(Serum) Witch House Presets

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
shin3kid

(Serum) Witch House Presets

Post Posted

Could anyone throw me some witch house presets for Serum?

Particularly into Salem and White Ring, but will take whatever you got basically.

If not Serum, I'm still open to Salem/White Ring synth presets for whatever VST you mite have em 4.

:coffin: :coffin: :coffin: :skull: :skull: :skull:
WraithVeil

Re: (Serum) Witch House Presets

Post Posted

ADSR keep trying to sell me a Witch House pack full of Serum presets. Can't speak for the quality of it because I don't use Serum, but the preview sounds decent enough. For $20 it might be worth you taking a gamble?

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/pres ... m-presets/
lævita

Post Posted

For 31.99 you get this outfit
shin3kid

Post Posted

WraithVeil wrote: April 17th, 2021, 12:26 pm ADSR keep trying to sell me a Witch House pack full of Serum presets. Can't speak for the quality of it because I don't use Serum, but the preview sounds decent enough. For $20 it might be worth you taking a gamble?

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/pres ... m-presets/
I actually pirated his splice bank funny enough, not quite the sound I'm going for but close.

Thanks for lettin me kno bruh
shin3kid

Post Posted

lævita wrote: April 17th, 2021, 4:41 pm For 31.99 you get this outfit
thxx boutta b swagged out heavy metal drip lord
WraithVeil

Post Posted

shin3kid wrote: April 17th, 2021, 10:24 pm I actually pirated his splice bank funny enough, not quite the sound I'm going for but close.

Best thing to do is fuck around with synthesis yourself and find the sounds you really want. Start with making a Reese bass and a supersaw then play with unison, detune, filter cutoff, chorus, saturation etc until you find something that really works for you and save it as a user preset.

Like I said, I don't have Serum but I learned a shitload using Vital. It's very visual and you can apply the LFO's, envelopes or macros to almost everything. Serum should be the same, and if not, Vital is free and well worth downloading anyway.
shin3kid

Post Posted

WraithVeil wrote: April 18th, 2021, 11:37 am
shin3kid wrote: April 17th, 2021, 10:24 pm I actually pirated his splice bank funny enough, not quite the sound I'm going for but close.

Best thing to do is fuck around with synthesis yourself and find the sounds you really want. Start with making a Reese bass and a supersaw then play with unison, detune, filter cutoff, chorus, saturation etc until you find something that really works for you and save it as a user preset.

Like I said, I don't have Serum but I learned a shitload using Vital. It's very visual and you can apply the LFO's, envelopes or macros to almost everything. Serum should be the same, and if not, Vital is free and well worth downloading anyway.
Thanks a lot. Most helpful person I've encountered on the various online forums/chats when asking about witch house. Preciate u
WraithVeil

Post Posted

shin3kid wrote: April 19th, 2021, 2:37 am Thanks a lot. Most helpful person I've encountered on the various online forums/chats when asking about witch house. Preciate u
Thanks man. I'm only 6 months in to playing with synthesis, I was always a guitar guy. Synths used to confuse the fuck out of me so I also used to scour the net for presets to get the sound I was looking for. Just playing with a few is the best thing you can do, the more you play around, the more you learn and the more everything makes sense.

Try putting a triangle wave into your first oscillator then experiment with how it sounds different when you add a saw wave vs a square wave to your second oscillator.

Put a saw wave on both the first and second oscillators and detune one so they're out of sync. Try pitching the second one up or down an octave.

There's tons of free synths you can try out that are less complicated than Serum and Vital, Charlatan is a nice basic one to mess around with.

Try chaining your synth into a guitar amp VST for even more fun.
WraithVeil

Post Posted

I finally gave in and bought Serum on rent-to-own through Splice this week to see what all of the fuss was about. I love Vital, but man, Serum is something else. The amount of development and availability of sick third party presets is insane.
lævita

Post Posted

SERUM is the SHIT!
in some ways... jeje

my pocket: MASSIVE X, SERUM, Crypt (bow Church)

#STAYWITCH
WraithVeil

Post Posted

Crypt is great, especially having that number of unison voices.

Part of getting Serum was intending to spend less time on sound design (which is where I enjoy wasting most of my time within Vital) and more time writing music.

I got the ShamanStems pack and it's alright. Most Serum preset packs seem more orientated towards future bass, dnb, dubstep, psytrance, lo-fi etc. If you have any pointers on other premium packs I can use as a starting point I'm up for it.
lævita

Post Posted

I got some hardcore, hardstyle, rawwww leads, moving a few settings you can get good stuff (;

https://gravitascreate.com/?s=catalyst
https://www.evosounds.com/freeserumhardstylepresets
WraithVeil

Post Posted

I took a look at the properties of my Serum Presets folder.

3.54 GB
247 Folders
12,194 Files.

Someone needs to tell me to stop.
lævita

Post Posted

finally i downloaded all the omnisphere 2 with some packs, but

LOL :droplet:
I started to feel the slower processes, so...

I am better with serum, absolutely!
tendernessofwolves

Post Posted

Ouch! You'd be better off having Omnisphere on it's own drive...