VOCALSSS

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
redsoldier

VOCALSSS

Post Posted

Some one please help me with resources for isolated vocals, I've been looking literally everywhere but apparently they're fucking non existent or something. The style I'm going for is a Sidewalks and Skeletons sound. Any help would be appreciated ! !
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: VOCALSSS

Post Posted

I think Jake collabs with people for his vocals, they're not really samples. But you can prob find some accapella packs on soulseek? My answer would be to be creative, steal and don't get caught;)
▲Sidewalks▲

Post Posted

Hey! S&S here.
Sometimes I sample vocals and warp them in my own way, always adding a lot of fx - like reverb, delay, chorus, etc.

Other times I work with vocalists specifically for the tracks. So for an example of this - on my track "Goth", I asked the vocalist from LOV3RS if she would record some vocals for it if I sent the lyrics, she said yeah, and it was that simple! I wrote the lyrics and sent them over, she recorded her vocals dry (no fx), then sent them to me and I put them into the track where I wanted them and added all my fx!

Hope this helps in some way! 🖤
- Jake / Sidewalks and Skeletons
redsoldier

Post Posted

▲Sidewalks▲ wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 12:19 pm Hey! S&S here.
Sometimes I sample vocals and warp them in my own way, always adding a lot of fx - like reverb, delay, chorus, etc.

Other times I work with vocalists specifically for the tracks. So for an example of this - on my track "Goth", I asked the vocalist from LOV3RS if she would record some vocals for it if I sent the lyrics, she said yeah, and it was that simple! I wrote the lyrics and sent them over, she recorded her vocals dry (no fx), then sent them to me and I put them into the track where I wanted them and added all my fx!

Hope this helps in some way! 🖤
You are a G for that honestly, first you like both of my Instagram comments and now you're actually helping me make music ;-; I'll be forever grateful, thank you!
redsoldier

Post Posted

zin wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 9:33 am I think Jake collabs with people for his vocals, they're not really samples. But you can prob find some accapella packs on soulseek? My answer would be to be creative, steal and don't get caught;)
Thank you! I was just having trouble with the first step lol, I ask my vocalist friends all the time but they just waste time
Bedtime Stories

Post Posted

I won't be that much of an help as I am recording my own vocals, but I guess most of vocals in WH come from samples with a lot of EQs and various effects
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Bedtime Stories wrote: May 4th, 2020, 10:03 am I won't be that much of an help as I am recording my own vocals, but I guess most of vocals in WH come from samples with a lot of EQs and various effects
holy shit I didn't know you do all the vocals
Magikarp

Post Posted

Stem packs, including vocals: https://remixpacks.ru/?s=