Tenderness of Wolves - Demo​:​MMXX (2020)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Tenderness of Wolves - Demo​:​MMXX (2020)

Post by zin »

1. Death
2. Devil
3. Anatomy of Terror
4. Satanic Panic
5. Bonus Track

Download / stream:
https://thetendernessofwolves.bandcamp. ... /demo-mmxx

Demo from The Tenderness of Wolves (or is it just Tenderness of Wolves?), I figured they've been active here lately so it's worth sharing their music. The EP opens with "Death", dark atmospheric ambient piece, led by melancholic piano and thumping drums, and backed with haunted gospel wailing, that immediately made me think of White Horse's epic Revenant Gospels LP. Up next is "Devil", which feels like falling down from the purgatory to the bottom of the hell, all to an accompaniment of a choir of lost souls. "Anatomy of Terror" follows up this vibe, with dark brooding synth matched with titular vocal sample. "Satanic Panic" sounds like something that could easily be pulled from our Witch-House.com presents: Communion compilation, slow menacing beat led by faded buzzing synth. It has a bit of an early Dazed Marrow vibe mixed with ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ. The bonus track is a drone transmission, set somewhere between a dream and reality, great way to wrap up the release.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: Tenderness of Wolves - Demo​:​MMXX (2020)

Post by zin »

tendernessofwolves wrote: May 11th, 2021, 9:31 am Thank you!
So, what's the deal with the 'The' article? is it part of your name? ;D
WraithVeil

Post by WraithVeil »

zin wrote: May 11th, 2021, 10:54 am
We demand answers!

But as I said before, I really enjoyed hearing this the other night. :hy: Even more so once I fixed my glitching interface and heard it as it was meant to be heard :|
tendernessofwolves

Post by tendernessofwolves »

zin wrote: May 11th, 2021, 10:54 am
Yes and no. Basically I was planning on putting out music under the name Tenderness of Wolves as it is one of my favourite tracks by Coil. I'd sat on the idea for years and googled it periodically to make sure no one else was using it. Then the day before I created the bandcamp page for my demo I see an artist from France had put a single record out under the moniker. I was pissed off and just to differentiate I added 'The' for my page, and just to further confuse things I added it to my website too, but left it as Tenderness of Wolves everywhere else :-P
tendernessofwolves

Here's a preview track from the EP I'm currently working on that's been featured on a recent compilation:

https://gothcityrecords.bandcamp.com/tr ... nd-version

I'm likely going to give it a different mix for the actual EP release.
tendernessofwolves

Two new singles out. Both reworked from the previous Demo release and will be featured on the forthcoming album 'Atra Mors' that will be released next year.

I think there will be another single release from the album early next year, as well as a non-album single (and music video) I'm aiming to get out around new years.

Image Image
https://thetendernessofwolves.bandcamp.com/

Zin posted some nice words about the first single over on Mutant Zones as well: https://mutantzones.blogspot.com/2021/1 ... devil.html :hy:
yaka-anima

Post by yaka-anima »

great ep, i like all the tracks, especially Anatomy of Terror & Bonus Track. very dark and ritualistic sound. cheers! happy 2022!
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost: