ΣΕΘ (SET) - Nobody Belongs ft. Lunarfluxx (Remixes) (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

ΣΕΘ (SET) - Nobody Belongs ft. Lunarfluxx (Remixes) (2021)

Post Posted

1. Nobody Belongs ft Lunarfluxx (Original Mix)
2. Nobody Belongs ft Lunarfluxx (Shhadows Remix)
3. Nobody Belongs ft Lunarfluxx (datatab Remix)
4. Nobody Belongs ft Lunarfluxx (SØLVE Remix)

Buy / stream:
https://remissionentertainment.bandcamp ... xx-remixes

New remix maxi-single from Set, courtesy of Re:Mission Entertainment. The original mix, released for the first time in March as a standalone single, gives off serious Drive soundtrack vibes, hearing it for the first time made me feel like I've known this track for years. Synthwave goodness with pop appeal. Having Shhadows to remix it must've been a natural choice for Set and/or the label - his own remix of "Under Your Spell" from last year's Renewal EP still gets plays in my stereo. That being said, his edit of "Nobody Belongs" is a bit less melodic than the original track - instead it sounds more otherworldly and seems inspired by 90s dance music and early synth (bringing to mind early works of MEO). Datatab took me completely by surprise, serving a slab of banging techno that could be easily pulled out of the present-day Clandestine Recs catalogue, rendering the source material almost unrecognizable. The final remix comes from SØLVE, who takes a step back, slows the pace down and adds his signature dark synths, meticulously arranged drums and keys + manages to seamlessly blend in an oddly fitting quote from "Breakfast At Tiffany's" halfway through the track - making his remix my fav version of the lot. Really solid release, check it out.