HENRI VICTORIOUS - URLiens (2014)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
henrivictorious

HENRI VICTORIOUS - URLiens (2014)

Post by henrivictorious »

Yeow, Henri here again. Just want to cross post this album to the forums as it largely went under the radar when it came out. Also, this forum is sort of an archive for me if my website where to ever go down or if anything was to happen to me.

This album was really important to me and was what you could argue to be my unofficial "debut". It's poorly mixed/mastered but this was simply a young Henri dumping a range of ptsd, manic depression and adhd on wax. Every song had a theme to issues I was dealing with at the time and thus, is incredibly personal to me. I wrote a pretty vague facebook status at the time with each song and it's respective state of mind. I believe this was my way of craving to be understood, I find it hard to articulate my emotions outside of music, must be why I have been so addicted to this profession for the last 9 years. In retrospect however, I think I'd prefer the listener to create there own relation with each of the songs instead of needing to be understood anymore.

I worked a lot with Tired Tiger on these tracks, and his input can't be underestimated. Thank you tiger for being a friend that I could bounce song ideas off during that difficult time in my life.

Free download on Bandcamp : https://henrivictorious.bandcamp.com/al ... liens-2014

1. HENRI VICTORIOUS & Tired Tiger - icantbreathe [05:39]
Spoiler
Anxiety

2. touch me (HENRI VICTORIOUS remix) [04:34]
Spoiler
Mania

3. u never need me (HENRI VICTORIOUS remix) [04:07]
Spoiler
Lust/Obsession

4. cant drown my demons they know how to swim (HENRI VICTORIOUS remix) [03:40]
Spoiler
Mania

5. 01483 [02:41]
Spoiler
Depression

6. all in ur head [05:10]
Spoiler
Mania

7. the sky is blue and im alive (HENRI VICTORIOUS remix) [02:37]
Spoiler
Euphoria

8. HENRI VICTORIOUS & Tired Tiger - lie//awake!! [04:25]
Spoiler
Acceptance, Album resolution

i. cant sleep (Bandcamp Bonus Track) (bonus) 04:24

Thank you to all those who rocked with me since the beginning, although a lot of you have faded from my instagram dms, I wish you nothing but the best in life.

You Are Victorious.. forever. Change tha world !!!
It'll work out in the end 💜

The Original Artwork for URLiens. Was later not used due to Henri not being able to find the original artist/photographer.

"URLiens was ahead of it's time. Psychosis inducing witchhouse/trap/electronic hybrid, URLiens consists of originals by HENRI VICTORIOUS along side HENRI VICTORIOUS' remixes of songs by Tired Tiger. The mix down is harsh, the bass is maxed and distorting but URLiens doesn't care. This album was an emptying of emotion. Emotions aren't always pretty and this album reflects that.

This album grabs you by both of your ears and screams."

"Dreamy, wonderful, helping me transcend a global insanity that shows no sign of abating." Favorite track: icantbreathe. - evilhippo
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: HENRI VICTORIOUS - URLiens (2014)

Post by zin »

Listening to it now, will buy it on Bandcamp Friday :)
henrivictorious

Re: HENRI VICTORIOUS - URLiens (2014)

Post by henrivictorious »

zin wrote: February 26th, 2021, 12:48 pm Listening to it now, will buy it on Bandcamp Friday :)
I'm honored! Thank you for the support Zin :hy: