Party Trash - Party Trash (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Party Trash - Party Trash (2011)

Post by zin »

1. SKYCLAD
2. DRIVE-BY
3. DRUNKDIAL|W/RAWMOANS
4. COCAINE&ASHES w/ ✝NO VIRGIN✝
5. BEAST
6. INTERLUDE
7. юнак
8. RAGE
9. RABID
10. DIAMOND
11. GONER
12. NO MORE
13. THE WAY IT GOES

I honestly cannot believe Joe's project does not have a single thread in this forum, Party Trash has been a pillar for this scene for years, and he's still super active (even though he shifted his sound as Party Trash, but there's a number of his other side projects, ambient Clearning being the most prominent). What better way to introduce his work here, than posting about his self-titled debut album from March 2011. Unfortunately it's been pulled from Bandcamp for a while now, and also renamed to "Beast" for an unknown reason (well, PT has a handful of s/t releases so maybe it's a way to try to organise them?), but I may share a link with those interested? DM me.

This LP has aged incredibly well, and sounds as bold today as it did 11 years ago. It's a cohesive blend of dark hip-hop beats and witch-house aesthetics, spiced up with ethereal elements that give the album a lo-fi feel present on early SALEM tracks ("Drive-by" or "Beast" are great examples). The album also draws from synthpop/electro scene ("Diamond") and still-forming at the time vaporwave ("No More"). Both features from Raw Moans on "Drunkdial" and No Virgin on "Cocaine & Ashes" are phenomenal, the former obviously went on to start SKYLINES band with Party Trash and Top Girls, so that was a preview of an amazing collaboration. "Cocaine & Ashes" may be the very last No Virgin released before disappearing forever.

The album is a personal classic for myself, anyone who likes SALEM, Blvck Ceiling or Mascara will find here something to love here.