Mater Suspiria Vision - Dysnomia (2013)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Mater Suspiria Vision - Dysnomia (2013)

Post Posted

First ever witch-house inspired comic book, released by MSV in 2013 in collaboration with writer and illustrator Sarah Horrocks. Includes CDR with a soundtrack for the book. Incredible idea and a hard to find gem.

Comic book cover:

CD cover:

https://mercurialblonde.wordpress.com/2 ... r-is-live/
https://mercurialblonde.tumblr.com/post/53755538309
I have a comic coming out next month. This is the official details/info:

PRE-ORDER FROM NEXT MONDAY, 24TH JUNE • OUT 5TH JULY 2013

DYSNOMIA a comic book by Sarah Horrocks based on the universe of MATER SUSPIRIA VISION influenced by Saga de Xam and the works of Guido Crepax

LIMITED EDITION 66 - DYSNOMIA BOOK + CDR w/ accompanying soundscapes by Mater Suspiria Vision

The pre-order will be at the phantasma disques store page

But yeah, it’s going to be a limited edition deal with a soundtrack from Mater Suspiria Vision and all that jazz. You’ll want to definitely pre-order because there won’t be very many made, and it won’t ever be reprinted anywhere else, or again—or collected in anything—part of the premise behind this project was that it would be super limited edition—so maybe someday someone can be as annoyed at me as I get at Eric Losfeld and the price to buy a copy of Saga De Xam online these days. But yeah—the idea is a sort of one of a kind comic artifact. I think it will be a pretty unique/special thing to own. So yeah…heads up.
Phantasma Disques

Re: Mater Suspiria Vision - Dysnomia (2013)

Post Posted

Side note: Saga de Xam (Nicolas Devil/Jean Rollin, 1967), also the influence on the name Cosmotropia de Xam was a huge influence on the Dysnomia as Sarah Horrocks and CdX love it. Saga de Xam which cost as original between 200 and 500 Euros, just recently had a reprint. Both are not english friendly but have incredible pictures.

The original:

The reprint:

zin
ɅDM†N

Re: Mater Suspiria Vision - Dysnomia (2013)

Post Posted

Love the insight info, thanks! Will look into that.

I'm on a scanning spree today, here's the Dysnomia CDR: