- Noclip Mode - From the Top Shelf (stream)
- Laurent Colson - Dark Celebration (stream)
- ENIX INRI - CYBERPOP TWO (stream)
- Le Vitriol Hermétique - Les rives du temps (stream)
- Bidocea - Xenon Dreams (stream)
- Escaped Trees - An Ode To Transhumanism (stream)
Follow Humanfobia on bandcamp.
- Xeno & Oaklander - Vi/deo (stream)
Absolutely incredible album from an amazing band.
- Bestial Mouths – Thousandneedles (stream)
Don’t typically like including remix compilations, but I adore Bestial Mouths and all of the artists that worked on this project. Most notably SRSQ.
- Sunn O))) – Metta, Benevolence BBC 6Music : Live On The Invitation Of Mary Anne Hobbs (stream)
Phenomenal live album from Sunn O))).
- Robbie N4HC – CrossCountry (stream)
At the end of the year AMDISCS surprised us with this stunning release. Watch the video on YouTube, the visuals are wonderful, too.
- Bummer_ClubKid - Sad Sack of Synth (stream)
This is so rad. Just check it out and enjoy it.
Follow I†† on bandcamp.
- Louisahhh - The Practice of Freedom (stream)
Because it’s mine. Honestly, it took so long for this record to see the light of day and it’s here and I am so grateful for everything it taught me even though the whole process felt like wrestling: ‘I will not let go until you bless me’, and bless me it did.
- Halsey - If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power (stream)
This record (produced by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross) is really exciting: great writing and interesting sonic landscape from my favorite producers of all time, and Halsey’s impressive vocals exploring themes of motherhood, rage, brokenness. It fills me with hope to observe these sounds and these topics being grappled with in the context of a major pop landscape, very inspiring.
- Manni Dee - A Low Level Love (stream)
A FORCE of an album, the coolest dance record I’ve heard in some time: rife with bangers but also introspective, jagged, pumping. This feels very punk to me.
- Maelstrom - Rhizome (stream)
I will forever be a gigantic fan of my frequent collaborator and partner in RAAR, Maelstrom. This record is quite a jump from the dance-floor oriented electro singles and EPs that he is known for but it showcases his genius as a sound architect and has a lot of guts on an intellectual level.
- Low - HEY, WHAT (stream)
I don’t think there are any drums on this supremely fucked up howl of an opus from Mormon husband-wife duo, Low. I didn’t know too much about them prior to listening, only that I liked a few tracks that I heard, and the writing and FEELING of this rich, bleak, raw, roaring body of work is something else. I love this a lot.
- Alexis Marshall - House of Lull, House of When (stream)
This whole thing makes me feel like shouting into the abyss, dragging a bucket full of chains around or hurling my body against a wall. Mael took an insane video of me listening to the first track and looking wildly suicidal so I could ‘get in the mood’ before we did a live show in a church and I’m a big fan of anything that illicites such a visceral response.
Follow Louisahhh on bandcamp.
- 1. ACTORS - Acts of Worship (stream)
one album that comes to mind is the sophomore album from Canadian post-punk band, ACTORS. A big step up from their last record in not only production, but the singer's vocal chops as well.
- 2. Creux Lies - Goodbye Divine (stream)
another sophomore album, this time from California alternative rock band, Creux Lies. A moodier subversion of their established pop-rock debut, this one is less "party time" and more "solitary listening"
- 3. Mvtant - Gore + Mirrorshade (stream)
post-industrial/EBM artist, Mvtant delivers an astounding sound collage of bleak hellscapes and pounding dance beats.
- 4. Glass Spells - Shattered (stream)
San Diego synthpop act, Glass Spells releases their debut LP, 'Shattered' - comprised of 10 tracks of sugary-sweet electro pop numbers throwing back to the golden age of pop.
- 5. Komrads - The Wolf (stream)
an audio-assault of hard-hitting electro-industrial aggression.
Follow Male Tears on bandcamp.
Interesting picks and discoveries for 2021 (not all from 2021 but discovered in):
- Abstract Nympho - Demon Sex Dreams + Static EP (Self Released / Static Age)
- Rose McDowall | Shawn Pinchbeck – Far From The Apple Tree (Glass Modern)
- How I Quit Crack – Strada Il Nulla (Black Porno Cassette)
- Luca Yupanqui – Sounds Of The Unborn (Sacred Bones)
- Filmmaker - Vlad Tapes (Body Musick/Tartarus Records)
- Rōnin – Crossroads Of Hell (Body Musick)
- HAUNTER – Slaughter Nostalgia (Body Musick)
- Renderer – Internet Of Ears (Body Musick)
- Mater Suspiria Vision - Kosmische Musik (Phantasma Disques)
- Persona - Som
- Nyra Bakiga - Cor Corora
- Spiritualized - Pure Phase (Glow in the dark)
- Angelblood – Labia Minora
- Vía Láctea - Vía Láctea
- Coil - Swanyard
- Nurse with Wound various releases
- Techno Animal - Re-Entry
- Various - Ambient Senses
- Various - Dream Injection
- Tangerine Dream 1970-74
- Delerium – Stone Tower
- Love Is Colder Than Death – Mental Traveller
- black tape for a blue girl – Fragments VHS
Follow Mater Suspiria Vision on bandcamp.
- Poppy - Flux
its great to see a female artist take on the metal world and show the men how its done, but also this release has some great production throwbacks to 90's shoegaze vibes.
- Chvrches - screen vioelnce
a return to form and tapping that vein of dark angsty synthpop they used to be so adept in.
- Linga Ignota - Sinner Get Ready
beautiful and terrifying in equall measure, not a comfortable listen and all the better for it.
- Working Mens Club - Self Titled
a perfect blend of 90's madchester factory records atmposphere and wax trax era attitude. these are the real deal and great live too
- NYX & Gazelle Twin - Deep England
haunting record that sounds like it could be written a thousands years in the past or the future. timeless dread.
Follow Monomorte on bandcamp.
- [Lyn] is a very prolific artist and with his multiples projects is always at work. Hespérides, (release + video) has told us that there is nothing that can stop him and he will go on always bringing something new to the table. So hardworker of the year: Thomas Lyn
- Cauchemar Chemin has been doing some remarkable Dark Ambient compositions. Also his numerous videos have been all outstanding. #underratedartist
- WHITE RING, of course. Show Me Heaven has been the most played album at our studio this year. Best of 2021, all. Development of band, concept, rhythm variety... You cannot get tired of it. Perfect album.
- Suffer Ring has shocked our heads when Hauntology saw the light. They make a big progress from album to album. We are super glad to be following them on their growth journey.
- Need to mention CASHFORGOLD. CFG has a beautiful voice and the gift of sensuality and that´s exactly what WH and related music needs right now.
- SØLVE has surprised us with a bunch of amazing remixes and hard work along 2021. NEVER + ENOUGH and The Negative are perfect examples of what this great artist is capable.
- +d33b+ - PR3S3NC3 has been a super inspiration for us. Video on point and waiting for new drops from him. His productions are something else. Over the top. Sharp and Fine as quality katana steel
- Cannot avoid to include †HR33AM in this list. Always a distinctive style and interesting search of original sounds for our playlist. There´s always some magic on a †HR33AM album...
- 2021 was a "strange", long and heavy year, we didn´t have time to listen to a lot of new music couse we were on studio sessions a pathologic amount of time, and 2022 is gonna be just the same, even heavier of course. Anyways ya´all can expect lot of new material from us throughout the year, collabs, remixes both ways, videos and a new album already in the making.
- Best wishes for all, really.
- Nadia & Gonzalo
Follow Morgve on bandcamp.
- 1. Louisahhh - The Practice Of Freedom (stream)
Drawing equally from EBM and industrial influences, the record consists of 11 tracks filled with dark and disruptive techno delivered with punk attitude. It may appear agressive and heavy at first, but behind that initial impression lies a deeply personal, emotional, and skillfully structured album that deals with love, loss and power in a brutally honest and refreshing manner. Mesmerising LP.
- 2. Edith Underground - Heaven's Night (stream)
For a long while now, Edith's music has been drifting away from her early, obscure witchy bedroom roots I first fell in love with on the "Teen Witch" tape back in 2017, towards dark and gloomy dancefloor bangers, channelling club & rave music from the 90s. From trance, through jungle and breakbeat, to techno and classic house (with a bold JB sample there, love it, Nike7up fans pay attention), "Heaven's Night" is like doing drugs, going to a nightclub you've never been to before and having the time of your life...
- 3. Gravegonzo - Their Fantasy Mirrors (stream)
"Their Fantasy Mirrors" is a sublime and captivating sonic journey illustrated by enchanted narratives penned by the leader Sam Beahan. By ingeniously blending dark synth-pop, ethereal wave and pop-oriented harmonies, Gravegonzo manage to carve a unique niche for themselves, filled with hazy, sensuous melodies and shoegazy atmospheres. What's also worth noting is that "Their Fantasy Mirrors" is brilliantly sequenced, helping the listener to blissfully sink into these nine tracks from the very first moments of the opener "Lurk Around". My favourite debut of 2021.
- 4. Male Tears - Trauma Club (stream)
Glorious ode to the darkwave/new wave sound. Male Tears released not one, but two albums in 2021, but I feel like "Trauma Club", which is notably darker and spookier from its self-titled predecessor (both in terms of the music production and lyrics) makes a bigger impact. By conjuring the 80s goth aesthetic, often flavoured with EBM influences, they crafted seven catchy synth-pop/darkwave songs that will keep you vibing until the next Halloween.
- 5. CRAVE - Stabbed In The Jaw And Left Alive (stream)
CRAVE's work has always been very cinematic, both in terms of visual references, storytelling and sample use, and it's no different here - the mood shifts throughout "Stabbed In The Jaw And Left Alive" keeping the listener on the edge all the time. It is an industrial record at its core, with experimental rap, harsh noise and power electronics influences ingeniously intertwined into an eerie and gripping project. The titular track even ventures into a hardcore/grimy rave territory, while "Betrayal" sounds like it could be pulled from a Texas Chain Saw Massacre-themed dungeon synth album. The result is seven tracks of uncompromising gritty electronics, an essential listen for anyone willing to hear the best in the current French underground.
- 6. Holy Other - Lieve (stream)
The elusive producer delivers his signature sound of mesmerizing downtempo electronica, this time more deconstructed, polished and darker than ever before, often drifting towards a sonic territory located somewhere between Haxan Cloak's Latitudes record and "Double Negative" from Low. Recorded during 2020, the album effortlessly blends dark ambient with fractured electronic signals and cold IDM undertones, creating multi-layered compositions that are occasionally graced with ethereal vocals from Sian O'Gorman. It's a stunning comeback from one of the most iconic faces of the Tri Angle label.
- 7. Home Front - Think Of The Lie (stream)
New and exciting post-punk/new wave band from Edmonton, Canada. These dudes manage to sound like they've been teleported from the 80s and at the same time channel raw energy that's so much needed in this pandemic-centric world. The opening track "Flaw In The Design" gives me serious The Cure vibes, and made me fall in love with them straight from there. Whole thing is packed with hits that are insanely addictive and make you believe you've known them for years. Fantastic debut.
- 8. Pictureplane - Dopamine (stream)
Latest album from Pictureplane is quite possibly his best one yet, with its sound and influences going back all the way to his classic Dark Rift days. "Dopamine" has rave songs for Hackers' psychofans, hip-hop-flavoured industrial for babybats and outcasts, and mellow synth tracks for D&D nerds. And all that while being true to his DIY-ethos. Love it.
- 9. Low - Hey What (stream)
While "Double Negative" redefined their career, "Hey What" cements their status as one of the most exciting rock bands out there today. Amazing LP from start to finish.
- 10. Zhe Pechorin - Signs (stream)
"Signs" is a six track journey through otherworldly portals, gliding smoothly alongside sci-fi tones & droned out minimalism. Organically shifting and progressing through the noisy cosmic vortex, the album is a blisssful slow-paced trip that brings to mind the opening sequence in Blade Runner.
- 11. Smote - Drommon (stream)
Psychedelic, almost ritual odyssey with folk undertones, that instantly made me think of early Haxan Cloak vs Hawkwind combo.
- 12. Mater Suspiria Vision - Kosmische Musik (stream)
"Kosmische Musik" takes the listener on a trippy journey through vast and bleak sonic wastelands of ghostly synths, selectively scattered with guest vocals and shrouded with droning serenity.
- 13. Scythe - Candlelit Descent Down The Initiation Well (stream)
Filled with emotive synths that shape vast and brooding soundscapes, the album is a sublime and haunting experience that will undoubtedly appeal to both melancholic crypt keepers as well as dystopian dreampunks.
- 14. V.A. - Curses presents: Next Wave Acid Punx (stream)
Spanning four decades of music, it's an epic collection of dark electronic dancefloor hits, including tracks from Suicide, Yello, Front 242 as well as modern faces of dark disco scene like Curses himself, Shubostar or Zombies in Miami. Whether you like darkwave, italo-disco, EBM or new beat, you'll find something special for yourself.
- 15. MONOMORTE - The Wiccan (stream)
On "The Wiccan" MONOMORTE manages to craft a cohesive occult story, told with an eclectic sound that is both sublime and menacing, eerily familiar and comfortably distant, merging modern horror sound design with ghosts of dubstep past.
- 16. Tonstartssbandht - Petunia (stream)
"Petunia" is a joyous, folk-flavoured ride that progresses Tonstartssbandht's signature noisy sound into a more polished, melodic and well structured songwriting.
- 17. New Mexican Stargazers - Subterranean Flash Game (stream)
NMS combines psycho-tropical soundscapes and new age synths, emanating some serious hypnagogic vibes that will you make you float for hours.
- 18. MORGVE - Halveksiva (stream)
Latecomers to my list (the album came out just 2 days before the end of 2021), but it took me by storm, a melodic and post-rave friendly LP from Argentina's finest witchhouse musicians.
- 19. S280F - 28 (stream)
"28" sounds like it was sent to Earth from the Nostromo spaceship after orbiting our solar system in solitude for years. It's an organic sound design sculpture mixed with a score to a movie that never was.
- 20. PC World - Order (stream)
A synth/EBM soundtrack to the post-truth world of today, accentuated with industrial and post-punk elements.
Special shout out aka looking forward to hear their albums in 2022:
Follow Mutant Zones on blogspot.
- 1. Arca - Kick iiii
- 2. Spellling - The Turning Wheel
- 3. Memo Boy - Songs & Demos 2015-17
- 4. John Glacier - Shiloh: Lost For Words
- 5. Tirzah - Colourgrade
- 6. Loraine James - Reflection
- 7. Smerz - Believer
- 8. Holy Other - Lieve
- 9. You'll Never Get to Heaven - Wave Your Moonlight Hat for the Snowfall Train
- 10. White Ring - Show Me Heaven
Follow Pharmacist on bandcamp.
- BLOODY KEEP "Bloody Horror" (stream)
melodic medieval lo-fi black metal punk made by the mysterious master from california, The Abysmal Specter.
- Trhä "lhum jolhduc" (stream)
mysterious Scandinavian project full of raw emotion and beauty. exciting and essential.
- Këkht Aräkh "pale swordsman" (stream)
melancholic and emotional Swedish bedroom music.
- SPECTRAL WOUND "A Diabolic Thirst" (stream)
raw, relentless, thrilling.... blistering euphoria.
- LAMP OF MURMUUR "Submission and Slavery" (stream)
gothic death rock tinged black metal from the land of the goths, Los Angeles.
- FELLWINTER "Loyalty, Honor, Darkness" (stream)
New York City underground.
- WE ROB RAVE "We Rob Rave 6" (stream)
Pure Ecstasy. sonic gold. PLUR.
- PRAYER "In Your Arms" (stream)
- KONTRAVOID "Faceless" (stream)
another banger from the melodic synth master.
- QUESTMASTER "the twelve temples" (stream)
mondblowingly good dungeon synth. beautiful and mystical. melodic mastery.
- TURNSTILE "Glow On" (stream)
undeniable and infectious grooves.
- VATICAN SHADOW "SR-71 Blackbird Survivors" (stream)
more sonic mastery from the god.
- ARMAND HAMMER "haram" (stream)
intelligence and raw quality from Billy Woods and Elucid. produced by the Alchemist.
- Westside Gunn "Hitler Wears Hermes 8" (stream)
- ROME STREETZ & ANKHLEJOHN "Genesis 1:27" (stream)
Follow Pictureplane on bandcamp.
- 1. Gloomstone - Nailbiter
- 2. Rotten Wolf - Death Kvlt
- 3. Groza - The Redemptive End
- 4. King of Asgard - Svartrviðr
- 5. Wolves in the Throne Room - Primordial Arcana
- 6. Illusion of Fate - King of Serpents
- 7. Antichrist Siege Machine - Purifying Blade
- 8. Swallow the Sun - Moonflowers
- 9. Wormwitch - Wolf Hex
- 10. Druadan Forest / Old Sorcery (Split)
Follow P L V G U E S on bandcamp.
Top 10 (In no particular order)
- 1. VSN7 x ▽ - Expired Reality
- 2. HAEX - Aethyr Abyss Void
- 3. Wingtips - Cutting Room Floor
- 4. White Ring - Show Me Heaven
- 5. S Y Z Y G Y X - (Im)mortal
- 6. V▲LH▲LL - NEVERSLEEP
- 7. Front Line Assembly - Mechanical Soul
- 8. Suffer Ring - Hauntology
- 9. Darling Kandie – NuAge Depression
- 10. FIX8:SED8 - The Inevitable Relapse
- cEvin Key - Resonance
- COIL - Love's Secret Domain 30th Anniversary
- Kanga - You and I Will Never Die
- ΔXIUS LIИK - ΞRΛ
- shxde - x
- Various Artists - Lament Configurations: From Hell We Rise
- Kota Kira - The Netherworld Beckons
- Imperative Reaction - Mirror
- HOSTILE ARCHITECT - LOWGRADELIFE
- ARMAGEDDON DILDOS - Destruction EP
- Hocico - Broken Empires / Lost World
- Noise Unit – Deviator
- SØLVE – NEVER + ENOUGH
- Kælan Mikla - Undir Köldum Norðurljósum
- Kontravoid - faceless
- unitcode:machine - Themes for a Collapsing Empire
- The Rain Within - Horror Show
- Assemblage 23 - Failure 20th Anniversary
- Ritualz - Ghetto Ass Witch 10th Anniversary
- Dead Voice On Air : Snowbeasts
- Kontravoid - Faceless
- Devours - Escape from Planet Devours
- Youth Code / King Yosef - A Skeleton Key in the Doors of Depression
- ΔLLICØRN – Ritual Forms
- BIKINI DEATH RACE - Refrigerator
I’m sure there’s more. Lot’s of other great releases on the RE this year but I’m trying to promote other labels and artists more with this list.
Follow Re:Mission Entertainment on bandcamp.
in no particular order
- The KLF - Solid State Logik 1
- Cabaret Voltaire - Shadow Of Funk
- Ulver - Hexahedron
- Krallice - Demonic Wealth
- Alessandro Cortini - Scuro Chiaro
- Youth Code & King Yosef - A Skeleton Key In The Doors Of Depression
- Midwife - Luminol
- Brií - Sem Propósito
- Bendik Giske - Cracks
- Halsey - If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power
- Portrayal Of Guilt - We Are Always Alone
- Rhys Fulber - Diaspora
- Negura Bunget - Zau
- Nadja - Luminous Rot
- Modern Rites - Monuments
- Low - Hey What
- Mabe Fratti & Concepción Huerta - Estática
- Prurient & Merzbow - Black Crows Cyborg
- Pixel Grip - Arena
- Andi & Randolph & Mortimer - Torque Force
- Annihilus - Follow A Song From The Sky
- HTRK - Rhinestones
- Thy Catafalque - Vadak
- Wolves In The Throne Room - Primordial Arcana
- The Body - I've Seen All I Need To See
- Caterina Barbieri - Fantas Variations
- Vessel Of Iniquity - The Doorway
- Old Saw - Country Tropics
- Old Tower - Plague Harvest
- Old Tower - The Old King Of Witches
- Quest Master - The Twelve Temples
- Pierce With Arrow - Shatter
- James Ferraro - Terminus
- Peste Noire - Le Retour Des Pastoureaux
- Strega Beata - Strega Beata EP
- Hide - Interior Terror
Follow Ritualz on bandcamp.
- SADWRIST - ↻↻↻↻↻+
- Gloomstone - N A I L B I T E R
- nullse† - ARTIFICIAL SOUL
- HUBRID - THE CHILLWAVE
- PLVGUES - Volos
- Blvsphemy Records - H E R E T I C S Volume II
- D E P R E S S E D 0 4 0 - Void
- 觀✺♤♧)))Vipassanā///ལྷག་མཐོང་ - Vipassanā
- РэрѕЎ - CHAPTER 1 x " IT BEGINS"
Follow Rotten Wolf on bandcamp.
- Th1rt3en & Pharoahe Monch - A Magnificent Day for an Exorcism
- Alice Cooper- Detroit Stories
- Girl In Red- If I Can Make It Go
- Gucci Mane- Ice Daddy
- DMX- Exodus
- If I Die First - They Drew Blood
- Plvgues- Volos
- White Ring- Show Me Heaven
- Allicorn- Hvlo
- Nordgeist- Frostwinter
- Monolord- Your Time To Shine
Follow SAIN't on soundcloud.
- brothel. & Enjoii - VEDMA
This song to me is how I envisioned a dystopian world would sound like on the break of revolution. Out of all the collaborations brothel. did in 2021, this is def my favorite.
- CASHFORGOLD x Sidewalks And Skeletons x Holly Stell - All My Tears Are Fucking Black
HOLY HELL THAT BASS! Jake Lee produced a NASSSSTY tune for singers CASHFORGOLD and Holly Stell. This song always gets reactions when played and the reaction of many is "DAMN SON WHERE'D YA FIND THIS?!!"
- Summer Of Haze x Chernobrukv - 48 x 84
Summer of Haze has been one of my most influential producers for years. In 2021 he teamed up with Chernobrukv for the 48 x 84 album. Some great tracks on this release. If you're a fan of IC3PEAK , I would definitely check this out.
- ΔScoΔ - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Another favorite producer and movie title. ΔScoΔ has always brought his unique and hard hitting Witch House fused with fuck knows what but I love it. Track III is just sick.
- P L V G U E S - VOLOS
Dark smashing sounds from Milwaukee based producer PLVGUES . Of course my go to track is the collaboration with ƉɌƎΔM ɃLΔCK
- Shhadows & Small Planets - E
Ever since I heard this at one of our Lazaretto Online Music Festivals, I had been awaiting the release of this song. Just blissful in many ways. Almost Shoegaze. If you haven't checked out Shhadows, ya missing out.
- VSN7 x ▽ - Expired Reality
What a great release through and through. I have to say the opening track is probably my favorite off the LP. Highly recommended.
- ᑡlepsydra - Synthetic Anima
The beast behind so many projects out there. ᑡlepsydra always has a way to combine Witch House with elements of Trance and HardStyle electronica. A wizard in the studio, this album sounds great and takes you on a ride.
- filejacker - Wilderness
I've followed filejacker for a hot minute. This album is beautiful in so many ways. Not going to mention a favorite because it just flows from start to finish. Big ups.
- Sidewalks And Skeletons x brothel. - DIGITAL GHOST
These boys are my brethren. It's always a treat to see a collaborative release from them. This EP reminded me of NIN "Ghosts", hell might have even influenced the title. I was stoked to get the Re:Mission Entertainment release with the bonus tracks. Higher is such a good tune.
ECR / SubGoth releases:
- Lament Configurations: From Hell We Rise
What can I say, SubGoth Squad in full effect! In 2021 we smashed it with an amazing Halloween compilation. Featuring ᑡlepsydra / Deyeying / Dkryption / ƉɌƎΔM ɃLΔCK / H Λ Z Δ Я D / Kota Kira / MATT HART / MORIS BLAK / SAIN't / ΣΕΘ(SET) x Morgue VVitch / Shhadows / SIDEWALKS AND SKELETONS / spankthenun / SØLVE / Suffer Ring / VIDEL
- H Λ Z Δ Я D - Mother Fvcker / Pretty Weapon feat. ƉɌƎΔM ɃLΔCK
Solid and highly anticipated release from H Λ Z Δ Я D fusing Witch House with Hardwave creating his own sound. The collab with ƉɌƎΔM ɃLΔCK has one of my favorite twisting basslines.
- Persona - Sick In The Head Remixes
Always coming with the Hardcore influence, Persona delivers. The deyeying remix is so ill , but the SAIN't one ft Linda Bel Air steals the show.
- ƉɌƎΔM ɃLΔCK - Skies
Probably one of my favorite releases of the year. DB is such a monster constantly pumping out tune after tune. Looking forward to his LP later this year.
- Arnak - Reversal
The look awaited release of Poland's dark warrior. Death Domain is a proper SubGoth tune with elements of phonk and electro trap.
- ΣΕΘ(SET) - Disorders Of The Heart feat. Morgue VVitch
I was stoked to get Morgue VVitch on a track after hearing her music. We picked out a tempo/key and started sending files back and forth. It has an "into the storm" type vibe. Be sure to look out for her debut EP "LORE" on ECR/SubGoth set for the end of February.
- ΣΕΘ(SET) - Nobody Belongs ft. Lunarfluxx (Remixes)
I was so honored by all who contributed to this release. Featured on many streaming djs "Best Of 2021" lists, this song and remixes reached the world. From the groovy Shhadows remix , to a warehouse banging Techno version by d^t^t^b (aka Treasure Fingers), to a moody industrial masterpiece by SØLVE, truly proud of this EP.
- ΣΕΘ(SET) - T.V. People
THEY'RE HERE!!! My first attempt at fusing Witch House/SubGoth with Industrial Bass Music. Quite fun even. Transitions from 125 bpm to 100 bpm
- ΣΕΘ(SET) - All Cats Are Grey
Plain and simple, one of my favorite Cure songs dedicated to the passing of my cat.
Wanted to thank everyone for their love and support over the years, also to all the artists who made this all possible. Big shout out to Re:Mission Entertainment, Untitled Burial, 2 Dark Productions, Red Dagger Productions, Communion After Dark, Obscura Undead, Frankie Morales Productions, MASS at RSC, Black Nail Cabaret, all the Twitch DJs, so many blogs I don't want to leave anyone out, my family, and as always, much love to Jake Lee for inspiring me to produce again and start this project.
Follow ΣΕΘ (SET) here.
I didn’t listen to a ton of 2021 releases but here are my top 7 2021 songs:
- Sparks - So may we start
- Shhadows & Small Planets - E
- Coralline Kingsbury - …Fall in Love
- Leathers - Day for Night
- Sidewalks and skeletons & Brothel. - Breeze
- Actors - Love you more
- Dry Cleaning - Scratchcard Lanyard
Follow Shhadows on bandcamp.
- HTRK - Rhinestones
HTRK is a band I used to listen to a lot a decade back (before the passing of their bassist in 2010, rip), but for some reason figured they had stopped doing music. I went to listen to "fascinator" one day, I noticed that not only did they continue making music, but their discography had grown exponentially from what I remembered. rhinestones is the latest and all of these songs are amazing moody music you can lose yourself in with your eyes closed. "real headfuck" is probably my favorite song from the album.
- JPEGMAFIA - LP!
honestly just a big fan of all their music and have enjoyed all the releases “peggy” has put out thus far. i particularly like “END CREDITS!” from this EP for the sample alone (just go listen), but I have to play “WHAT KIND OF RAPPIN’ IS THIS” whenever it gets stuck in my head every couple of weeks.
- slowthai - TYRON
everyone seems to love the james blake, skepta, or asap feature most but “adhd” hits home the hardest for me to be honest. you get older and your childhood friends become more estranged. I could listen to this and ‘doorman’ on repeat as a kind of upper and downer combo. “I tried” getting an obvious honorable mention.
- Oliver Tree - Ugly is Beautiful: Shorter, Thicker, Uglier
the first release of the album was in 2020 but he did another rerelease in 2021 with pretty much another EP tacked to the front. my favorite song off this version is definitely "lies came out my mouth". Oliver Tree is on his own wave and I have been here for it since I first heard "alien boy".
- Sybyr - Anti-World II
I'm a sucker for genre bending stuff, especially electronic hip-hop. sybry on top of landfill's production, of dark beats, with dance style drum patterns made this release for me. I wish it was as well received as the first one.
Follow SKELETONKIDS on bandcamp.
- Emma Ruth Rundle : Engine of Hell (stream)
Flawless and timeless. I don’t have enough good things to say about this release and it frankly sets a high bar for anything else I’ve listened to over the past year.
- Witch Fever : Reincarnate (stream)
I’ve obsessed over this EP ever since first discovering Witch Fever earlier in June. It’s an amazing mix of doom-punk riffs and youthful aggression aimed at sexism, homophobia, and rape culture with pure vehemence.
- D E P R E S S E D 0 4 0 : I Have No Worth And I Must Die (stream)
It’s music like this that reminds me of why I keep coming back to the Witch-House genre. Unabashed, emotionally raw and exposed, with all the blown out goodness and haunting melodies you can ask for.
- V▲LH▲LL : NEVERSLEEP (stream)
I had the great fortune of working on this release as the mastering engineer and as such got to hear it a few hundred times in the process. So the fact that I still come back to it should show just how much affection I have for it. Easily this duo’s strongest work and an incredibly well crafted release.
- SINE : Desire, Denial, and Paramania (stream)
SINE is an artist I’ve kept a close eye on, so this album was one I heavily anticipated. Though it’s mostly made up of previously released material, hearing it all together really showcases her groundbreaking and refreshing take on the classic cold-wave style. Lots to love here, and a dynamic variety of moods keeps things exciting.
- Various Artists : Project Forlorn (stream)
Crafted by fans on the Lorn Discord, this project came together in spectacular fashion with a very impressive selection of music inspired and modeled after the inimitable Lorn. I love the attention to detail in these pieces and the obvious love for such an incredible artist on display.
- Suffer Ring : Hauntology (stream)
This album has all the elements of what I am into these days. Emotionally direct and transparent in its intentions with a gorgeous haze and fuzzed out sonic palette that I’m a huge sucker for. Aesthetically right in my wheel house too. I see this one being a personal favorite for a long time.
- ULVER : Scary Muzak (stream)
There’s a great sort of self-awareness behind Ulver releasing a collection of interpretations of John Carpenter themes on Halloween. Even beyond the concept itself, the work stands out as phenomenal as one would expect from the group.
- The Body : I’ve Seen All That I Need To See (stream)
Harsh, oblique, and uncomfortable. The Body doing all the things that The Body does well. What a fucking perfect way to start off the year.
- SØLVE : NEVER + ENOUGH (stream)
I realize it’s a bit awkward to pick one of my own releases, but in this particular case, involving the incredible talent of some amazing friends was such an important experience for me in a difficult year and and a genuine highlight for me. Just want them to know how proud and grateful I am of all that they put into this.
Follow SØLVE on bandcamp.
FAVOURITES FROM TOP 2 BOTTOM
- Sematary - Fury Road + Warboy
released 2019 and 2020 but have been the soundtrack to our 2021
- Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
2000 but our new car soundtrack
- White Ring - Show Me Heaven
- Bar Italia - Bedhead
- Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club
- Turnabout - My Reaper (single)
- Zheani - Fuck The Hollywood Cult (single)
- Peake - My Woeful Heart (single)
- Alice Glass - Fair Game (single)
Follow Stay Healthy on bandcamp.
TEXTBEAK TOP 2021 MUSICK PICKS:
- Harlem - Bait [VEYL]
- RNXRX - Sigil [VEYL]
- Alan Vega - Mutator [Sacred Bones Records]
- Anna Funk Damage - HARD-CORE SOFT PORN [Raw Culture]
- Luis Vasquez - A Body Of Errors
- FRACTIONS - Violent Eyes
- Filmmaker - Counterspell [HOME MORT]
- cEvin Key - Resonance [Artoffact Records]
- Front Line Assembly - Mechanical Soul [Metropolis Records]
- MARTIN GORE - THE THIRD CHIMPANZEE EP
- Randolph & Mortimer - Systems, Souls & Societies
- Mala Herba - Demonologia [aufnahme + wiedergabe]
- Gamma Intel - Generatie Desinteresse [Pinkman]
- Soulless - Modern Day Oppression [Phage Tapes]
- NOAH23 - Pirate Utopias 3000
- BABYCHAOS - I AM
- Gel Set - Tone Invasion [2MR]
- The Marquis - The Suburbs Dream Of Bloodshed [aufnahme + wiedergabe]
- V/A - No Portions - Volume II [Idlestates Recordings]
- Nattymari - Gimmie Sum [Clan Destine Records]
- Total Chroma - Body Relics
- Division Of Doubt - Chalkine b / w Trespasses
- Ultra Sunn - Night Is Mine [Oráculo Records]
- Profligate - Until You Convince Yourself
- ACTORS - Acts of Worship [Artoffact Records]
- Hidonash - Verbose Liturgy [SOIL]
- Manuka Honey - Industrial Princess
- New Haunts - Still Dark Sky
- :dead voices on air: snowbeasts: - :snowbeasts: dead voices on air: [Re:Mission Entertainment]
- Arnaud Rebotini - Shiny Black Leather [Mannequin]
- Blind Delon / Contre Soirée - Nuit [VEYL]
Follow Textbeak on bandcamp.
For us at The Dubwitch Horror - as, assuredly it was with many of you - 2021 was a year of stagnancy, as the body of a life on-hold due to Covid began to turn putrid from being sat out in the sun too long. Of course there were the occasional brighter spots and darker hues, hopes of getting out before mutations and variations came knocking, but it was mostly the same grey sludge as most of the prior year. Luckily, music is always a salve and an irritant for the times. We enjoyed, found solace and kinship in the records below in increasingly disconnected and antisocial times. These are our favourite records, our peers, our influences - the beautiful, the vapid, the miserable, the chaotic. If the sounds of our stagnation are so sweet, then long may we fester together.
- 1. aya - im hole
- 2. Low - Hey What
- 3. HOLY OTHER - Lieve
- 4. Peter Talisman - Lord of the Harvest
- 5. King Woman - Celestial Blues
- 6. Converge & Chelsea Wolfe - Bloodmoon I
- 7. Otro - Portuaria
- 8. Lingua Ignota - Sinner Get Ready
- 9. Tribulation - Where The Gloom Becomes Sound
- 10. Backxwash - I Lie Here Buried With My Rings and My Dresses
- 11. Miedo Total & Molly Turner - Vinheim
- 12. Kaelan Mikla - Undir Köldum Norðurljósum
- 13. Anti-God Hand - Wretch
- 14. New Age Doom & Lee "Scratch" Perry - Lee "Scratch" Perry's Guide to the Universe
- 15. Gazelle Twin & NYX - Deep England
- 16. Emma Ruth Rundle - Engine of Hell
- 17. Spellling - The Turning Wheel
- 18. Caïna - Take Me Away From All This Death
- 19. MSYLMA & ISMAEL - مذاهب النسيان / The Tenets Of Forgetting (Editions Aepparent)
- 20. Wanton Witch - Wanton Witch
Follow The Dubwitch Horror on bandcamp.
playlist of favorite tracks from 2021:
Follow The Present Moment on bandcamp.
Greetings from the Realm ov the Ghøst Møøse. 2021 was the year we returned with a new full length album, titled 'Neversleep'. A lot of work, pain and emotions went into 'Neversleep' but it is our best work to date and we are very happy with it. Unfortunately, since this horrible pandemic keeps pandemicing, we are still waiting for the chance to bring the new tracks to stages around the world. Hopefully 2022 will let us do live gigs again.
2021 bought a lot of other great albums too, so here is, again in no particular order, 10 of our favourite releases from the past year. One is actually from december 2020 but found it's way into our ears and heart in 2021 so it gets to go on this list anyway. - V▲LH▲LL
- Lingua Ignota - Sinner Get Ready (stream)
- Suffer Ring - Hauntology (stream)
- HAEX - Aether Abyss Void (stream)
- SØLVE - Never+Enough (stream)
- White Ring - Show Me Heaven (stream)
- Sturm Café - Fernes Land (stream)
- Ghost Twin - Love Songs For End Times (stream)
- Blvck Ceiling - Death Valley (stream)
- Witch Of The Vale - Commemorate (2020) (stream)
- Sidewalks and Skeletons & Brothel - Digital Ghost (stream)
Follow V▲LH▲LL on bandcamp.
- strada il nulla // HOWIQUITCRACK (stream)
the goddess of flowers returned with a whole cassette filled with pure magic. she is such an inspiration, and i really loved this release.
- desire // VENGEUR (stream)
his layers of dark, chaotic, poignant shifting melodies unlock a part of my mind and bring me in to explore. the album is unique and necessary. always look forward to his work.
- Kosmische Musik // Mater Suspiria Vision (stream)
soundtrack but also stand alone from CDX and MSV. this album paints a whole audioscape of synths, haze, and psychedelia. love to drift away to this album.
- Technotronic // Recall
90s baby what can i say.
- Pussy Whipped // Bikini Kill
highly influential and perfect when i’m angry.
- DrunQz // Aphex Twin
this massive endeavor is always a nice revisit for me, so much to digest even today.
Follow Voodoo Crystals on bandcamp.
5 best artists of 2021 by wiicca
sadwrist is my favorite of the modern day.
favorite 2021: I think it is removed so I dont remember the name
- 2. Suimega:
Amazing Glitches, must hear
Favorite 2021: GANDORA GHOST
- 3. Static Starlight:
I love his music, especially his techno influenced stuff
Favorite 2021: Linkin Bizkits
- 4. shoebill:
Best mashcore. Sounds like a combination of Adustam and Goreshit
Favorites 2021: cute and wonderful, Diddley Dancecore
- 5. Nagareboshi:
Chiptune artist that should get more attention. Great melodies
Favorite 2021: whatever he released
Follow Wiicca on bandcamp.
Our 10 favourite albums of 2021, in no particular order:
- Zanias - Unearthed
Magnificent mixture of EBM, techno and... pop. Topped with ethereal yet powerful vocals in a wide array of styles.
- Qual - Tenebris In Lux
The best in the category of dirty, distorted EBM. Paired with William's harsh and unsettling vocals, it adds up to a perversely gratifying listening experience.
- Fractions - Violent Eyes
Beautifully dark and aggressive, the title track was on repeat for a long time.
- NNHMN - Tomorrow's Heroine
Minimalist synths with sensual, haunting female vocals - our favorite mix. The sexiest album on the list.
- Shortparis - Яблонный сад
Unsettling mixture of pop, rock and electronic music with great instrumentation and an impressive display of melodic, emotional vocals. Also, a must-see live performance.
- Louisahhh - The Practice Of Freedom
If you think there's no such thing as techno punk, listen to this one. Great industrial sound design and female vocals.
- White Ring - I Need A Way
Favourite witch house record, love the eerie vocals and gloomy production.
- VTSS - Borderline Tenderness
A real experimental trip with Polish techno queen. Don't forget to watch the music videos.
- ROÜGE - Ultimatum
Just the right mixture of techno and EBM, dirty and very energetic.
- Sexual Purity - Beautiful Scar of Society
Excellent debut, powerful basslines with cold ethereal vocals, reminiscent of Boy Harsher.
Follow World, Interrupted on bandcamp.
- CRAVE - Stabbed In The Jaw And Left Alive (stream)
Seven tracks of uncompromising gritty electronics from a producer who's been constantly putting out quality releases since his DISARO debut.
- MORGVE - Halveksiva (stream)
Without a doubt their most mature and cohesive album to date. Neatly balancing between dark witchy sound and more euphoric big club vibes, MORGVE managed to crystalise their identity while reaching out to new sonic territories for influence.
- Churchterror - Dirt (stream)
Raw, emotional and genuinely lo-fi. "Dirt" is my fav release from Churchterror in '21, but this dude has been dropping bombs all year round, make sure to also check out "Beatpack vol.666" and "Watch Your Back".
- MONOMORTE - The Wiccan (stream)
Inspired by Gerald Gardner, who popularised the wiccan religion, the album deconstructs vocal samples and field recordings from his coven, and mixes them with MONOMORTE's signature style that glides smoothly between pre-trap era witch-house, tribal bass music championed by Shackleton and future garage of Clubroot.
- Holy Other - Lieve (stream)
Beautiful comeback album, offering more deconstructed and darker take on his ethereal trademark sound.
- Mater Suspiria Vision - Kosmische Musik (stream)
MSV crafted here a captivating and transcendental listening experience, working equally well both on and off screen (it's a soundtrack to Cosmotropia de Xam's latest movie "The House That Eats The Rabbit"), that can be recommended to all fan of dystopian electronic music.
- DEPRESSED040 - I Have No Worth And I Must Die (stream)
Dark and gritty return of the Swedish gravewavers. Noisy, heavy and brutally honest, released in one of the most striking packaging I've seen in years.
- V▲LH▲LL - Neversleep (stream)
New album from V▲LH▲LL is their best one yet, with their signature witchy sound heavily inspired by the 80s electro/synthpop wave. Experiencing it is like listening to the original, creepy brothers Grimm fairy tales - being both excited and uncomfortably anxious at the same time, and I'm all for it.
- Abstract Nympho - Demon Sex Dreams (stream)
Possessed and unpredictable, this first experimental album from Abstract Nympho is a brilliant trip and a reminder of the DIY online community ethos a decade ago. Fans of early, improv days of Modern Witch and MSV pay attention.
- White Ring - Show Me Heaven (stream)
Solid sophomore album from Witch House pioneers, this time venturing into heavier, grunge-influenced territories.