Alice Glass - Prey//IV (2022)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Alice Glass - Prey//IV (2022)

Post by zin »

1. PREY
2. PINNED BENEATH LIMBS
3. LOVE IS VIOLENCE
4. BABY TEETH
5. EVERYBODY ELSE
6. THE HUNTED
7. FAIR GAME
8. WITCH HUNT
9. SUFFER AND SWALLOW
10. SUFFER IN PEACE
11. ANIMOSITY
12. I TRUSTED YOU
13. SORROW ENDS

https://aliceglass.bandcamp.com/album/prey-iv

3 singles so far, album is out on Alice's label Eating Glass Recs on January 28, 2022.

WraithVeil

Re: Alice Glass - Prey//IV (2022)

Post by WraithVeil »

Suffer And Swallow is on my high rotation playlist.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

new single, this one is dark as fuck, but I'm all for it, cannot wait for the LP

nniki

Post by nniki »

https://aliceglass.bandcamp.com/album/prey-iv
how do you guys feel about this new release? tbh kinda disappointed but, i do like that she's still sticking to genres like witch house. 'THE HUNTED' is definitely my favorite currently on the album because of it's lovely witch house synths.
also her tagging her album on bandcamp as traumacore is a bit cringe considering she's like 33 now lol...
the photoshoot for the album is really cool though!

zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

nniki wrote: February 16th, 2022, 1:39 amhow do you guys feel about this new release? tbh kinda disappointed but, i do like that she's still sticking to genres like witch house. 'THE HUNTED' is definitely my favorite currently on the album because of it's lovely witch house synths.
streaming now, loved most of the singles, so still hyped for it. did Jupiter produce all of the tracks?
nniki wrote: February 16th, 2022, 1:39 amalso her tagging her album on bandcamp as traumacore is a bit cringe considering she's like 33 now lol...
I don't know how her age is relevant here in terms of tagging the album traumacore?

nniki wrote: February 16th, 2022, 1:39 amthe photoshoot for the album is really cool though!
I just saw that Bandcamp says almost 300mb of exclusive additional content available for download after purchase - did you buy it? what's the hidden content? I'm broke this month, planning to bag this in March
nniki

Post by nniki »

idk i just personally don't like the whole idea of traumacore from the things i've seen from my times on tumblr. it's such a teenager thing so that's why i kinda cringe seeing adults take part in it. most of the posts are just hello kitty images with romanticization of abuse. that's just my opinion though.
i didn't buy it from bandcamp yet i will though if she sells her merch through there! i just saw the photoshoot from the stuff she's released on instagram and some fan pages on twitter and facebook! :)
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

My review of the album is here:
https://mutantzones.blogspot.com/2022/0 ... reyiv.html
After over 15 years on the music scene, we finally got the album I've been hyping up since last year, "Prey//IV" from Alice Glass. Produced in full by Jupiter Keyes, it is a continuation and expansion of the themes explored on her 2017 self-titled EP - "Prey consists of thirteen tracks filled brutal honesty, conquering demons of her past and dealing with subsequent trauma. Musically the LP goes all the way back to the Crystal Castles years, taking the best of that dark electro sound and reinventing it for the modern dancefloor era. Influences behind the throbbing beats that build the frame of the album range from techno and witchtronica, to current deconstructed bass music techniques. The way "Prey" is arranged makes it a satisfying journey from start to finish, so I'd say it's way better when consumed as a whole. Overall - it's a really really solid record, I have a feeling it will grow on me over the next few months and may even secure a spot on my end of year list... Alice and Jupiter get my stamp of approval, check it out.