Philosophy & Religion

!!!
tendernessofwolves

Re: Philosophy & Religion

Post Posted

If anyone enjoys scholarly looks at occult and esoteric subjects, I've been enjoying this channel for the past year: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoydht ... XNRnkGnneQ - ESOTERICA
bossboja

Post Posted

I wouldn't say I'm quite an atheist either, as I am not firmly materialistic, but in the literal sense in believing in any traditional form of God, then yes I probably am.
TourMagdala

Post Posted

I'm a theistic chthonic pagan. I was raised Catholic*. I converted to wicca at 18, and gradually became a universalist chthonic pagan.

*A very specific, Louisiana-French, mystical, heavily (lower-case m) marianist Catholic.

It is also more complicated than that, because I am also heavily into science, and the fact of the matter is that the idea that we are close to the end of technology and science as well, is a conceit. To me, we are most likely halfway or less to the detail that quantum mechanics tells us must exist.

My philosophy is rather complicated, but the most basic point of it is that true, absolute knowledge is impossible. As limited creatures, able to normally perceive only one quantum reality at once, it is impossible for us to truly know if anything is true to 100% certainty.

I like to repeatedly apply religious, scientific and philosophical theories to each other until I find the common points between them. So I guess, putting that together would become "my occultism."

TL;DR I'm a weird witch.