OKKVLT KɅTT - Audible Silence (2020)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

OKKVLT KɅTT - Audible Silence (2020)

Post by zin »

1. Repent
2. Divide
3. Bound
4. Audible Silence

Buy:
https://okkvltkatt.bandcamp.com/album/audible-silence

New heat from the Katt from this year, I've ordered my CD already :smiley: Over the course of last year we've had a few discussions about the state of the scene, personal growth, influences and soul searching, and I'm happy to see how all those reflections manifested themselves in this 4-track EP (FYI - I'm not taking any credit for this, just saying that I've been a witness to them). Katt sounds more mature, more unique, and at the same time pays tribute to the og WH sound from '09/10. I could already hear his progress on the 2018's SPH3R3S album, which at the time I felt was a bit hit and miss. From today's perspective I can see how it was a needed checkpoint for him to find himself and the sound he wants to cultivate. Zulili, the new vocalist, is a great addition and adds to those tracks something extra, without taking over the whole composition. Her murky vocals, eternally suspended in distortion, almost perfectly complete the raw, heavy hitting beats. The whole release is a grower and one of my fav EPs this year so far.