CRAVE - Save Room : Fucked In Ashwood Heights (2020)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

CRAVE - Save Room : Fucked In Ashwood Heights (2020)

Post by zin »

1. Infested Mall, Death & Nostalgia (Hex Street, 54-60 - Wastelands)
2. 10 Thousand Pine Boxes (The Bridge Is Blocked)
3. Helicopter Parts, 0.9mm, Unidentified Body & Police Uniform (Alcudia Rd, 18 — Scavenging Area)
4. Paradise Hotel (Reservoir Street, 16 - Red Zone)
5. Hidden Armory (Locust St. 2)
6. Triggered Smell (Gas Station's Resting Area)
7. 7 11's Locked Office (Virginia St. 3- Back Door )
8. Gas Leak Tactic (Lenwood Road, 3 - Wendy's Diner — Scavenging Zone)
All tracks produced and mixed by CRAVE.
Mastering by Connor R.

This is the first chapter of a serie of "Save Rooms". The idea behind it is coming from the first "Resident Evil" and "Silent Hill" video games.For those who don't know what a save room is, it's basically a room where you can save your game and it is the only place where you are safe.
"Ashwood Heights" is the North part of a fictive town that Im building (on n off) since a while now. I project facts from my life & from fucked up dreams in it and I try to imagine how these events would evolve together in a non existent space, then I record what could be the soundtrack of it.I like it twisted.
Each track of the album is a location from Ashwood Heights. Next to each titles of the tracks, you'll find the name of a street.I will share drawings of the map soon.The whole map of the city will be reveled slowly, through the different chapters released.
Enjoy X
Buy:
https://alldogsad.bandcamp.com/album/sa ... od-heights

So I sat down to listen to this album and write a review, without reading the press info CRAVE wrote about the release. Half way through my first listen I'm like, damn this have stroooong horror video game OST vibes. Then I read the note, and here we are :nocomm: If muzak is lift music, how is save room music called? Great collection of cinematic ambient flavoured with some contemporary classical elements and Houston's screw tributes. CRAVE is one of my fav conceptual artists out there, hands down.