PVTY KERRY - {Where We Are} (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
∆P/\K∆

PVTY KERRY - {Where We Are} (2021)

Post Posted

Hello you all
Ive loved being a part of this community for years now, I thought it may be time to add my own contribution.

On December 18th, 2021 I released my newest album "Where We Are" to Bandcamp exclusively. As much as I hear how we need to release our music elsewhere I cannot stray from the path set out in 2011. Releasing through Bandcamp, going to the community directly.

I hope we all had a beautiful Solstice
Bring this new year to its knees

https://pvtykerry.bandcamp.com/album/where-we-are

zin
ɅDM†N

Re: PVTY KERRY - {Where We Are} (2021)

Post Posted

Took me a while to reply here, but I finally sat down to write some thoughts about this album, track by track. Also completely maxxed out my free bandcamp streams, I guess need to buy this now XD

"Inota" - screwed Weeknd x Drake vibes with a vaporwave/newage'y feel
"i was cooling; illusion" - what a jam, this the shit I'd love to bump in a car in summer. Where are the vocals from, I KNOW these vocals, but can't click who is it
"where we were" - the track starts like some y2k trance/techno banger lol, but then the synth kicks in, followed by the beat and we get a fully fleshed out witch-trap track. reminds me of Mascara x Vandalaze x Wiicca
"Timing" - really digging that guitar strumming (is it guitar? some string instrument), it gives the track a melancholic vibe that's juxtaposed with the harsh synths and hiphop beat. I absolutely LOVE japanese take on hip-hop, especially their jazzy hip-hop, so I can totally imagine that could come out from Nomak for example
"Girlfriend (Chopped & Screwed)" - I find Kap G's original super annoying, this c'n's makes it bearable ;) it's a catchy beat and melody, but the dude's delivery is cringy as hell
"learned my lesson" - now this is an old school sounding jam, simple melody but with enough stuff happening around it that makes me occupied and entertained. I love the slow down half way thru the song, then the bells, and subsequent speeding up. I'm not sure if this is a remix of sorts or an original composition with sampled vocals; but anyway, dig it 100%. cannot figure out whose vocals are those though...
"viral suffering" - rom-pop r'n'b 00s vibe here lol, waiting for Neyo to start crooning any moment now
"Nydak {with love from VIDEL)" - down the heavy hitting rabbit hole again, also wtf is that a steel pan in the witch house song? is that a first? :shock: overall I've never been a huge fan of those fast and harsh witch tracks, I think they need a big dancefloor to appreciate them fully
"Tolme Iwaz (Cover My Memories in Daisies)" - love the sample, the drums, but this squishy synth at the beginning is annoying, when it fades the song gains a lot imho. Overall big big NIKE7Up vibez, god I miss good pop remixes, can dance around the room to this track, well done PVTY :loveit:
"truly my dear, i haven't disappeared" - a deserved dragged breather after the previous track, more of an interlude that all the time makes me thing it's building to something bigger only to stop
"¿oh?" - I quite like the retro-futurist sounds scattered around (glitchhouse) but the track itself is average, def too long for my taste

If I could trim this to an EP I'd love the shit ouf of this, as a 11-tracks long album it's good, with some ups and downs.