K↑↑ng K△▼os - Quantum Mysticism (2020)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

K↑↑ng K△▼os - Quantum Mysticism (2020)

Post by zin »

1. Why Don't You Die
2. Law Of Contagion
3. Stregheria
4. Fama Fraternitatis
5. Insidious Demon
6. Take With You This Endless Night
7. I Blame You
8. The Witches Blade
9. Tetrahydrocannabinol

Free download:
https://ek4t3.bandcamp.com/album/k-ng-k ... -mysticism

EK4T3 brings "Quantum Mysticism" - expanded to an album format K↑↑ng K△▼os EP, with 5 new tracks. The confusing part for me is that this project is advertised as "Witch House / Electro Dark music", but the dark electro element is almost non-existent - the whole LP is drowning in trappy hi-hats and saw synths. My review of the EP pretty much covered the first half of the album. Unfortunately the latter half suffers from the same issues - with one, or maybe two exceptions. "Take With You This Endless Night" is a definite highlight of the whole LP, replacing the boring trap drum patterns that plague the album, and instead delving into the industrial / dark electro territory, bringing a breath of fresh air. Standing at +7min long, one could expect the track could get repetitive, but it actually holds up pretty welll. I hope Kvvos will explore more of that on his next projects. "Tetrahydrocannabinol" is another solid production, with its giallo atmosphere and heavy bass it serves well as the final chapter to the LP. Obviously the album is not bad, I can hear a lot of work went into crafting it, but I fear it will not stand out when looking back at other 2020 productions.