Edith Underground - Heaven's Night (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Edith Underground - Heaven's Night (2021)

Post Posted

1. Born From A Wish
2. Gabapentin
3. Can I Turn U On?
4. I Am, If You Want Me To Be
5. Heaven's Night
6. Withering Touch
7. DreamLand
8. Remember, It Felt Like This Before?
9. Never Alone
10. Yr Wrld Is My Wrld
11. The Return of Lady Maria
12. Body Morph
13. PTV
14. Backrooms
this project was birthed from silent hill 2, my summer isolated in chicago and a ketamine bender that ruined my life for good. heaven's night is my own purgatory.

<3 vida eterna,
muerte rapida <3
Buy:
https://edithunderground.bandcamp.com/a ... vens-night

https://edithunderground.bandcamp.com/a ... vens-night

The album we didn't know we wanted, but the one we needed. Witch house artists have always been trying to embrace and experiment with the rave culture. From early Mater Suspiria Vision's Zombie Rave mixtapes, to CRIM3S' warehouse parties, to Mascara with his album "Heru-Ra-Ha", dance music in one way or another was always part of the witch house scene.
After two iconic video mixtapes last year, this is Edith's first proper longplay since leaving behind her Internet GF alias in 2019. While the preceding (and gloriously outrageous) single "Host" could be seen as a prelude to what's we're being offered on "Heaven's Night", I don't think anyone was ready for this 360° underground club experience. If you're looking for basic trap beats and saw synths, you can stop reading right now, the album is way past those artificially constructed frames of witch house some may be expecting from a thread on this forum. Thank Satan.
For a long while now, Edith's music has been drifting away from her early, obscure witchy bedroom roots I first fell in love with on the "Teen Witch" tape, towards dark and gloomy dancefloor bangers, channelling club & rave music from the 90s. From trance, through jungle and breakbeat, to techno and classic house (with a bold JB sample there, love it, Nike7up fans pay attention), "Heaven's Night" is like doing drugs, going to a nightclub you've never been to before and having time of your life... only to be slapped in your face by a glimpse of reality heralded by "The Return of Lady Maria". But the drugs haven't worn off yet, so soon after that we're diving only deeper and darker - "Body Morph", "PTV" and "Backrooms" are on some next level futuristic techno tip. Seriously the way the final track finishes I feel like someone put the lights up in the club at 5am. But no need to go home, just click replay - the intro track is even better second time around.
Future classic, people will be asking where were u in '21 when "Heaven's Night" dropped?