(2010 May 13) EverythingIsChemical publishes 'EIC's 10Q's w/ o0o00'

The Archive is a place dedicated to documenting and preserving the history of Witch House.
zin
ɅDM†N

(2010 May 13) EverythingIsChemical publishes 'EIC's 10Q's w/ o0o00'

Post Posted

Orginal link:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120119153 ... o0o00.html
Click to read
EIC'S10Q'S w/o0o00

Thursday, May 13, 2010

"..Drum machine beats that sound "Hip-Hoppy" are meshed & entangled underneath a vast array of washed out dank synths, deviant vocal samples, cold-steel manufactured tropospheres, and a few modern Pop samples that give this aphotic beast the pinch of modified elation it needs.."

o0o00
Cabalistic Amalgamated Nebulous

o0o00 Bio:
Miss Lisa resides in San Franciso. The rest is a mystery..

Hello, how are you?
OK, I guess. a little sick.

What are you currently listening to?
Connie Smith, Tammy Wynette, this song called "Baby Love" by Regina. I really like the new Twin Sister EP.

Ok, I‘m sure you get this all the time, but what‘s up with the band name?
The O's look like smoke signal, or zeros, or vacantness. Total lack. I've always thought band names were corny, so I guess this is my way of trying to avoid one, but really its only made people more focused on it.

Your album "No Summr4U" is pretty unique, was there any specific band/genre of music that influenced you the most when you made it?
I made those songs over the course of a year, so a lot of different things shaped them. It doesn't really feel like an "album" to me. The songs are pretty independent of one another. I was trying to find a sound I liked through a handful of experiments.

What do you think of the name “Drag“ for a genre?
It's fine, but it seems less like a genre to me than a mood that transcends genres. I guess the pitched down vocals are a pretty specific aesthetic quality in a lot of "drag," and a lot of it is really slow, but other than that, what really defines it sonically? Country can be drag. Punk can be drag.

What kind of music were you writing before o0o00?
I was playing some pretty dark folk music for a while. I'm sort of in love w/Jana hunter. But I hate guitars, especially acoustic ones, so it didn't really work out for me. I think i love JH cuz she makes the most amazing music on my least favorite instrument.

Is there a full length album in the works?
There's an EP coming out on Tri Angle, probably in the early summer. Maybe a full-length later in the year, but I can't think that far ahead.

Have you done any cover songs under this moniker? You should.
"NoSummr4U" is a cover. The music is totally different, but I stole the chorus and most of the verse words.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
Burial "Untrue".

Are you living your dream?
My dreams/desires don't really correspond with any attainable reality, so no.

Thanx Chris!

o0o00 is about to release an EP on the much "buzzed about" label Tri Angle, look for that soon...

Posted by maestro.-.mischief

Labels: 10 questions with, burial, connie smith, dark, drag, electronic, jana hunter, o0o00, regina, tammy wynette, tri angle, twin sister, witch house

Tags: