still ∞ alive - Shadowpet (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
stillalive

still ∞ alive - Shadowpet (2021)

Post by stillalive »

zin
ɅDM†N

Re: still ∞ alive - Shadowpet (2021)

Post by zin »

Thanks for sharing @stillalive, I'm actually at this place where I feel overwhelmed with trap/bass music crossovers. Tbh my fav moment of the track is the dark ambience from 3:35 to 3:49, I'm a sucker for atmospheric moments like this :D The vocal sample definitely gives the track its own personality. Not a big fan of the EDM synth (whatever you call it, the one that's on from 2:00 - 2:10 for example), sounds like something that's been done many times before. The track makes me think a bit of IC3PEAK, sans the trap beats. Actually I'd like to hear this "Shadowpet" without the drums, or at least without those trappy rollls.

Btw I've had a look at your Soundcloud, quite a few tracks have a Free Download button that leads to broken page The Artist Union - they did shut down a while ago - just a heads up :)
stillalive

Post by stillalive »

@zin - yeah i feel you there, its funny cause that atmospheric part is the most like stuff i used to make when i first started, which was totally ambient/experimental but didnt have any direction. in terms of my reasoning for the inclusion of trappy shit - ive thought on this a lot and found that when i tried too hard to make every single aspect of my songs as "original" as possible, they'd almost get lost in a void of ego where the listener may not have enough sliver of familiarity to connect with. I've found that you almost have to add certain tropes just as a way of having some "anchors" if you will, in reference with the rest of track, and the rest of those perspective genres as well. I just progressed to the point of feeling like the only point for me is to make stuff I'd personally want to listen to, and that involves separating my indulgence my own ego too much; cause I find more enjoyment when my stuff sounds like it came from someone else that I would listen to or be inspired by.

you'll probably like some stuff thats in my upcoming album more- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVmf9w4DuiE&t=3s
stillalive

Post by stillalive »

@zin I guess I could've just put it more simply as the trap shit being an homage to the witch house stuff i like lol