Miss Astro Spook - Writhe (2020)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Miss Astro Spook - Writhe (2020)

Post by zin »

1. Dead Before You Hit The Ground
2. Adrift in The Macabre
3. Writhe
4. Cryonics In A Heat Wave
5. Condemned
6. Reminscient of a Time Forgotten
7. LADY DEATH //
8. Fiiilthy
9. Wish you Were Here // (MissAstroSpook x vYv)
10. Fail To Recognize
11. Rotting In This Asylum
12. Ruinsphere (200bpm)
13. LivingInTheNoseBleedz
14. Nytemare In A Dream
15. Your Destination Is Under Water
16. RottenFear
17. Forbidden.Ritual
18. d r o p d e d / in / A Pile of Scabz
19. Heavy Thoughtz
20. avantgardeimpromptumakeshiftjamatahipsterhousepartyinsaintpaul
21. ABRACADABRA!
22. IckyMethods
23. Wandering Backwardz

what cursed images sound like / some critics have called WRITHE |halloween sound effects on acid| / a compilation of MAS songs before 2020 fizzles out
https://missastrospook.bandcamp.com/album/writhe

Not sure how I came across this, but it's advertised by the artist as an album archiving tracks composed and recorded between 2017 and now. We get 23 recordings in total, from experimental improvs, zonked recordings (very much in the vein of Ectoplasm-Girls) and otherworldly glitches, to random vocals tests and interpretations (a'la early Hype Williams). There's a bit of industrial, dark ambient, glitchy spoken word, noise, diy-core and everything in between here, with Miss Astro Spook serving as the medium between all those auditory worlds. One way or another, it does feel a bit like an early 2010 era witchhouse, when no one knew what they are doing, and there was a shrouded charm to it. Unfortunately there are a lot of fillers on "Writhe" that should've probably stayed in the drafts folder, and reworked later. I feel like MAS works best when trying to channel haunted ambient vibes and drones, and I'd actually like to hear an EP from her in that style. My personal highlights are "Condemned" and "LADY DEATH //".