D E P R E S S E D 0 4 0 - I Have No Worth And I Must Die (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

D E P R E S S E D 0 4 0 - I Have No Worth And I Must Die (2021)

Post Posted

1. Prologue (Dryad)
2. Jag och Du 4-ever
3. Blood Heaven x S1RENZ
4. I Wanna Die
5. Diazepam
6. (un)happy x S1RENZ
7. I Have No Worth And I Must Die x SIDEWALKS AND SKELETONS
8. Upp i Det Blå
9. Kill The Child
10. Structure of Self-Destruction x SIDEWALKS AND SKELETONS
Nyckeharpa on Prologue (Dryad) by Axel Brandt
Cover photos by Cim Sävel
Guitar samples on Jag och Du 4-ever, I have No Worth And I Must Die & Structure of Self-Destruction by Sadness (Damián Antón Ojeda)
Buy / stream:
https://nightterrorsmusiclabel.bandcamp ... t-die-n-12
https://depressed040.bandcamp.com/album ... i-must-die

New album from D040, follow up to excellent Hero from 2019. It came out in March this year, but only now I managed to buy it and listen to it. Postponing it actually paid off, because they ~just~ released a cassette tape version of the LP, available to buy from their Bandcamp page. It's pricey, but I think it's worth it. Review to follow.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: D E P R E S S E D 0 4 0 - I Have No Worth And I Must Die (2021)

Post Posted

My cassette arrived today, and it's probably the most uncomfortable release I have in my possession. The hand-numbered box holding the tape is splashed with red substance that resembles blood (it does get crusty and crumbles like dry blood). Inside, except from the tape, there's a DVD with a "Jag och Du 4-ever" videoclip, a razorblade, a used bandage soaked in this red substance, a note from the band (once again splashed with a bit of blood) and an insert with, what I assume is, a photo of self-harmed arm. I fucking hate realistic gore, so this whole thing gave me shivers. I mean with this album title, I guess one couldn't expect less, but goddamnit this is next level physical release.

Photos of the boxset:
Click to view
My review of the album coming soon.
churchterror

Post Posted

damn
very atmospheric
cryptic_colored

Post Posted

Jesus I bet the neighbors were a little concerned when they saw your mail that day hahaha
˖˚ ͙✩ 𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 𖤐 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼 ✩ ͙˚˖
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

cryptic_colored wrote: August 11th, 2021, 4:33 pm Jesus I bet the neighbors were a little concerned when they saw your mail that day hahaha
it was wrapped in an envelope so all good, but my gf is like :shock:
WraithVeil

Post Posted

zin wrote: August 4th, 2021, 8:43 pm My cassette arrived today, and it's probably the most uncomfortable release I have in my possession. The hand-numbered box holding the tape is splashed with red substance that resembles blood (it does get crusty and crumbles like dry blood). Inside, except from the tape, there's a DVD with a "Jag och Du 4-ever" videoclip, a razorblade, a used bandage soaked in this red substance, a note from the band (once again splashed with a bit of blood) and an insert with, what I assume is, a photo of self-harmed arm. I fucking hate realistic gore, so this whole thing gave me shivers. I mean with this album title, I guess one couldn't expect less, but goddamnit this is next level physical release.
My review of the album coming soon.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's some kvlt stuff!