SORC3RY - CHRYSALIS (2020)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
yaka-anima

SORC3RY - CHRYSALIS (2020)

Post by yaka-anima »

The latest SORC3RY release is in the same line of his/her (i don't know the genre) previous work, but maybe more lightness and new age:
free download it from his bandcamp:
https://sorc3ry.bandcamp.com/album/chrysalis

A very prolific composer and someone who i admire a lot. The discography on his bandcamp is just partial. the rest of his releases are on Phantasma Disques, Hexx9, EK4T3 and Witch Spectra.

His work is maybe a mixture of witch house, new age, crypt hop, goth ethereal.

Totally apart the artist is releasing music since a couple of years ago under the moniker Subnano (wave, synthwave, ambient) in a french netlabel called KNGS:
https://kngs.bandcamp.com/album/infinity
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost:
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: SORC3RY - CHRYSALIS (2020)

Post by zin »

Holy shit, I started playing first track, and did not realise that in the background I had Soundcloud on as well, that stopped after listening to a normal track, and then an advert came on. It was the most surreal experience, the opening track Bowls is quite dreamy ambient production, and paired with a brisk voiceover advertising some insurance policy it just sounded so weird. Full You are listening to Los Angeles vibes.

Haven't listened to SORC3RY in a long while, I have their PD albums in collection, but somehow never been a huge fan. Maybe I never properly digested those albums (time to catch up I guess). "Chrysalis" overall sounds quite minimalistic, which sometimes is quite refreshing, I feel like producers tend to overload their tracks these days. It's like a dungeon synth mixed with lo-fi trap and witch house. "Bright Shadow" is my jam here, juxtaposing keys that bring to mind some Italian giallo soundtrack with modern trap beats works pretty great.
yaka-anima wrote: August 28th, 2021, 8:14 pm Totally apart the artist is releasing music since a couple of years ago under the moniker Subnano (wave, synthwave, ambient) in a french netlabel called KNGS
Thanks for the info, did not know that