#OCCUPYXMAS (Baku Shad-do™ 2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Baku Shad-do

#OCCUPYXMAS (Baku Shad-do™ 2011)

Post by Baku Shad-do »

VA - #OCCUPYXMAS (Occupy X-mas) (Baku Shad-do™ 2011)

http://baku-shad-do-charitableworks.ban ... occupyxmas

I visited Tunisia in 2000 when Ben Ali was still enjoying his despotic rule of the Tunisian people. It was my first trip to an Africa nation and Muslim country. I didn't know what to expect exactly, but due to my first stop in the UK and dwindling finances this particular choice was playing second fiddle to my desired holiday in Morocco – I had always wanted to visit the Imperial Cities and to experience Marrakesh and its lively markets and street musicians. I was to arrive in Tunisia with scant knowledge of her people or culture. But I could recite a bit of movie trivia only a Star Wars fan would appreciate; the desert scenes from Luke's home world, Tatooine, were shot down south in the great Sahara Desert.
It would be more than a decade until I would come to learn the name, Mohamed Bouazizi, the poor Tunisian street vendor who set himself on fire in an act of total desperation and defiance that touched off the Arab Spring, and subsequently, the Occupy Wall Street movement.

Since September 17th, 2011 there have been two revolutions unfolding. The first revolution is the righteously noisy and axiomatic protest marches and occupations by thousands of citizens around the globe. What started in Zuccotti Park as the Occupy movement – within a mic check's holler from Wall Street – became the symbolic heart of the 99% who were no longer willing to march to the tune of the
1%. But it's the second revolution which will likely continue to evolve, inspire, and more than likely become the model for future movements once Occupy shakes the hell out of the corporate oligarchs and their jockeys (our politicians).

The second revolution is one of collaboration. I can testify to the power of this more personal mode of communication and exchange when I reflect on the many beautiful and diverse people from around the world who have contacted me, or I them, to share ideas of mutual benefit for ourselves and our communities or to express words of solidarity and hope for the movement. This second revolution has brought many creative types together too, like Baku Shad-do and I, along with the scores of musicians, sound engineers, artists, and photographers, he has assembled for a good cause, which will see all proceeds go to the Occupy Wall Street movement. The second revolution is what has made this eclectic compendium of music, #OCCUPYXMAS (Occupy X-mas), a reality and a gallant example of conscientious individuals coming together to stand opposed to those who seek to ruin society for the sake of mere profit.

- Craig Boehman

#OCCUPYXMAS (Occupy X-mas)
1 - SortaHuman vs Textbeak - Intro
2 - Vaginia Ludwigia - Bikini Bomb Island (Occupy the Island NewMan Version)
3 - (((O))) - Blood and Smoke
4 - SortaHuman - Screaming Fuck tha Police
5 - Nattymari-5742BVXXX CVP
6 -The Parallax View - Live From My Brain
7 - C.A.N.S - XXAlyatsLetYouIntXx
8 - Bath (Featuring Mike Textbeak) - Fold (Voctave Remix)
9 - Skeletonkids - Hardened
10 - Venom Vampires - The Years Have Fallen Dark
11 - REPLIKATOR - Slipery Slide Pip
12 - R. Stevie Moore - The Flavour Is Mine
13 - WITCHBOY - ❚✆☂EATING☀❚❚☒POPCORN☢❚❚☻AT☺❚❚☺THE☂❚❚♢ APOCALYPSE Ω
14 - RAPEWORM - Mask-Like Expression
15 - ∆AIMON - AMEN (Everything At Once Within)
16 - Ellis Island Affair - The Fire
17 - Teaadora - Change
18 - ᎪᏞᏐᎪ ᏋᏞᏋᏬ ᎢᎻᏋᏒᎪ - HERETIC
19 - Counting ToZero - Lone Wolf
20 - Das Fluff Featuring ••∆•• (Shadowofseven) - Clean Up Start Again
21 - }{I.D.T.A.L.}{}{InDusTreeAlLace}{ - ][]EYESPIT @The Ft.0V WALL St.[][
22 - Distant Trains - Efficiency Dividends Reclaimed As Free Time
23 - ʄ≜uxmuℭica - $treet $pirit
24 - Magicks - Catalyst
25 - A Thousand Vows - Sorts of Munchies
26 - (o)thers - wHaul Street
27 - M∆DD3N - N1†3 $L∆V3
28 - Magicks - Theme for a Candlelit Vigil
29 - Daze of Heaven - Wind Riots
30 - Terror Apart - Wizard of EArthSea
31 - I†† - Pøvvers
32 - Counting ToZero - Can't Help (Sinvoce)

Normal Rights (#OCCUPYXMAS Bonus Album)
1 - SortaHuman - Screaming Fuck tha Police (Nattymari Mix)
2 - ijĒŞǙŞ ҚĦŖiŞŢ - IT CAME FROM THE SKY *
3 - OS OVNI - Mindship
4 - The Parallax View - Overdone
5 - Teaadora – Symbol of the Age
6 - Harry Merry - Rock & Roll Postman
7 - Lenticular Clouds - Mankind Vs Greed
8 - B4D-W0LF - Backtrack
9 - SortaHuman - Smoke and Mirrors
10 - Nattymari ( the aGitator ) – gasswipe
11 - Yvan Liska - Toxitronic
12 - Lily Raven - Moirae
13 - Haruki Tamesue - all i feel is love (all i feel is hate mix)
14 - C.A.N.S - Christ Lost
15 - Daze of Heaven - Another Epiphany (Bonus Track)

* ijĒŞǙŞ ҚĦŖiŞŢ appears (with assistance of Garry Branham) courtesy of Dovey McWhorter (Manager of the Estate of Antonio Urdiales)
Compiled for the benefit of Occupy Wall Street by Baku Shad-do™. (http://www.facebook.com/Baku.Shad.do)
The views and opinions expressed by the artists and contributors involved do not necessarily reflect the views of the Occupy Wall Street movement.
The Normal Rights (#OCCUPYXMAS Bonus Album) is dedicated to Teaadora, thanks for all your hard work in both music and social justice; this is so you know how deeply we all appreciate you.

Credits:
Artists retain all rights to their songs and unauthorized duplication or distribution is illegal. Rights have been granted, by the artists, solely for inclusion in this set of digital albums to benefit Occupy Wall Street via the Alliance for Global Justice.
Produced by Baku Shad-do™ (baku.shad.do@gmail.com), as a courtesy, for Occupy Wall Street.
Track order was arranged, for the #OCCUPYXMAS (Occupy X-mas) album, by Mike Textbeak.
Track order was arranged, for the Normal Rights (#OCCUPYXMAS Bonus Album), by Baku Shad-do™.
Tracks 15-16 and 28 from the #OCCUPYXMAS (Occupy X-mas) album were mastered by Art Pinsof and were, additionally, mastered for album continuity by Toby Borrow.
Track 12 from the Normal Rights (#OCCUPYXMAS Bonus Album) was mastered by Lily Raven.
Tracks: 5-10, 14, 17-19, 22-23, 25, 27, 30-31 from the #OCCUPYXMAS (Occupy X-mas) album and track 4 from the Normal Rights (#OCCUPYXMAS Bonus Album) were mastered by Adam Boose at Cauliflower Audio. (info@caulifloweraudio.com)
All other tracks were mastered by Toby Borrow. (tborrow@gmail.com)
All (non-textual) artwork done for the #OCCUPYXMAS (Occupy X-mas) album and for the Normal Rights (#OCCUPYXMAS Bonus Album), with the exception of the original photography for the Normal Rights (#OCCUPYXMAS Bonus Album), was done by jjeff regeiringer. (http://www.jjeffregeiringer.com)
All textual artwork done for the #OCCUPYXMAS (Occupy X-mas) album and for the Normal Rights (#OCCUPYXMAS Bonus Album) was done by William Sarradet. (http://wsarradet.wordpress.com/)
Baku Shad-do™ logo artwork and design courtesy of William Sarradet.
Original photography for the Normal Rights (#OCCUPYXMAS Bonus Album) was done by Michael Perillo. All photos, of Teaadora, were taken in either Springfield, IL on National Occupy your State Capitol Day (October 29, 2011) or in Normal, IL at the first OccupyBloNo (Occupy Bloomington-Normal, IL) gathering (October 5, 2011).
#OCCUPYXMAS prose was written by (and appears courtesy of) Craig Boehman. (http://www.craigboehman.com/)
Baku Shad-do™ would like to offer his most heartfelt thanks to; Mike Textbeak, Dafydd McKaharay, Dana Young, Ryan Knowles, Toby Borrow, Adam Boose at Cauliflower Audio, jjeff regeiringer, William Sarradet, Derek Piotrowicz, Teaadora, Skye Speciale, Tod Shelton, Matt Supa Solley, Ryan Bast, and last but not least my loving boyfriend. Without all of your support, this never could have happened.
Baku Shad-do™ would also like to thank the following; Joe Royster, Theway Peoplestare, Blam Lord, all the folks at TDK D3cΔy, Carl Clandestine, Ben Tundra, Art Pinsof (and friends) at ∞∞∞ ALL ☼☼☼ KALEIDOSCOPIC ≋≋≋ RAYS இஇஇ, Harry Merry, R.Stevie Moore, all the folks at ▲†☯Post - Religion☯†▲, STILLBIRTH and all the members of ▲WI╪CHBØØK▲, Yorba Zergot at LOS7 ▲NGLE55, Jónó Mí Ló at ✌♫♪∞‡Ðï☯ŗ D☼żë‡∞♫♪✌, Hal McGee at Contact Group of Homemade Experimental Electronic Music and Noise, all the musicians involved, the entirety of the Occupy Movement, the Alliance for Global Justice, and everyone who helps to keep our little corner of the music world free and creative today.
MALFORMATION

Re: #OCCUPYXMAS (Baku Shad-do™ 2011)

Post by MALFORMATION »

michael berry is a complete douchebag
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: #OCCUPYXMAS (Baku Shad-do™ 2011)

Post by zin »

and you registered only to write this ? seriously ?