(2012 Jul 30) EverythingIsChemical publishes 'EIC's 10Q's w/ Unison'

The Archive is a place dedicated to documenting and preserving the history of Witch House.
zin
ɅDM†N

(2012 Jul 30) EverythingIsChemical publishes 'EIC's 10Q's w/ Unison'

Post Posted

Original link:
http://eictest.blogspot.com/2012/07/eic ... nison.html
Click to read
EIC's 10Q's w/ Unison

Monday, July 30, 2012

"..a creepy fairytale.."

Unison
Spectral Electron

Unison Bio:
Unison are a French Witch House duo that started in 2008 and released their first eponymous full-length album 'Unison' on the 10th of April, 2012 through Lentonia Records. They also have one EP titled 'Outside' and some remix EP’s also available. They’ve remixed like-minded artists such as White Ring and have collaborated with Ritualz on his CDR release.

Hello, how are you?
Melanie & Julien: It's going well and you?
EIC: I am well, thanks!;]

What are you currently listening to?
UNISON: A lot of old bands of the 90s like Sebadoh, Dinosaur JR, old Mercury Rev… And also some recent stuff. Lots of different genres, all the time. Lots of music. Lately we hear a lot of EDH's last album (Emmanuelle De Hericourt). On the same label as our album (Lentonia Records). The last Kap Bambino is also really good. And again and again My Bloody Valentine, SALEM, Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada, The Third Eye Foundation, Cercueil, Deleted Sin, Astrobrite, Clark, Die Antwoord, Young Prisms, Lilys, Whirr/Whirl, Teenage Filmstars, The Radio Dept., Pictureplane, Julee Cruise & David Lynch, Kindness, Iceage, Heaviness, Grimes, Drake & Lil Wayne, Tearist, Light Asylum, Ritualz, White Ring, Telepathe, Sexy Sushi & Mansfield Tya,, Scratch Massive, Fugazi, old Rye Coalition, old Hardcore Punk, some Grindcore & Death Metal & Black Metal, some Crunk & Dirty South & Chicago Rap & Juke etc…

Care to shed some light on the band name?
Melanie: Unison means us against the world. It depends. Sometimes it is the desire to bring people together in the only valid religion; Love. And sometimes it is the desire to destroy everything.

LOVE the new album, care to tell us a little bit about it; theme, recording process, likes/dislikes, etc.?
Julien: The album has been build in a very natural way, gradually. Sequences on the laptop, with plenty of plugins, sounds and ideas. I sometimes wake in the night to write down ideas that I dream. The main goal was to contrast the wall of sound and the sweet voice of Melanie. This is the heart of Unison.

Will you be touring to support said release?
Julien: As much as we can. Melanie and Christian (who joined us on stage) have a job. We have to do with this parameter.

What do you think of the genre "Witch House/Drag" and do you feel you fall under that title?
Melanie: Fewer and fewer people speak of these names. And more and more people speak of Unison. Which is cool:) We are pleased to have been part of this scene when it was valid and interesting. Now we say we do Deathgaze, that’s a sort of joke but we like this “genre” name. We do Shoegaze, melted with electronic sounds.

Got any other projects we should know about ?
Julien: I try to live by making music. To write for shows, movies etc. ... But Unison is really a BIG thing for us.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
UNISON: My Bloody Valentine's 'Loveless'

Are you living your dream?
UNISON: Yes, and our nightmares too.

Thanx Josh & Unison!

Unison are currently/slightly under the radar, become obsessed NOW...

Posted by Brent

Labels: 10 questions with, astrobrite, david lynch, edh, lentonia records, my bloody valentine, ritualz, salem, unison, white ring, witch house

Tags: