For Peace. Against War. Who Is Not? A Compilation For The People Of Ukraine

tendernessofwolves

For Peace. Against War. Who Is Not? A Compilation For The People Of Ukraine

Post Posted

New electronic music compilation from Component Record raising funds for Ukraine. 199 tracks.

https://componentrecordings.bandcamp.co ... of-ukraine

All proceeds from the sale of this compilation will be split evenly between the charities Vostok SOS and the Ukrainian Red Cross.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: For Peace. Against War. Who Is Not? A Compilation For The People Of Ukraine

Post Posted

I love the idea behind it, but frankly I HATE compilations that big. I'm not pointing fingers at this particular comp, I've seen quite a few releases like this over the last decade or so. I simply feel overwhelemed when trying to listen to them, personally I love structure, curation and some kind of art direction. I can understand why this type of release would get a 'everything goes' approach, but for me, as a listener, this doesn't work.

All that being said, the opening track is pretty great :P
tendernessofwolves

Re: For Peace. Against War. Who Is Not? A Compilation For The People Of Ukraine

Post Posted

zin wrote: March 19th, 2022, 12:10 pm I love the idea behind it, but frankly I HATE compilations that big. I'm not pointing fingers at this particular comp, I've seen quite a few releases like this over the last decade or so. I simply feel overwhelemed when trying to listen to them, personally I love structure, curation and some kind of art direction. I can understand why this type of release would get a 'everything goes' approach, but for me, as a listener, this doesn't work.

All that being said, the opening track is pretty great :P
I do agree that it is A LOT to process from as listener standpoint.

They could have perhaps split this into a few different volumes and that would have been a good way to make a bit more money for the causes as well.