White Ring - Show Me Heaven (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

White Ring - Show Me Heaven (2021)

Post by zin »

1. Light Hours Linger
2. I Need A Way
3. They Say Something
4. Calm Down
5. Drop
6. Got U
7. Friendly Children’s Programming
8. Fake Fuck
9. Loose
10. Safe (Slow Molly Mix)
11. Dagger III
12. Charm
13. Tower
14. Affray

Pre-order:
https://whitering.bandcamp.com/album/show-me-heaven

Out on Rocket Girl, I assume? The opening track "Light Hours Linger" is a dreamy ethereal ballad, that brings back fond memories of Sleep ∞ Over from their iconic "Outer Limits" single. It is followed up (and contrasted) with a heavier and grungier "I Need A Way", fans of Jonny Teardop hands up. Bryan has been teasing his guitar skills since the release of "Chaind Volume 2", and followed up on the recent Slow Burned tape, so I'm not surprised to hear this shift in sound. New is always exciting. Looking forward to the rest of the album :twisted:

lævita

Re: White Ring - Show Me Heaven (2021)

Post by lævita »

great news
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

White Ring announced a release of a limited lyrics booklet for "Show Me Heaven", alongside some new merch items :arrow: https://www.boundmfg.com/

Full color zine on black paper featuring images and lyrics from Show Me Heaven 

Limited edition. Pre order ends Dec 26th //ships in January//
Order the zine here: https://www.boundmfg.com/product-page/s ... lyric-book

Looking back at 2021 and 2022, I must say this album didn't get much attention, and I think it definitely deserves more recognition. IMHO it's the most daring album from WR, sonically exploring new territories that give the LP a futuristic, dystopian and industrial vibe. EBM in particular feels like a main inspiration for a good chunk of the production here (and tbh vocals too), giving the tracks this cold, underground feel. Bryan seems to venture in the same direction Fostercare was once going, but takes a completely different path to get there (read: doesn't sound anything like him).
When "I Need A Way" dropped I was seriously expecting to hear more heavier guitar sound on the LP, but surprisingly there's not much of it ("Fake Fuck" and "Affray" only come to mind). The classic witch house sound of White Ring is dope when it comes at the foreground ("Dagger III" is so good). The ghostly ballads are good, but nothing beats my favourite track on the album, the very first single - "Light Hours Linger" - it's perfection.

Also "Friendly Children’s Programming" sounds like something from a 90s hackers movie lol, I love this interlude.
STRFLL

Post by STRFLL »

Hands down one of my favourite albums of all time tbh.

super ecstatic that they're gonna put out a lyric book, it's gonna be interesting to see how much my own interpretation of the album differs from the actual lyrics. The new merch capsule is dope as fuck too, they've only gotten doper with their merch.

so yea, great stuff