[lyn] - Lettres d'avenir (2020)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Bedtime Stories

[lyn] - Lettres d'avenir (2020)

Post by Bedtime Stories »

The album is composed of 17 tracks exploring various styles, from witch rave to experimental electronics, and lyrics about spirituality, future, and existential crisis.

The album is available here: https://auclairdelalyn.bandcamp.com/alb ... es-davenir
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: [lyn] - Lettres d'avenir

Post by zin »

I've been meaning to write about this for weeks now.

Extension to the excellent Mælfunctiœn EP, this album is all over the place stylistically. The whole record is like a weird, drugged night out, starting with going out clubbing, walking through multi-floor warehouse while high as fuck, with different DJs spinning music on each level (first half of the album), followed up by a half-awake trip home, passing out on a couch and having some weird spaced out dreams and come-down. One can even argue that the whole record is like a trippy dream. The album properly kicks off with pulsating "Terranova", one of my fav tracks here, followed up soon after by ravey euphoria in "Tesseract". "Imaginary Lands" gives this spacey feel you get when looking at strobe lights intoxicated. Made me think of My Hand by Eyeshadows for some reason. "Le Ballet des lucioles" reminded me those times I lost friends at the club and tried looking for them. "The Night a Flee Dreamed of Love" brings some of that EP vibe back, synth-led dreaminess. "Nonna e Lacrima" goes even further, cinematic ambient lullaby that makes my mind doze off, only to be floating in dreams to the sounds of "Ange Gardien" soon after. The out of body vibes last for the next 4 tracks, only to be awaken for a moment with memories of lost rave fading away in "Gloria". The album is a trip, literally and methaphorically, I feel like it needs some time to get used to it, but once we familiarise ourselves with it it's a great ride. It could be maybe 3-4 tracks shorter, but overall it's a nice AND diverse follow up to Mælfunctiœn.