Zafruan - The Vestige // The Void (2017)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Zafruan - The Vestige // The Void (2017)

Post Posted

1. The Vestige
2. The Void

https://zafruan.bandcamp.com/album/the-vestige-the-void

Zafruan is a producer from Australia, who I discovered thanks to his submission for our compilation The Other Side four years ago. His track made the cut but, I have to admit, I never properly delved into his catalogue. Until today.
"The Vestige // The Void" is a 2017 halloween treat. On one side we get an unsettling drone/ambient composition that starts quite innocent and almost dreamy before taking a turn and channeling creepier vibes. Second track, "The Void", is more intense and experimental, blending noise, hiphop beats and obscure samples into something special that's hard to even pin down with words. Awesome release.
yaka-anima

Re: Zafruan - The Vestige // The Void (2017)

Post Posted

i like it a lot! i also discovered this artist in the other side compilation. And he make excellent atmospheres and spooky drones. also some dark beats. looking forward for new material of this artist. i remember other great similar project also from Australia called: Hollow Press. come directly to my mind listening the work of Zafruan.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost:
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

yaka-anima wrote: October 21st, 2021, 10:44 pm i remember other great similar project also from Australia called: Hollow Press. come directly to my mind listening the work of Zafruan.
Hollow Press was (is?) great, more noisy in terms of production. He was actually an active member of this forum under the name @SH∆UN
yaka-anima

Post Posted

yes sorry my bad english. i hope someday reach a better level. even my spanish is awful as chilean we have our own modism.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost: