ourobonic plague - DIPROTODON (2021)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
0hPeee

ourobonic plague - DIPROTODON (2021)

Post by 0hPeee »

This is my first proper release for quite some time. If you're not familiar with me (and I don't know why many would be) I started out many years ago banging together some kind of unnameable noisy experimental beats, through to what some called witch house, and then to some faster, techno-ish productions... and now I've kind of circled back to the start while dragging elements of the whole story with me. If it's not clear, I don't know exactly how to describe this one, but a friend and co-conspirator said it: "sounds like a really scuzzed out and slowed down source direct tune or something," and that seems to fit.

https://ourobonicplague.bandcamp.com/album/diprotodon

Thanks to zin for always being so supportive to myself and others, and for letting me spruik my wares up in here.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: ourobonic plague - DIPROTODON

Post by zin »

Thank you, respect for one of our forum's OGs ;) You're always more than welcome to share your music and thoughts here.

I've just purchased the EP, and after my first two spins all I can say is: love it! "Diprotodon" stylistically sounds to me like a continuation of your first three projects (mainly "Moon Worship" and "Post Human Possibilities") and natural progression from where they left off. While "PHP" and "GAAP" for example were quite uneven, this new EP feels more cohesive and thought through. The whole thing has a suspensful and quite menacing atmosphere, constructed on grandeur drone synths and sparingly placed drums, that make me want to believe this is some unreleased soundtrack to a long-lost 80s sci-fi horror movie. It also takes me back to 2011 for some reason, in the best way possible. To fully enjoy this slowly unravelling project, one should immerse themselves in the listening process, it's a visceral experience from start to finish. Honestly, I think this is the best release in Ourobonic Plague's discography. Recommended :skull:
0hPeee

Re: ourobonic plague - DIPROTODON (2021)

Post by 0hPeee »

thanks again for the kind words.

Here's some free downloads for WHdotcom users (go to https://ourobonicplague.bandcamp.com/yum to redeem)

EDIT:
[it seems someone used all the codes at once. maybe they couldn't figure out what was happening. or maybe they were trying to be cute. i still have codes to give away though. so if you're a regular at this forum and want one, DM me.]
Last edited by 0hPeee on September 2nd, 2021, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
0hPeee

Post by 0hPeee »

not sure how much traffic the production forum gets so just thought I'd post this here too. hope that's cool.
hello.

i'm ourobonic plague.

if you're not familiar with me - i am an australian guy, started out making more abstract noisy/droney beats, then quite early on found that this thing called witch-house was sort of similar to what i was doing, so i started to use that tag. as time went on my tastes evolved a little and i made things a little faster, dabbling in a more techno-y sound, but also still noise/ambient/generally experimental stuff. some people put my tracks on some cool releases. i got to do some cool gigs.

then i went through "some shit," as they say, and stopped making music for a while. getting back into it was a slow process but i find myself now in a rather satisfying place with it. for the time being anyway.
i recently released a new album (https://ourobonicplague.bandcamp.com/album/diprotodon) which kinda has elements of the things i've done in the past, dragged back around into a slow industrial vibe, or something. i like it. anyway, if you also like it, i wondered if you'd be interested in a collaboration or remix of some sort?
do check my stuff out first. it's not for everyone.

you can reach me at; ourobonicplague at gm*il dot com, if you want to chat about doing something together. send me some of your stuff. tell me what stuff of mine you liked enough to reach out about. let's connect tendrils.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

0hPeee wrote: August 30th, 2021, 2:24 am not sure how much traffic the production forum gets so just thought I'd post this here too. hope that's cool.
Surprisingly quite a lot. I track it with google analytics, it just shows that people are actively looking for music tips, I just wish more people actually used it (as in contributed). Also thanks for DL codes, I'm happy I was able to support you directly, but I know there are folks who cannot afford paying for music on regular basis.
0hPeee

Post by 0hPeee »

zin wrote: August 30th, 2021, 9:18 am
0hPeee wrote: August 30th, 2021, 2:24 am not sure how much traffic the production forum gets so just thought I'd post this here too. hope that's cool.
Surprisingly quite a lot.
that's great! now to see if anything comes of it, ha.
yaka-anima

Toxic Re: ourobonic plague - DIPROTODON (2021)

Post by yaka-anima »

w7hl-czbr used thanks for the code-. excellent album. i like it a lot- i did a little review on it.

and about the collaboration. i'm interested. i have a music project with my wife called humanfobia. past month we did a collaboration with other artists who provide some stems this is how i mix: https://humanfobia-official.bandcamp.co ... nt-ep-2021 / if you want just send me stems, drums, synths, etc. and i will mix all and also i will add the voice of my wife on it. my email: yaka.anima@gmail.com the invitation is open. you can find me on facebook like Sabila Orbe in case that you want to talk of anything. regards and thanks again
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost:
0hPeee

Post by 0hPeee »

Oh, thank you for the review there!

And as for the collab offer, I'll note your details down. I'll have to have a think about what to send you!